“Loved the place!!!”

Ranked #15 of 74 Hotels in Williamsburg
indiana
“Loved the place!!!”
Reviewed 18 September 2006

We have just returned from a 7 day stay at kings creek plantation and we had a great time. We had a 4 bedroom, two uints and they were great. We traveled with 2 small children and my parents and my brother and sister-in-law and the rooms were spacious. The kitchens were nice and we were able to keep up with all our laundry with the washer and dryer units that were in our units. The place was fairly clean and we were aware of the things that we would need and went to the store that was only 10 mins away. Checking in was easy and checking out was also very simple. I had to call the front desk for a crib and they brought me one right away. We even stopped and asked about a trip to N.C. and she was very kind to print out tons of information for us that was very helpful in planning our trip. My parents also took a tour that was arrange by them and they said that it was wonderful. We spent time in both pools and the place was pretty quite. The location was great and it was not too far from different activities. We diffinatly will be back and plan to go back every year!!! We had a great time.

• Stayed September 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank daisy0805

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (463)
Gaithersburg, MD
Reviewed 15 August 2006

Stayed at Kings Creek Plantation Aug 7 -10 with Spouse and 3 kids. We had a towne unit with 2 bedrooms and 2 baths, plus a pull out couch in the sunroom. The space was great for us and we really appreciated having the washer/dryer in the unit. The location was very convenient to Colonial Willaimsburg and especially Busch Gardens and Water Country USA. We didn't take the tour and had minimal contact with the staff. We didn't use the pools or other amenities either since we were out and about all day. I do have 2 complaints. The beds were very hard and uncomfortable and there was no dishwashing detergent. Overall, I thought it was a good value and we would stay there again.

• Liked — Plenty of room and the washer/dryer
  • Disliked — uncomfortable beds
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
2 Thank sambrose
Deep Run, NC
Reviewed 14 August 2006

King's Creek Plantation was a beautiful facility and we were in a new unit that was spacious and beautifully decorated but we experienced these problems. Our unit was advertised on Hotels as a standalone two story two bedroom townhome but it was in a building with 8 other townhomes and was one story. The check-in time was 4:00 and we arrived at 5:30 and still had to wait til 6:30 to get into our room. The plantation had 3 hot tubs with clearly posted signs and information in the brochures that children under 17 were not allowed in the hot tubs. We went to the first 2 hot tubs and found 3-6 children from 6-12 years of age in them with their parents. The third hot tub we got to thank goodness had no children. When we checked out, my husband complained about the problems we had experienced and they did not seem to care at all. It is a shame to pay $240 per night to stay in such a nice facility and have to experience these problems.

11 Thank dplheath
Illinois
Reviewed 7 August 2006

We just returned from a week's stay at King's Creek Plantation in Williamsburg, VA and loved it. We are two adults with two teenage children. The cottage was lovely and spacious. We will have a hard time staying in a hotel room from now on! We had a two bedroom with kitchen and family room. Each bedroom had its own bathroom, and there was a small bathroom downstairs off of the kitchen. I made good use of the small washer/dryer! The kitchen was stocked with all pots, pans ,dishes, utensils and towels, coffemaker and filters and coffee. We had 6 bath towels for the week, so bring more if you need to. Beds were comfortable. We did not hear any noise from other units. The grounds were beautiful, and the outdoor pool was very nice. We booked through Expedia and were not asked to take any kind of informational sales tour. We had no problems so did not have much contact with personnel other than checking in and out, which went smoothly. The resort is about 10 min from Colonial Williamsburg, Yorktown and Jamestown. We really enjoyed our vacation at this resort, and would stay there again.

• Liked — It had a bathroom for each bedroom, and was beautiful and spacious.
  • Disliked — It was only a minor shortcoming, but I could not get cold water from the tap.
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with family
7 Thank lmswale
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 July 2006

I had the pleasure of staying for five days at kings creek with my family of ten. we stayed in a cottageand the accomodations were great for us all. I love the decoy and it really gave you a warm feeling. this is truly a five star property and the grounds are beautiful. I did go on the tour with my daughter and son in law and we brought a cottage, great location , great for kids everything is right there for you. Our salesperson was not pushy and he was very patience with us and I am one to read reviews before I TRAVEL AND SOME OF THE REVIEWS I READ WERE ALL LIES, THE PLACE SELLS IT SELF. my one complaint is that with a large family we ran out of toliet tissue and i had to purchase more at the aquatic center, that was not bad but for a five star property I was surprised to see that, over all I am looking forward to next year, my grands did not want to leave . try kings creek you will love it.

• Stayed July 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 5 July 2006

We got a call about getting 5 trips (including a cruise) for a family of 4 for 398$. As long as a took a tour of their property, i would also get 2 tickets to Busch Gardens. Well, they wanted me to make a decision right away, i put them on hold and spoke to my husband and we decided that was a good deal and we would go through with the tour.

Kings Creek put is in DAYS INN hotel (BUSCH GARDENS) they say its a 3 star but i would give it a 2 star. ANyhow before and during the tour they treated us so nicely and so forth but as soon as we said we werent interested in time share 2 other people came to our table bring the price down and we kept saying we were not interested..then they started to treat us badly. THen our sales person started to push us again and started saying well this is my way of living and so forth. Anyhow after we said no for the billionth time she led us to another room, where this lady gathered the many people that said no and said come outside.. so we move again and she gives us another pushy sales thing and says well we can lock the price for u and u can buy more vacations for 1500$ (Even though our sales person said we CAN"T DECIDED LATER) anyhow, all the other tourists started to go off at this women becuase they said it would be a 90 min tour but it turned into 3 hours plus.

After that the lady led us back into the room and gave our tickets to us in an envelope but we were promised the 5 other trips. So some people left with their tickets but i opened my envelope and said where are my trips that i paid for..and she was like, oh i guess go back tot he front desk and they might help u. When i get there they were like oh you just have the cruise.. i said i was promised a LAs VEgas trip..and then they finally gave me my trip after saying we dont give LAS VEGAS TRIPS (so where did they get the las vegas trip after i kept bugging them) THEY ARE LIARS!!!!

• Stayed July 2006
21 Thank honesttrvlcritic
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 June 2006

We were greeted with smiles and kindness until we choose not to buy a timeshare, then we were treated very differently. Our $150.00 in gas and other things promised we have never received even after I sent them in, and even certified mailed them as told. Called and was told it was not their problem.

Stayed June 2004