“Questionable...”

Ranked #67 of 74 Hotels in Williamsburg
Annapolis, Maryland
“Questionable...”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Knew not to expect Ritz style for the price but it wasn't as bad as many have stated, at least not our room.

What one must expect with this price however is less than ideal customer service and the car wash next door I do believe doubles as a drug dealing establishment. We stayed on the side neighboring said car wash and were able to witness numerous questionable things occurring in the hotel parking lot spaces lining the side of the car wash.

Next visit to Williamsburg will be at a more quality establishment.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mymonkeybug

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Emmitsburg, Maryland
Reviewed 1 July 2014

One of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in rooms dirty and hard to find Front desk rude and couldn't care less. Actually didn't feel safe staying there. There was actually a misc. charge on my bill that was never explained but it certainly wasn't for maintance Made wrong turn trying to find our room and found ourselves in the back of hotel where there was a homeless man camped out. My next email is going to be to Williamsburg board of health because these sleeze bags should be shutdown!!!

Room Tip: stay awayworst hotel wouldn't even take a shower there.Room very hard to find
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 May 2014

OMG, what an experience! Booked reservations for this room online for just one night. Needed a cheap place to stay while visiting Busch Gardens. I guess you get what you pay for. However, $75 for a double is not some drop in the bucket to me! The experience got off to a bad start as I was told that they could not find my reservation. Then I was told that the non-smoking room I had booked and paid for was unavailable. I was told to smoke outside.! I knew that it would be hard to find somewhere else to go because I tried beforehand and just about everything close by was full. I asked my fiancé to deal with the manager who in my opinion did not know what he was doing. I was later informed by my fiancé that the manager offered to make things right by switching us with someone else who had just checked in. Well, this individual did not want to switch! Can't say I blame him! The room was relatively clean, but there were 2 chairs in the room that were filthy! I don't know why they weren't thrown out a long time ago. They were so filthy that I refused to sit on them. I spray everything in the room with Lysol including the 2 chairs. The room was nothing to write home about. Outdated furniture, comforter, shower curtains, television. Looked like the owner could care less! The glow in the dark stars were really nice though. I will never stay there again because I did not get what I paid for, but I smoked in that room all I wanted to, because that's what I paid for!! The Travelodge down the street was so much nicer. I couldn't believe the difference in the two!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2014

What a horrible experience!!! We booked a non-smoking room - it wreaked of a foul smoke odor upon entering da room - they gave us another room that was tolerable, just for us to discover after our shower that the beds were infested with BED BUGS!!!!! We immediately informed the front desk, called the booking agency to arrange a refund, and packed our bags with da quickness! Fortunately, we are able to receive a refund, leave the BED BUGS behind and return safely to our humble abode. WE URGE YOU NOT to stay at this facility. We really needed a get-a-way and Williamsburg was booked (Memorial Day weekend) so we took a chance, on this crappy place.

Room Tip: Here's the tip, DON"T choose any of these rooms - ours had BED BUGS!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karla B
VA
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We just wanted a one night quick get away, so we stayed here because of its location and the price you couldn't beat. Upon arrival I had to wait for someone to come to the front desk for about 5 to 8 minutes. I had made my reservations on hotels.com so he was not able to look me up due to some glitch, so I basically had to do a whole new reservation upon check in. The parking lot was all but desserted. We got a queen size room overlooking the pool, which is February leads for a not so nice view. The room was dark and musty feeling. In order for us to seat at the desk to eat our dinner we had to rearrange things just to make room for you to sit and eat. The room was not very clean, however I did not see any bugs, just a general not so clean. It clearly is a dated hotel and could use some upgrades and a very detailed cleaning. We will not be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I had stayed at economy hotels before, so I knew not to expect much... But this was the worst experience I have ever had. We walked into our room and a cockroach ran across the floor. Turned around to lock the door and the lock was broken. Went to turn on the lights and one was out. Went to the bathroom and the toilet wouldn't flush, shower was falling apart and dirty, and the soaps were from San Francisco Travelodge. The walls, floors, blankets were all stained. Needless to say we walked out and got a refund. Here's the part that made me write this review... The manager did not apologize, he told me I brought the cockroach in, I am a spoiled girl, and mocked the way I talk! He told me to shut up so that he doesn't lose HIS temper. (I was honestly extremely nice about the whole situation) On my way out I spotted a dead cockroach in the middle of his "lobby!" I went to take a picture to report it and he yells at me to put away my phone. I am a struggling college student and had been saving for this weekend getaway for months.. To top it off, there were sketchy people hanging around outside. I am very shocked that this place passed any kind of inspection.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank amh9108
Summersville, West Virginia
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

The motel itself is small but you have all the necessities you need. Stopped by to plan a stay for a large group, and chose this motel for the second time in a few years. You will not find a cleaner place in Williamsburg! The manager is a kind man, and went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed. Will definitely do business with him for years to come! Perfect location for school groups, top notch cleanliness, and each guest receives personalized service! Excellent convenient location next to many restaurants but not in major traffic areas. Overall a phenomenal experience with service and cleanliness. Highly recommend!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business