“Excellent value for money”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg
Ranked #34 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Bedfordshire
“Excellent value for money”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

OK so the room was dated, too dark to read and needed an update but the room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was passable but just try using the cheap plastic knives and forks - quite a challenge. The reception staff were excellent and I should mention Christine who was most helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DerekHardy
Catherine P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
I will pass on your comments to the Staff and the Holiday Inn Express and Suites. Everyone loves to hear that our guest had a great stay. Christine was thrilled that you had a good time while your were visiting the Williamsburg area. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We had a very nice stay in this newly-renovated hotel. Affordable rates, spotless room, comfortable beds, and aesthetically pleasing decor in the room. Within convenient driving distance to Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens, and located right next to a gas station (for you road trippers like me). I look forward to staying here again in the future!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Catherine P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
I am was thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. I am glad you found everything you needed within a short distance. I hope to see you again.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed two nights for a choral competition trip with 30 high school students. The hotel was nice and clean. The queen sized beds in the double rooms were very comfortable with great pillows. It was nice being able to have a hot breakfast right in the hotel. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Catherine P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites during your choral competition time period. I am glad you enjoyed the Express start breakfast to get your day started. I look forward to your next visit, whether it be to attend another competition or just to come visit the many Historic Sites.
Holly Springs, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here two nights for business and enjoyed the room but not the noise. The bed was comfortable with excellent pillows and the service good after I wanted to change rooms because my room was across the elevator. I ended up in a handicapped room that was large and comfortable- the wifi was excellent.

The carpet in my room was starting to ruffle and needed to be stretched. The coffee pot was also adjacent to the toilet which is a germ Petrie dish. My biggest complaint was the noise- the main reason I bumped this place down. My entire floor was composed of high school kids on a field trip that were loud the entire night (I did complain). The hotel should have done a better job isolating them or putting the other guests on another floor- they were screaming and running the halls until midnight. Another suggestion for business travelers is get your food early because if you wait until after 800am, the families come down and push,pull, and claw their way through the food lines. I have never seen anything like it- like starving wolves.

All in all I would have liked to give this hotel better marks but the noise and thin walls affected my stay (negatively).

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Anthony G
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Anthony G,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. We understand that having a comfortable stay is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. We are sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the noise. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Monroe, Connecticut
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a nice place to stay overnight during our April break trip with the kids and we definitely found it!! This hotel was not only super clean but the beds were so comfortable which was a treat after a long drive!! It was our first time in Williamsburg and wish we had more time. What a beautiful area!! The continental breakfast was very generous with eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits & gravy along with all the other pastries, bagels, cereal etc. If we come back will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed April 2014
I am excited that we made your spring break vacation memorable. The Holiday Inn Express & Suites strives to make every guest feel special and looks as if we succeeded. I look forward to your next visit to the Williamsburg area.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 April 2014

The room was good, clean. We loved the breakfast , a lot of good food. They have some restaurants around you can go walking. Very good location. The beds were clean and comfortable.
The staff was very nice and friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Viviane76
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. I look forward to your next visit so you can enjoy more of Williamsburg.
Clinton, MD
Reviewed 18 March 2014

The only negative thing I can say about the hotel was that the walls appeared to be very thin. Many times I heard people in the hallway and they didn't appear to be talking loud. The bed was very comfortable and very clean. Nice spacious room. The location was the best, very close to plenty of places to eat, etc. I am not sure how close it was to the amusement parks, but a short drive to the shopping outlets and the pottery. The staff was very friendly. I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank YDM425
Catherine P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for letting us know how your visit was at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, East. For you future reference, we are only a short drive to the amusement parks located in Williamsburg. I look forward to your next visit.