“Great value! Perfect location!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg
Ranked #35 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed 25 August 2014

- Very clean!
- Friendly staff!
- Plenty of on-site parking!
- Located near MANY restaurants!
- Very close to Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, Bush Gardens and Water Country USA, Premium Outlets mall. 5-10 min to any of these.

Room Tip: We had one of the suites with two queen beds and pull out sofa. It was great for family of four. it...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Catherine P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2014

Thank you for visiting us at the Holiday Express & Suites. We pride ourselves on delivering great customer service. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to you next visit to Williamsburg.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg

Reviewed 24 August 2014

This hotel is conveniently located to Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Gardens and the Busch brewery. There are plenty of restaurants nearby as well and the outlet mall is only about 3 miles away. The bed was very comfortable and we slept soundly. The lobby had free cookies in the evening but supply is limited. They were already gone when we checked in. It would be nice if they also offered coffee in the lobby at night as we have seen at some holiday inns but we did not see it. They have a typical holiday inn breakfast. If we are in a hurry, we eat there, otherwise we go elsewhere. The main issue we had was with the bathroom. The bathtub did not drain and by the end of the shower, you are standing in 6 inches of water. The sink and toilet were slow as well. The lady at check in said the internet password was on the key packet but all that was written there was unreadable word. We had to check at the front desk for the password. It was definitely not what was written on the key packet. Internet was fast and the signal was strong. Also the lobby floor was sticky to the feet when we arrived. It wasn't like something was spilled in one spot, the whole area was sticky.

Room Tip: Select the side facing the empty lot and not the side facing the shopping center.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for letting me know about your experience at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. I apologize that the front desk did not point you in the direction of the coffee area. We do offer coffee, tea and hot chocolate 24 hours a day! We have also put a plan in place to ensure the tub and sink drains are cleaned out more frequently. I see you enjoyed the beds, all mattresses were replaced this year. I look forward to you next visit to Williamsburg and hope we will be your hotel of choice.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I booked this hotel by accident, thinking I was booking the Holiday Inn and Suites (not Express) that's a few blocks away and, I understand, newer and better (#2 on TA as of this writing). Bottom line is that the next time I stay in Williamsburg, I would try somewhere else. It wasn't horrible, but definitely not a place I'd want to stay again.

Location: nothing is really "close" to Busch Gardens but there are ton of hotels, restaurants, and shops on Richmond road. So there is plenty to do around at the end of the day. Its about 15 minutes to Busch Gardens or Water Country USA. Didn't go to Colonial Williamsburg on this trip so I don't know how far that is.

Lobby: nice big lobby gave me hopes this would be better than it was, but actually when you look close, you see the furniture isn't in great shape and the place isn't all that clean. I'd imagine they get tons of families (like mine) with kids that aren't terribly easy on the hotel (like mine) and we were probably there at the peak of vacation season (early August), but I still have seen better. Other common areas just looked like a place that's getting used heavily.

Room: 2 things hit us as soon as we walking into our "suite" (really just a bigger room with a couch). 1) musty odor that several other reviewers have complained about and 2) it was pretty warm. The thermostat said 78. I sent the temp to 72 and by 75 we were all freezing so I turned it up to 76. In the middle of the night, it was hot again so I went to 75 and it seemed OK. In the morning I told the front desk about the problems and they were very nice about it and offered to change our room and give us some money off the 2nd night. While that eased the pain, I just wanted a decent sleep. They checked the AC and said they didn't find anything wrong, but I'm normally warm when its 75, not cool. So thanks for trying, but I wasn't happy. The maintenance guy really was nice about the whole situation.

Bathroom was fine with good water pressure. Nothing really remarkable. Beds were average. Not especially comfortable, but not UNcomfortable.

Breakfast was normal HI Express fare, which means packaged oatmeal, super sweet cinnamon rolls (and I normally like cinnamon rolls), some cereal and not much in the way of healthy foods. We ate at a restaurant the 2nd morning.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2014

Dear HiHoHiHoRDU,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we were not able to exceed your expectations with the condition of our hotel. We are constantly working on improving the quality of service we provide and your feedback will guide us to make these improvements possible.

Thank you for staying with us and we all hope that you will give us another opportunity to pamper you and provide you with exceptional service.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Had the opportunity to stay at this hotel and we were very pleased. The hotel is very clean and the staff are very friendly. Our room was immaculate. It had a sitting area where the desk was located. Where the bed was located there was also another chair with an ottoman. The breakfast that the hotel provides was VERY good. The hostess in the dining room was a very pleasant lady. She kept replenishing the breakfast items and the serving counter was kept spotless. This facility has a very nice inside pool and a small exercise room.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. I will ensure that staff receives a copy of your comments. I look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We've been in Williamsburg for 2 days. So location was very important for us in order to squeeze our visit up to the most.
And we had this with this hotel!
Friendly staff, eager to help and give valuable recommendations.
Rooms were big and comfortable. Super clean and the air conditioning great as the weather was really hot.
Although the hotel was full, breakfast (included!) has lots of options and constantly refilled.
Without doubt I will recommend this hotel!

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Paulina E

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. We do have a great location here, and I am glad you agree. Shopping, dining and entertainment all within a short walk or a short drive. I hope we will be your hotel of choice during your next visit to Williamsburg.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

My family and I chose to stay at this hotel due to its proximity to Burch Gardens. The location itself is wonderful. Unfortunately, the first night we had visitors- ants who came to stay. I contacted the front desk and they stated they would have a new room for us in the morning. In the morning I went to the front desk to inquire about the move and had to stand in line for about 20 minutes because there was only ONE person working the FRONT DESK of a hotel on a Saturday. That was ridiculous. I actually felt bad for the young lady at the desk who had to deal with the frustrations and attitudes of the customers who were fed up with the wait. She was extremely polite and apologized for her employers obvious scheduling mistake. Our room was changed and things went well from there except that the new room had a slow drain in the tub. As the water pooled my ankles in the shower I decided I didn't even want to contact them, I was I was done and ready to go. Overall it was a basic experience- the breakfast was good and busy in the mornings, the pool was nice and clean- my family enjoyed it. I just expected more from Holiday Inn as a company - in a tourist town-on a weekend- in the busy summer season- for the price I paid.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gracious01
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear gracious01,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear our location suited your needs and you enjoyed the pool and breakfast. However, we regret letting you down on some aspects of your stay. We have taken note of your comments regarding the shower and we apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. We appreciate you bringing your concern to our attention and rest assured, your input will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvement needed.

Again, thank you for the feedback and our apologies for the shortcomings.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed one night in this hotel and it was very functional. Nice and clean and the staff was very friendly when we arrived. We stayed in a two queen room and it worked out fine for us. Everything in the room worked. Only problem was the breakfast area was too small and crowded. Took a while to get a table. Location is really nice as you are 5 minutes away from Williamsburg

Room Tip: Try to stay on the 3rd floor at the end.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. I am glad you enjoyed your overall stay with us. I apologize that the breakfast area was crowded. I hope that does not deter you from staying with us again in the future.