“Looking forward to 2nd visit”

King's Creek Plantation Resort
Ranked #19 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed 4 December 2013

This is a great place to visit with family. So, looking forward to our second visit.
We found Kings Creek Resort to be one of the most friendly and nicest resort we've visited.
Great location near shops, restaurants, and theme parks.
We hope our in-laws will enjoy coming with us this visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
KingsCreekPlantation, Owner at King's Creek Plantation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

It is great to hear that families are enjoying themselves with us. We work very hard to maintain our high standards of customer service and it is always good to know when we “hit our mark”! Happy travels… until next time!

There are newer reviews for King's Creek Plantation Resort

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I absolutely loved this resort. It was a very relaxing and beautiful place. The service was outstanding. This is a great place to visit with the family. I stayed in the Townes and the rooms are very spacious. I cant wait to visit again.

• Stayed: November 2013

King’s Creek Plantation is pleased to hear that you enjoyed the beauty of our Resort and was able to relax. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Please come back to see us… real soon!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Let me start by saying Kings Creek Resort is one the BEST RESORT! I ever stayed in. Trust me my wife and I stayed in a many in our time. I am not just saying this because I am a member, years before we became members we visited other resorts from the east coast to the west coast and found Kings Creek Resort to be one of the most friendly and nicest resort we've visited. We were there Nov. 28, 2013 to Dec. 1, 2013. My Mother planned the entire event. We stayed in The Townes and WOW! we had the whole unit A & B up and down. We only had one minor problem which was resolved. Everybody and had great time and everything was near by etc. shops, resturants, and them parks. We had plenty of room for everyone. My children and grand-kids, my brothers and sister and their family. My family did not want to leave so I promise them we will return on the 21st of December in about 3 weeks from now. The bed rooms, the living room, and kitchen, all was satisfying, like a home away from home. If you ever have that opportunity go I am sure you will agree.
Thanks Kings Creek Plantation Resort for making our time there memberable!!

Room Tip: If you have a choice; pick a room over looking the pool great view!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

We highly value your Ownership and we sincerely appreciate the wonderful comments you made. Shared experiences encourage us all to continue to work hard to satisfy our Owners and Guests. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I had a similar very distasteful experience as several other reviewers...and I'm ashamed I fell for it! In my case, I was called and invited to visit. The salesperson told me their "rules" including that married people must visit with spouse. When I said I was separated, she immediately said "that's ok, since you are female, we can put you down as single then and you can still qualify." Once I agreed to a visit she turned me over to another woman who warned me she would be recording my responses and started reviewing the offer with me. When she got to "and you are single?" I paused for an obviously long time wondering what was up...then said "I guess for these purposes I am?..." Rather than her questioning this odd response, or further clarifying anything she moved right on. I mention the whole conversation as it clearly illustrates the duplicity of Kings Creek Plantation's business practices... One representative reels in a prospect dishonestly -- but that is NOT recorded...then the other rushes through the questions and moves quickly to getting a credit card number. WARNING: I WOULD NEVER SIGN A CONTRACT with these people! Of course, the end of the story was that once I drove 8 hours to get there, they refused to give me the spiel when I indicated I was separated (not single) on the check-in paperwork. This naturally gave them a reason to charge me $300 penalty!!! Yes, it is all there in the small print...and when I protested, I was just handed a slip of paper with the 877-557-3529 number previously mentioned to pursue the matter. Upon calling they conveniently had that recording of only HALF the conversation to prove I hadn't said I was separated! What a set up! I was a fool...and I'm ashamed it was so easy for them.

As for the place itself...it is quite mediocre. I am used to much nicer places. These are TINY. The living/dining/kitchen is only 10x14! They are VERY inexpensively built with no soundproofing. The TV in the living room area is a 15" mounted to the wall ABOVE the refrigerator...very hard to watch. There is a sofa, coffee table and a small dining table shoved up against the wall. The plastic box shower has a horrible weak shower head and a curtain that is 6" too short so water is on the floor. There is no lockbox, no luggage racks (or even chairs in the bedroom to put your suitcases on), no housekeeping (they even ask you to clean before leaving!), no curtains or pillows or other decorative touches. Clearly maintainance is having a hard time keeping up with the cheap construction. The best thing was the bed...it was comfy. All said, it is adequate for two but not at all luxurious and the location is quite far from Colonial Williamsburg.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
14  Thank kdsteel
KingsCreekPlantation, Owner at King's Creek Plantation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

The satisfaction of all of our Guests and Owners is our priority. We make every effort to clarify the requirements of a discounted travel package at the time of sale. We apologize if a package you bought was sold to you under terms and conditions that were unclear to you prior to your visit. The terms are in writing in your confirmation letter and reviewed again in the pre-visit confirmation phone call. If a Guest comes to preview the Resort and does not meet the requirements, a $300 fee is assessed, which is also indicated in the confirmation letter sent prior to the visit. We understand that you have already been contacted and that your issues were resolved to your satisfaction.

Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

I'm an owner at KCP for three years. I've read the below reviews and agree with just about all of them. It's nice that management is reading them and writing a reply but instead of reading them and giving excuses or some number to call you should address them. While you say you have security , you don't or they just need to be replaced . I have never been stopped at the front gate to verify that I belong there, why is that if you're so secure? Having security is more than having a booth at the entrance. Yes the location is great but the rooms need to be kept up to date. I'm with the other people, we don't like lights shinning in our rooms all night long.
Another thing is the sales staff, you either have never been to a sales pitch or encourage what they do but your sales staff flat out misrepresents your product and when you mention that to somebody they tell you that person no longer works there. I'll be back but you as a owner cannot be so oblivious to think that all of these complaints are just random instances. Drive through the front gate and tell me how many times you got stopped before you reply to me.
Thanks.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bigboss134

The Executive Management and Staff at King's Creek sincerely desire that our Owners and Guests enjoy the time they spend with us. That includes our Owners feeling both secure and confident that their comments matter. Our Resort is not a gated community. The Security booth at our entrance only serves as a check point after 11:00 pm in the evening. Security personnel is on property at all times, making rounds and serving the Resort overall. In all areas requiring improvement, we take serious note and we endeavor to take positive action. Extensive upgrades and new construction is currently underway. In addition, our sales staff is constantly under review so that they continue to meet the standards and integrity our company requires. We appreciate your insightful feedback and value you as an Owner.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Just finished my second week at the Plantation this fall. The two bedroom units in The Townes are very nice, spacious and clean. Great location close to Williamsburg. The staff is exceedingly friendly and responsive. We needed more coffee cups and they were delivered within ten minutes. Needed a lighter for the grill and it was delivered within ten minuted also. We rented these two weeks and are considering buying two weeks.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Derrick G
KingsCreekPlantation, Owner at King's Creek Plantation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff accommodated your needs. We would be happy to offer any assistance in providing information on the benefits and privileges of Ownership at King’s Creek Plantation. Just give us a call if you have any questions at all. We hope to see you real soon!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit in the older part of the area. The condo was quite large with a full kitchen and fireplace. Bedrooms upstairs were spacious and quiet. Staff was very friendly. Maintenance was responsive when called for small problems-ice maker and improving upstairs and downstairs vents. Good location for visiting area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank gathp
KingsCreekPlantation, Owner at King's Creek Plantation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Thank you for so much for taking the time to give us such wonderful feedback from your recent visit to King’s Creek. We promise not to take it for granted since we are always striving to be even better. Great service starts with great Guests and we are only satisfied when you are. We happily await your next visit!