“Nice & Convenient” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 75 Hotels in Williamsburg
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
“Nice & Convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

The hotel was clean and well appointed. We stayed on our way to OBX, so it was brief. We did find many food choices locates nearby, and this is also adjacent to Great Wolf Lodge.the only downer was the lack of energy and help provided by the front desk attendant upon arrival. We are Priority Club members, but didn't receive our normal welcome water/goodies. She also gave us very bad directions to a local restaurant, adding about 20 extra minutes to our drive.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Catherine P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for letting me know about your stay during your brief stop as you traveled onto OBX. I apologize that the front desk was not attentive to your needs. I will ensure I review this with all the staff. I strive to have great customer service and will continue to train the staff so that we can reach this goal consistently. I hope you will stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites East the next time you find yourself traveling through Williamsburg, VA.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Accrington, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed for 2 nights and were disappointed. The staff were very nice. The room was spotlessly clean but the wardrobe door would not shut properly and also the shower head was coming away from the wall. The breakfast was very poor and the coffee so weak. The hotel was very convenient for restaurants,Premium outlets and Williamsburg centre.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for letting me know about your stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg. I apologize that you did not enjoy our extended continental breakfast. If you have suggestions on how we could improve I would like to know. I will pass on to the staff that they did a good job in ensuring your room was clean for your arrival and that you felt everyone was friendly. I hope you will give us a try again the next time you are in Williamsburg.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

For almost 200 a night I would hope to have a clean working bathroom, a room that doesn't stink and to sleep with out thinking the fridge is going to blow up at any second. Best part of stay was the breakfast, so I guess we paid all that money for the breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Catherine P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Good Afternoon. I wanted to apologize for the challenges you had during your stay. The service you received is unusual. I am making all my staff aware of your concerns so that they will become more proactive on reporting maintenance issues during their daily servicing of the guest room. I am glad you enjoyed your breakfast with us. I hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future so that you may enjoy the hospitality our hotel truly has to offer.
Homestead, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for just a night to enjoy the Williamsburg colonial attractions and it was just a short 2m drive to the Visitor Center.

Hotel room was very spacious. Kids thought the pull out couch was very comfortable. Beds were also & the pillows were great.

No free breakfast. So for a family of 5 it seemed more cost effective to go across the street to Dennys or our pick IHOP (kids under 12 eat free w/paying adult at hotel).

We enjoyed our stay & would have stayed an additional night if the rate would have stayed the same. We were unaware of the difference at the time of the online booking. So beware when purchasing.

Stayed July 2014
I am glad you enjoyed your vacation in Williamsburg at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. I am pleased that we offered the perfect location for your family to enjoy all Williamsburg has to see and do. Please come visit us the next time you are in Williamsburg Va.
Harrisonburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

You can't beat the location in the heart of Williamsburg on Richmond Rd. Staff was super nice and room was very clean! Housekeeping is very friendly, I wish other hotels would train housekeeping to be more personable like this property. Breakfast was hot and even my 2 and half year old son could make a pancake, it is that easy! Thanks for a great trip.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Catherine P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
I am glad you had an awesome visit at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. We value all of our guest and we are pleased that we were able to make your stay a great one! The pancake machine is fun, especially for the little ones. They love it when they can make their own breakfast. I hope to see you again in the future at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Williamsburg.
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed one night on a Monday while visiting W&M. The desk attendant was the low point of an otherwise very satisfactory stay. It was not a busy day and I was the only person in the lobby checking in- no phones ringing, no other apparent distractions...but she didn't say hello or even crack a smile to greet me. She checked me in and I went to my room on the 2nd floor and found that it was right next to the elevator, which is almost always too noisy for me to sleep. I went back down and politely asked to be moved. She was visibly annoyed. She didn't say a word...She just glared at me and silently took my keys and assigned me a new room. I said thank you, she mustered a your welcome...so while not a complete disaster it made me feel pretty unwelcome. If it were a busier night I would understand that someone had to get the 'dud' room...but the parking lot was more than half empty overnight so there were certainly other options. Otherwise, everything looked up to date and well maintained, on par with other HIE'S. We were in a rush the next morning, so I can't comment on breakfast. Location is safe, with many stores and restaurants within walking distance or a short drive. Historic area is a short drive, as is W&M.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very for taking the time to let me know about your visit during your stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. I would like to apologize for the manner in which you were treated by the Front Desk Agent on Duty. I am glad the remainder of your visit was good. I would like to address this with the staff, if you be willing to contact me at cpatton@ltdhospitality.com or 757-941-1057. We appreciate your business and look forward to your visiting in the future. Enjoy the college trips and hope to see you in Williamsburg soon.
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Went up for 4th of July weekend with some friends and it was excellent! I chose to stay in a suite since it was the same price as a standard room. It was HUGE!! Was thoroughly surprised with the layout and as with all Holiday Inn Expresses even in Singapore, the breakfast was nice...a little crowded where they served it but was nice. Definitely recommend staying there!

Stayed July 2014
Catherine P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
I am happy that you enjoyed your stay in the Suite and the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. Breakfast always gets your day started, I am glad you enjoyed your start to the day. I hope you will stay with us during your next visit the Williamsburg.