“Functional Hotel in a nice location”

Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg
Ranked #32 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
“Functional Hotel in a nice location”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed one night in this hotel and it was very functional. Nice and clean and the staff was very friendly when we arrived. We stayed in a two queen room and it worked out fine for us. Everything in the room worked. Only problem was the breakfast area was too small and crowded. Took a while to get a table. Location is really nice as you are 5 minutes away from Williamsburg

Room Tip: Try to stay on the 3rd floor at the end.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Catherine P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg, responded to this review, 24 September 2014
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. I am glad you enjoyed your overall stay with us. I apologize that the breakfast area was crowded. I hope that does not deter you from staying with us again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel based on a recommendation from a friend. Hotel staff was extremely friendly and property was clean. We called to receive instructions on how adjust the room temp - instead of walking us step-by-step, the guest service agent came to the room and showed us! There was one incident of bad customer service, however, I think that was an isolated incident which was resolved to my satisfaction upon check-out. The suites are small compared to the Hilton Garden Inn that's just a few blocks away. However, the free breakfast has a good selection for free!

Room Tip: The suites are smaller than the suites at the Hilton Garden Inn, but otherwise, ok!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for the poor customer service that you received one time during your visit and I am glad to see that the desk listened to your concerns and was able to make it right. I look forward to your next visit to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. Williamsburg.
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The hotel was clean and well appointed. We stayed on our way to OBX, so it was brief. We did find many food choices locates nearby, and this is also adjacent to Great Wolf Lodge.the only downer was the lack of energy and help provided by the front desk attendant upon arrival. We are Priority Club members, but didn't receive our normal welcome water/goodies. She also gave us very bad directions to a local restaurant, adding about 20 extra minutes to our drive.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Catherine P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for letting me know about your stay during your brief stop as you traveled onto OBX. I apologize that the front desk was not attentive to your needs. I will ensure I review this with all the staff. I strive to have great customer service and will continue to train the staff so that we can reach this goal consistently. I hope you will stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites East the next time you find yourself traveling through Williamsburg, VA.
Accrington, England
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed for 2 nights and were disappointed. The staff were very nice. The room was spotlessly clean but the wardrobe door would not shut properly and also the shower head was coming away from the wall. The breakfast was very poor and the coffee so weak. The hotel was very convenient for restaurants,Premium outlets and Williamsburg centre.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for letting me know about your stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg. I apologize that you did not enjoy our extended continental breakfast. If you have suggestions on how we could improve I would like to know. I will pass on to the staff that they did a good job in ensuring your room was clean for your arrival and that you felt everyone was friendly. I hope you will give us a try again the next time you are in Williamsburg.
Reviewed 20 July 2014

For almost 200 a night I would hope to have a clean working bathroom, a room that doesn't stink and to sleep with out thinking the fridge is going to blow up at any second. Best part of stay was the breakfast, so I guess we paid all that money for the breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014
Catherine P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Good Afternoon. I wanted to apologize for the challenges you had during your stay. The service you received is unusual. I am making all my staff aware of your concerns so that they will become more proactive on reporting maintenance issues during their daily servicing of the guest room. I am glad you enjoyed your breakfast with us. I hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future so that you may enjoy the hospitality our hotel truly has to offer.
Homestead, Florida
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for just a night to enjoy the Williamsburg colonial attractions and it was just a short 2m drive to the Visitor Center.

Hotel room was very spacious. Kids thought the pull out couch was very comfortable. Beds were also & the pillows were great.

No free breakfast. So for a family of 5 it seemed more cost effective to go across the street to Dennys or our pick IHOP (kids under 12 eat free w/paying adult at hotel).

We enjoyed our stay & would have stayed an additional night if the rate would have stayed the same. We were unaware of the difference at the time of the online booking. So beware when purchasing.

Stayed July 2014
I am glad you enjoyed your vacation in Williamsburg at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. I am pleased that we offered the perfect location for your family to enjoy all Williamsburg has to see and do. Please come visit us the next time you are in Williamsburg Va.
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

You can't beat the location in the heart of Williamsburg on Richmond Rd. Staff was super nice and room was very clean! Housekeeping is very friendly, I wish other hotels would train housekeeping to be more personable like this property. Breakfast was hot and even my 2 and half year old son could make a pancake, it is that easy! Thanks for a great trip.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Catherine P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
I am glad you had an awesome visit at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. We value all of our guest and we are pleased that we were able to make your stay a great one! The pancake machine is fun, especially for the little ones. They love it when they can make their own breakfast. I hope to see you again in the future at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Williamsburg.