“OverNight for college visit”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg
Ranked #39 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed one night on a Monday while visiting W&M. The desk attendant was the low point of an otherwise very satisfactory stay. It was not a busy day and I was the only person in the lobby checking in- no phones ringing, no other apparent distractions...but she didn't say hello or even crack a smile to greet me. She checked me in and I went to my room on the 2nd floor and found that it was right next to the elevator, which is almost always too noisy for me to sleep. I went back down and politely asked to be moved. She was visibly annoyed. She didn't say a word...She just glared at me and silently took my keys and assigned me a new room. I said thank you, she mustered a your welcome...so while not a complete disaster it made me feel pretty unwelcome. If it were a busier night I would understand that someone had to get the 'dud' room...but the parking lot was more than half empty overnight so there were certainly other options. Otherwise, everything looked up to date and well maintained, on par with other HIE'S. We were in a rush the next morning, so I can't comment on breakfast. Location is safe, with many stores and restaurants within walking distance or a short drive. Historic area is a short drive, as is W&M.

• Stayed: April 2014
Catherine P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you very for taking the time to let me know about your visit during your stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. I would like to apologize for the manner in which you were treated by the Front Desk Agent on Duty. I am glad the remainder of your visit was good. I would like to address this with the staff, if you be willing to contact me at cpatton@ltdhospitality.com or 757-941-1057. We appreciate your business and look forward to your visiting in the future. Enjoy the college trips and hope to see you in Williamsburg soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Went up for 4th of July weekend with some friends and it was excellent! I chose to stay in a suite since it was the same price as a standard room. It was HUGE!! Was thoroughly surprised with the layout and as with all Holiday Inn Expresses even in Singapore, the breakfast was nice...a little crowded where they served it but was nice. Definitely recommend staying there!

Stayed: July 2014
Catherine P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay in the Suite and the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. Breakfast always gets your day started, I am glad you enjoyed your start to the day. I hope you will stay with us during your next visit the Williamsburg.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This hotel seems to be well kept and clean. I am here with family and friends on a short vacation. The rooms are well maintained and the staff is very friendly. We booked through a travel agent, and a few things have made this a less than average stay.

1) We requested adjoining rooms, didn't find out until arrival, they do not have adjoining rooms. I believe a reply from the hotel to the travel agency, would have been better customer service, as the agency requested adjoining rooms when they booked it.

2) When I checked in, I asked the desk clerk to let me give you my IHG Rewards Number, her reply was " You don't get points for this stay as you booked through a travel agent" IHG Rewards is not always about points, it is a status also that entitles you to certain privileges. Example, I didn't get the daily paper delivered to the room, if my rewards were on file, I would have.

3) This is not a hotel for families to completely enjoy their stay. There are no benches, tables, chairs, or anything else to sit and congregate outside. The only bench is the 3 person park type bench, in the front of the building, "The Designated Smoking Area". My wife's friend is highly sensitive to cigarette smoke, so that didn't work out so well, except for my Buddy and I, I smoke cigarettes, he smokes cigars. The only alternative, is the indoor pool area, but the chlorine was overwhelming.

1  Thank AviationMedic

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. I apologize that the Front Desk Agent did not make notation of your IHG Rewards number. I will ensure the staff is aware that we should always make not of your guest rewards number so that you may enjoy the benefits associated and receive credit for your stay, even if points are not rewarded. If you would provide me with you IHG rewards number, I would like to ensure that you receive credit for you night stay. I hope your family will stay with us in the future, you may utilize our great room at any time to sit and visit. Our great room also has two TV's that you enjoy or the kid's can enjoy while the adults have conversation. I appreciate your feed back as we are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were here for only a day and the hotel was great. Super friendly staff and super clean room. Beds were very very comfortable and we got a suite upgrade for being members of holiday inn priority club. Good location plenty of places to eat close. Cool general store near by had Fife and Drums music live which was great. Especially since we went to Colonial Williamsburg and it was a huge disappointment.
Food in hotel was great, day we stayed a chorus group was there and I felt bad for the kitchen staff it was all they could do to keep the stuff full but they did a great job. Only complaint I had was business center only had 1 computer working and hotel was full so I could never get a shot at one.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites and thank you for being an IHG rewards elite member. I am glad you enjoyed your suite during your visit. I apologize for the computer being down at the business center, we are working on getting the 2nd work station repaired. The General Store is a great place to visit, especially when the Fife and Drum are preforming. I hope that we will be your hotel of choice during your next visit to Williamsburg.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

A king suite was our home for one night while visiting some sites in Williamsburg.

We found this hotel to be just right in terms of location, value, and comfort.

The room was large with a comfortable bed, new TV, and nice furniture that fit well with the colonial atmosphere.

The breakfast was good with the usual variety of choices, and the coffee was exceptionally good.

The only complaint was that the ceiling in the bathroom appeared to have been spattered with some kind of reddish/orange stains. Other than that, the room was very clean.

If I had the need to come back to Williamsburg soon, I would make this my first choice.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

I would like to thank you for making the Holiday Inn Express & Suites your hotel of choice in Williamsburg. Thank you for letting me know about the bathroom ceiling so I can ensure this is not over looked in the future. I look forward to you next visit.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We had a great family vacation. Breakfast was yummy. The rooms were clean and the location was perfect. The customer service was outstanding. And a Special Thank you Patra!!!! She made our stay extra wonderful. Always I smile on her face with every guest.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. I am glad you enjoyed your visit with us. I will ensure that Patra knows that she helped put a smile on you face each day.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed in a king suite. The sofa, table and desk in the living area were attractive and in excellent condition. On room comfort and appearances alone this is one of the nicest HIE hotels I have stayed at. The lounge area near the reception desk is also very nice. There is a warm saltwater pool for the kiddos and a well tended breakfast bar. The cleaning staff is prompt and very thorough. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Catherine P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank yo for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. I am glad you like our rooms. I will ensure all the staff knows how their attention to detail makes things great for our guest. I look forward to your next visit to Williamsburg.