“Great room, good price, friendly staff”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg
Ranked #34 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Salisbury, North Carolina
“Great room, good price, friendly staff”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

A king suite was our home for one night while visiting some sites in Williamsburg.

We found this hotel to be just right in terms of location, value, and comfort.

The room was large with a comfortable bed, new TV, and nice furniture that fit well with the colonial atmosphere.

The breakfast was good with the usual variety of choices, and the coffee was exceptionally good.

The only complaint was that the ceiling in the bathroom appeared to have been spattered with some kind of reddish/orange stains. Other than that, the room was very clean.

If I had the need to come back to Williamsburg soon, I would make this my first choice.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Catherine P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
I would like to thank you for making the Holiday Inn Express & Suites your hotel of choice in Williamsburg. Thank you for letting me know about the bathroom ceiling so I can ensure this is not over looked in the future. I look forward to you next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We had a great family vacation. Breakfast was yummy. The rooms were clean and the location was perfect. The customer service was outstanding. And a Special Thank you Patra!!!! She made our stay extra wonderful. Always I smile on her face with every guest.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. I am glad you enjoyed your visit with us. I will ensure that Patra knows that she helped put a smile on you face each day.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed in a king suite. The sofa, table and desk in the living area were attractive and in excellent condition. On room comfort and appearances alone this is one of the nicest HIE hotels I have stayed at. The lounge area near the reception desk is also very nice. There is a warm saltwater pool for the kiddos and a well tended breakfast bar. The cleaning staff is prompt and very thorough. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Catherine P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank yo for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. I am glad you like our rooms. I will ensure all the staff knows how their attention to detail makes things great for our guest. I look forward to your next visit to Williamsburg.
Minneapolis
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Highly recommend this Holiday Inn site. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Breakfast has a nice variety of food. The best part is the wonderful people who work there. Kathleen the manage solves all problems, front desk personnel are helpful and efficient and bake great cookies. This is a reasonably priced hotel that has a lot of pluses in their great staff.

Room Tip: Love a king room for a longer stay
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Catherine P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. I am glad you loved the cookies, we will be sure to have some fresh baked cookies on you next visit to Williamsburg.
Anoka, MN
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We spent the last week in this property which is very convenient to the History Triangle and a host of other points of interest. It appears that the property has been recently renovated and is very attractive. The staff is friendly and attentive and quickly overcame a couple minor mechanical glitches.

The complimentary breakfast is very nice.

The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable.

I'd recommend this hotel to anyone headed for the Williamsburg area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Catherine P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
I would like to thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg. It sounds like you had a great time visiting our area. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed five nights to see the historic sites. There was obvious food sprinkled around the carpet in corridor and our room! The shower control was faulty and had to be yanked to achieve shower spray. Significant issues with hot water (slow, inconsistent, unavailable) throughout the first two days.

It is a shame to see such a nice hotel with serious issues.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
I would like to thank you for sharing your concerns with me at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. I apologize for the hot water challenges you encountered during your visit. We did have a part go bad on our circulation pump and the issue has been resolved. I have addressed your concerns with the cleanliness of your guest room and hallway area with my housekeeping staff to ensure that this issue does not arise again. I did work with my engineering staff to adjust the handle on the shower for you to make it easier to turn. If you would like to contact me directly, please feel free to contact me at cpatton@ltdhospitality.com.

Bedfordshire
Reviewed 1 June 2014

OK so the room was dated, too dark to read and needed an update but the room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was passable but just try using the cheap plastic knives and forks - quite a challenge. The reception staff were excellent and I should mention Christine who was most helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DerekHardy
I will pass on your comments to the Staff and the Holiday Inn Express and Suites. Everyone loves to hear that our guest had a great stay. Christine was thrilled that you had a good time while your were visiting the Williamsburg area. We look forward to your next visit.