“Happy Getway”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg
Ranked #38 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Had the opportunity to stay at this hotel and we were very pleased. The hotel is very clean and the staff are very friendly. Our room was immaculate. It had a sitting area where the desk was located. Where the bed was located there was also another chair with an ottoman. The breakfast that the hotel provides was VERY good. The hostess in the dining room was a very pleasant lady. She kept replenishing the breakfast items and the serving counter was kept spotless. This facility has a very nice inside pool and a small exercise room.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Catherine P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2014

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. I will ensure that staff receives a copy of your comments. I look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We've been in Williamsburg for 2 days. So location was very important for us in order to squeeze our visit up to the most.
And we had this with this hotel!
Friendly staff, eager to help and give valuable recommendations.
Rooms were big and comfortable. Super clean and the air conditioning great as the weather was really hot.
Although the hotel was full, breakfast (included!) has lots of options and constantly refilled.
Without doubt I will recommend this hotel!

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Paulina E

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. We do have a great location here, and I am glad you agree. Shopping, dining and entertainment all within a short walk or a short drive. I hope we will be your hotel of choice during your next visit to Williamsburg.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

My family and I chose to stay at this hotel due to its proximity to Burch Gardens. The location itself is wonderful. Unfortunately, the first night we had visitors- ants who came to stay. I contacted the front desk and they stated they would have a new room for us in the morning. In the morning I went to the front desk to inquire about the move and had to stand in line for about 20 minutes because there was only ONE person working the FRONT DESK of a hotel on a Saturday. That was ridiculous. I actually felt bad for the young lady at the desk who had to deal with the frustrations and attitudes of the customers who were fed up with the wait. She was extremely polite and apologized for her employers obvious scheduling mistake. Our room was changed and things went well from there except that the new room had a slow drain in the tub. As the water pooled my ankles in the shower I decided I didn't even want to contact them, I was I was done and ready to go. Overall it was a basic experience- the breakfast was good and busy in the mornings, the pool was nice and clean- my family enjoyed it. I just expected more from Holiday Inn as a company - in a tourist town-on a weekend- in the busy summer season- for the price I paid.

1  Thank gracious01
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear gracious01,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear our location suited your needs and you enjoyed the pool and breakfast. However, we regret letting you down on some aspects of your stay. We have taken note of your comments regarding the shower and we apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. We appreciate you bringing your concern to our attention and rest assured, your input will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvement needed.

Again, thank you for the feedback and our apologies for the shortcomings.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed one night in this hotel and it was very functional. Nice and clean and the staff was very friendly when we arrived. We stayed in a two queen room and it worked out fine for us. Everything in the room worked. Only problem was the breakfast area was too small and crowded. Took a while to get a table. Location is really nice as you are 5 minutes away from Williamsburg

Room Tip: Try to stay on the 3rd floor at the end.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. I am glad you enjoyed your overall stay with us. I apologize that the breakfast area was crowded. I hope that does not deter you from staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel based on a recommendation from a friend. Hotel staff was extremely friendly and property was clean. We called to receive instructions on how adjust the room temp - instead of walking us step-by-step, the guest service agent came to the room and showed us! There was one incident of bad customer service, however, I think that was an isolated incident which was resolved to my satisfaction upon check-out. The suites are small compared to the Hilton Garden Inn that's just a few blocks away. However, the free breakfast has a good selection for free!

Room Tip: The suites are smaller than the suites at the Hilton Garden Inn, but otherwise, ok!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for the poor customer service that you received one time during your visit and I am glad to see that the desk listened to your concerns and was able to make it right. I look forward to your next visit to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. Williamsburg.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The hotel was clean and well appointed. We stayed on our way to OBX, so it was brief. We did find many food choices locates nearby, and this is also adjacent to Great Wolf Lodge.the only downer was the lack of energy and help provided by the front desk attendant upon arrival. We are Priority Club members, but didn't receive our normal welcome water/goodies. She also gave us very bad directions to a local restaurant, adding about 20 extra minutes to our drive.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Catherine P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for letting me know about your stay during your brief stop as you traveled onto OBX. I apologize that the front desk was not attentive to your needs. I will ensure I review this with all the staff. I strive to have great customer service and will continue to train the staff so that we can reach this goal consistently. I hope you will stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites East the next time you find yourself traveling through Williamsburg, VA.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed for 2 nights and were disappointed. The staff were very nice. The room was spotlessly clean but the wardrobe door would not shut properly and also the shower head was coming away from the wall. The breakfast was very poor and the coffee so weak. The hotel was very convenient for restaurants,Premium outlets and Williamsburg centre.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for letting me know about your stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg. I apologize that you did not enjoy our extended continental breakfast. If you have suggestions on how we could improve I would like to know. I will pass on to the staff that they did a good job in ensuring your room was clean for your arrival and that you felt everyone was friendly. I hope you will give us a try again the next time you are in Williamsburg.