“A great place to stay”

Ranked #16 of 74 Hotels in Williamsburg
Illinois
“A great place to stay”
Reviewed 7 August 2006

We just returned from a week's stay at King's Creek Plantation in Williamsburg, VA and loved it. We are two adults with two teenage children. The cottage was lovely and spacious. We will have a hard time staying in a hotel room from now on! We had a two bedroom with kitchen and family room. Each bedroom had its own bathroom, and there was a small bathroom downstairs off of the kitchen. I made good use of the small washer/dryer! The kitchen was stocked with all pots, pans ,dishes, utensils and towels, coffemaker and filters and coffee. We had 6 bath towels for the week, so bring more if you need to. Beds were comfortable. We did not hear any noise from other units. The grounds were beautiful, and the outdoor pool was very nice. We booked through Expedia and were not asked to take any kind of informational sales tour. We had no problems so did not have much contact with personnel other than checking in and out, which went smoothly. The resort is about 10 min from Colonial Williamsburg, Yorktown and Jamestown. We really enjoyed our vacation at this resort, and would stay there again.

• Liked — It had a bathroom for each bedroom, and was beautiful and spacious.
  • Disliked — It was only a minor shortcoming, but I could not get cold water from the tap.
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
7 Thank lmswale

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 July 2006

I had the pleasure of staying for five days at kings creek with my family of ten. we stayed in a cottageand the accomodations were great for us all. I love the decoy and it really gave you a warm feeling. this is truly a five star property and the grounds are beautiful. I did go on the tour with my daughter and son in law and we brought a cottage, great location , great for kids everything is right there for you. Our salesperson was not pushy and he was very patience with us and I am one to read reviews before I TRAVEL AND SOME OF THE REVIEWS I READ WERE ALL LIES, THE PLACE SELLS IT SELF. my one complaint is that with a large family we ran out of toliet tissue and i had to purchase more at the aquatic center, that was not bad but for a five star property I was surprised to see that, over all I am looking forward to next year, my grands did not want to leave . try kings creek you will love it.

• Stayed July 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 5 July 2006

We got a call about getting 5 trips (including a cruise) for a family of 4 for 398$. As long as a took a tour of their property, i would also get 2 tickets to Busch Gardens. Well, they wanted me to make a decision right away, i put them on hold and spoke to my husband and we decided that was a good deal and we would go through with the tour.

Kings Creek put is in DAYS INN hotel (BUSCH GARDENS) they say its a 3 star but i would give it a 2 star. ANyhow before and during the tour they treated us so nicely and so forth but as soon as we said we werent interested in time share 2 other people came to our table bring the price down and we kept saying we were not interested..then they started to treat us badly. THen our sales person started to push us again and started saying well this is my way of living and so forth. Anyhow after we said no for the billionth time she led us to another room, where this lady gathered the many people that said no and said come outside.. so we move again and she gives us another pushy sales thing and says well we can lock the price for u and u can buy more vacations for 1500$ (Even though our sales person said we CAN"T DECIDED LATER) anyhow, all the other tourists started to go off at this women becuase they said it would be a 90 min tour but it turned into 3 hours plus.

After that the lady led us back into the room and gave our tickets to us in an envelope but we were promised the 5 other trips. So some people left with their tickets but i opened my envelope and said where are my trips that i paid for..and she was like, oh i guess go back tot he front desk and they might help u. When i get there they were like oh you just have the cruise.. i said i was promised a LAs VEgas trip..and then they finally gave me my trip after saying we dont give LAS VEGAS TRIPS (so where did they get the las vegas trip after i kept bugging them) THEY ARE LIARS!!!!

• Stayed July 2006
21 Thank honesttrvlcritic
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 June 2006

We were greeted with smiles and kindness until we choose not to buy a timeshare, then we were treated very differently. Our $150.00 in gas and other things promised we have never received even after I sent them in, and even certified mailed them as told. Called and was told it was not their problem.

Stayed June 2004
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Springfield, Ma
Reviewed 28 May 2006

The property was nice, the rooms (townhouse) were decent. It is a self proclaimed five star resort, I would rate it a 3-4. The aquatic center and gym were a nice touch, although with two young children we barely utilized it with Busch Gardens and Water Country near by. The location is a huge advantage with the Parks, a little inconvenient with other locations ie. dining, shopping, historical sites.

Complaint department-No housekeeping whatsoever, you are responsible for your linen and towels. After 5 nights we had to wash all the bedding ourselves. #2 Maintenance, Our single deadbolt door lock was broken on our first night, and our fire alarm was chirping (dead battery)from the 11 ft high cathedral ceiling! Maintenance was a no show.

What really lowered my outlook on the place was the sales staff. I agreed to take a tour while booking the vacation. I was told it would be a low pressure tour. Wrong, 3 Hours later the Sales Manager was still trying to sell me on the timeshare, while telling me it was now or never type of deal. While speaking with the sales mgr, I told him about the problems I had encountered with the property, and at no time did he state that he would check into it, he was more concerned with having me sign. The salesman himself (Coach) was very nice and likeable, he was genuinely concerned about our encountered problems and did not try to push me into anything. He did his job, explained everything clearly and was very proffessional. The sales manager had the nerve to state to the salesman well get them next time, making me feel like I wasted his time! Then the tour entered a second sales pitch from another person who was trying to pitch a trial for the supposed one time deal for two years. I felt bad for the salesman, Coach, for just trying to do his job, it was his management staff and other salesman peering in through the windows that definitely turned me off.

So stay for the convenience and avoid the low pressure (lol) tour!

• Stayed May 2006
15 Thank RichJ74
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 May 2006

We stayed at Kings Creek Plantation from May 14 until May 21. We were in the B unit which accomodates 2. It was enough room for us as we were sightseeing everyday. The larger A unit walls are not sound proofed but our neighbors were generally quiet.
The king sized bed was an old rock hard Serta Perfect Sleeper. The living room couch needs replacing also. The service was prompt when the AC froze up. The repair service responded within 10 minutes at 8pm on a Sunday. The time share person responded rudely when I informed him we just sold our RCI timeshare so could travel where we want, when we want. There are only gas grills on site. It took some walking to find one that was filled or worked. It was a lovely complex. I never saw the pools or playground.
We were near the tennis courts which are happily unlit at night. Would recommend staying here if you could rent the larger A unit.

7 Thank love2wander12
Camden, Arkansas
Reviewed 3 May 2006

We are a senior couple. We traded our "B" time share for the small "B" side of the cottages. Had a great time. Condo was cute, clean, everything worked. This resort was in a great location as a starting point for all our daily side trips. Staff was great, very nice indoor pool and exercise room was well equipped.
Would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2006