“Excellent !”

Ranked #31 of 74 Hotels in Williamsburg
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Excellent !”
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Our king suite was clean and very comfortable for our three day stay in town. The front desk crew were very helpful and the breakfast ladies put out a delightful spread, including eggs, sausauge, biskets, pancakes, fresh fruit. You will not go hungry. Personally I enjoy breakfast by 6 AM but.......

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hobomonty
Kathy S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
I am glad that you had a great visit with us at the Holiday Inn Express! I will ensure the Front desk staff and all the staff know how happy you were with your stay. I look forward to your next visit to Williamsburg!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Loved this hotel - very clean - well kept. Will be staying here in the future. I feel you can't go wrong with a Holiday Inn Express. The front desk people were very helpful - with things to do and see and places to eat.

Room Tip: All rooms were great.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
I will share your expereince with all the staff at the hotel. I am happy that your stay was enjoyable and the service you received was top of the line. I am please that you will make the Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg your hotel of choice!

Sugar Hill, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Checked into a full house and upon arrival to the room and notice a very strong odor such as deodorizer. Called down to see if we could move...no can do as I said full house. So I asked PLEASE do not us ant chemical while we were there.No problem they were very apologetic and asked what they could do..well not a thing really. So we opened the window, walked over to La Plaza mexican restaurant next door and brought back some food..Ha just the trick to slow down the odor. The room was nice, clean, and everyone waned to help but there wasn't a thing that could happen short of steam cleaning the carpet. But it went away after a day or so..thank goodness. Each morning we were greeted with a USA today paper at the door and lots of smiles at the hot breakfast area...pretty good if you are there early...( I like soft scrambles). But fresh fruit and yogurts and breads,biscuits and cereals all fresh and kept stocked throughout the morning. Everyone including maintenance was very helpful..our A/C went out Sunday night about 9pm didn't call until the am and it was replaced within 2 hrs. Yep wheeled in a new one..I would stay here again for sure. They went out of their way to make our stay good and we were there for 7 nights. If you have an issue with chlorine smell stay up at least on the 2nd floor as the indoor pool tends to get a ton of traffic and the kids leave the doors open...need not say more. All good though and indoor pool is a nice addition. Thanks to the crew. We are priority club members and received a great rate as well.

Room Tip: If you have perfume type allergies you may want to check the room, it may have just been a fluke but...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Glen R
Kathy S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday inn Express and Suites. I will ensure the staff of the hotel hears your comments. I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Williambsurg.
Wood-Ridge, NJ
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Very confortable place to stay at a reasonable rate. The front desk staff is fantastic, always greets you with a smile, and is the reason I gave 4*'s. The hotel is is a great location with tons of shops and restaurants all around. The rooms are functional and clean, although for a suite, it was underwhelming. Didn't check out the pool or free breakfast. Would come here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Kathy S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express. I will pass on to the great comments to all the staff. I look forward to you next visit to Williamsburg and the Holiday Inn Express.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I was in Williamsburg for Labor Day weekend for a friend's wedding. I found the Holiday Inn Express to be very welcoming, with a great front desk staff. I asked about local area attractions and also for suggestions of things to do in the evening and the girl at the front desk was very kind and provided great suggestions. I came into contact with the maintenance staff as well, and the gentleman was very kind and offered great service. In the morning, I found the breakfast attendant to be very sweet and attentive. With a busy holiday weekend, I was surprised at well she stayed on top of everything! I like how property is closely located to main road, so when we did not feel like driving we could walk to various places. Overall, I enjoyed my time at the Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Kathy S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thank you for the great comments about the staff. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure that everyone knows how much you appreciated the hospitality they offered. I look forward to your next visit with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg.
South Windsor, Connecticut
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Our stay was not what we expected. After obscene amounts of traffic on our way in we arrived with our two small children at 1 am. On our way to our room we encountered an awful smell in the hall but thought we'd address it in the morning...until we noticed that the odor was coming from our room. It wreaked of mold and wet dog. My husband and 4 year old suffer from allergies and had an immediate reaction to the smell. We called the desk to tell them we needed a new room and were told that, "um we are sold out.". After a little work we were finally moved to ANOTHER hotel at 1:30 am. We finally ended up back at this hotel the following day and asked how we would be compensated for this since we already paid in advance for our vacation package. The manager said she would get back to us. It is 12 days later and not response. Our new rooms furnishings and décor were fine but the housekeeping standards were below average. Our bathroom had lots of hair on the floor and in the tub when we checked and my 4 year old found a cold medicine packet on the floor near the night stand. Last but not least the pool water quality was questionable. The water was very cloudy/dirty looking and I was uncomfortable having my children swim in it. On a more positive note the breakfast room attendant was exceptionally friendly and accommodating. Over all the hotel was just "ok".

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank GIgiCT0428
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear GIgiCT0428,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg, VA. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Visiting Busch Gardens with my boyfriend, we love roller coasters, and I always try to go with the Holiday Inn Express brand when traveling. I was not disappointed. Check in was quick and easy. The room was clean, nice and comfortable. All we needed for one night. It was in a nice and safe location. Close to a few fast food restaurants down the road. The breakfast was nice and fresh. Only thing I didn't like was that check out was not until noon and they stopped breakfast at 9:30. We would have missed breakfast if we slept in but we planned accordingly. Great place to stay for the night. We will definitely return to this place on our next trip to Williamsburg.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Kathy S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
I am glad you enjoyed your visit with us at the Holiday Inn Express during your roller coaster adventure at Busch Gardens. I have taken note of your concerns with the Breakfast hours and will be evaluating the possibility of expanding the hours next summer. I look forward to your next visit to Williamsburg.