“Good Experience at the Plantation”

Williamsburg Plantation Resort
Mexia
“Good Experience at the Plantation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2006

The facility was great and does not deserve the bad reviews that we saw prior arriving at the site. We had 3 units and all were very clean, well appointed and set up nicely. We have used our time shares for over 12 years all over the world, and the Plantation ranks high in all respects. So, don't believe all you read on these reviews. You will be pleasantly surprised with this facility.

Stayed July 2006
5 Thank kenlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2006

Williamsburg Plantation is a wonderful timeshare. Classy decor and PLENTY of room. We adored the area and the resort and decided to buy! My family vacations a few times a year. We are quite picky and stay at only 5 *. This is definitely 5*. They actually rebuilt the enclosed pool because the "owners" were not quite happy with the brand new one. I read a review where they complained of wet cement. It is a brand new resort with building going on right now. Although construction might be a pain.....you need to build to get the end result. Fabulous resort and ammenities await you. You can't go wrong.

• Liked — Plenty of space/ first rate accomodations
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank luvm3boys
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2006

My family and I stayed at Williamsburg Plantation Jul 2-9, 2006. After reading many of the reviews on this site, I was quite skeptical. However, when we checked in, I was pleasantly surprised and quite relieved. We had units A and B, both on the first floor. We had our own washer and dryer setup, which was very convenient. In the combined units, we had four tv's and two boom boxes; two bedrooms, each with a queen size bed, and two living rooms, each with a queen size pullout sofa. Two kitchens, one with a stove, and the smaller unit had a countertop burner. Both units had full-size refrigerators. We were very fortunate that our units were very clean and we did not have any problems with toilets or anything else. We were very comfortable and had ample parking. It's not a 5-star posh hotel, but it is very nice and comfortable for families.

I was very annoyed when we were duped into taking the so called "survey." We were told the survey would take about 40 minutes. I specifically asked if it was a timeshare presentation, and was adamantly told no. Guess what, it was a timeshare thing that took nearly two hours...big waste of our time!

I thought the staff could have been friendlier and that's all I'll say about that.

The deck off the master unit housed a table and four chairs, while the deck off the smaller unit had only enough room for two chairs. That did not bother us because we were out and about most of the time.

About the Area:

Ford's colony offers great golf. My husband played two other courses before going to Ford's Colony. But Ford's Colony was it for him. he played that couse three times. Ford's Colony is about two miles away at the Marriott Manor (another timeshare in the area).

Bush Garden was great! The kids enjoyed the theme park and we all had a lot of fun. We also toured the outdoor President's Park Museum. This is a museum that features sculptured busts of the presidents. This was educational, but go on a cool day. The kids got bored with this park really quick.

Overall, I enjoyed Williamsburg Plantation and the attractions and shopping the area had to offer. We would certainly consider visiting the area again, AND staying at Williamsburg Plantation.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2006

Williamsburg Plantation-Very Enjoyable
July 8-15
After reading and reading the reviews on this site, I just wanted to change my vacation plans. But as I looked to read between the lines I said, you know Angela you have to be your own judge. Take this chance. I'm glad I did, me and my family had a wonderful stay at the Williansburg Plantation. The Unit that I stayed in (21B) did not have a stove, that I knew from the start, that was the only thing that was lacking in this resort. We all adjusted fine to cooking on the hot plate. The rooms were nice and clean. I'm on vacation I did not care where the larger bathroom was. We used it anyway. It was open(via) the dining room & second bedroom. Tthe doors locked on both ends anyway. Now as for the sheets on the beds, remember(Vacationers) we did not always have fitted sheets. All the beds were made the old fashion way..folded and tucked. I had no problem re-tucking them at times, although some might. We really enjoyed our stay and we will come again.

Just remember....

Please Read Between the lines of these Reviews!

Angela Gordon
Morningside, Maryland

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2006

My husband and I just returned from a wonderful stay at the Williamsburg Plantation (from 7/2/06-7/9/06). We were very concerned about staying there after all the reviews we have read. However, we had none of those problems and were very pleasantly surprised with how nice the resort was.

Our unit was extremely well kept. The furniture was in great condition; the carpets were clean; the sofa and chairs were comfortable. We didn't use the dvd player, but we did use the radio that was provided. We also sat out on the balcony on several occasions and found it very nice.

The kitchen was well stocked and included Palmolive, several small boxes of Tide, dishwasher detergent, dish towels, cutting board, blender, etc. The kitchen did not include a stove, but we had no plans to cook in the unit, so it didn't matter to us.

The beds were very comfortable. There were plenty of towels, pillows, etc., and everything was clean. We commented several times that it would have slept 4 people extremely comfortable, and probably 6 people, even though it would be a little more crowded with 6.

We didn't use the pools, but they both looked very nice. Everything was very clean.

We called the front desk several times looking for information on places to see or directions to certain areas of town, and we were very pleased with how pleasant and helpful everyone was.

My husband and I would definitely stay at Williamsburg Plantation again. In fact, we have already inquired in returning with our two sons and their wives in the next year or two.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Redwood City, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2006

Our family stayed at WP from July 7-14, 2006 in until 220A (downstairs, 2BR.2BA). We exchanged for a 1b/1b in British Columbia, at Fairmont Hot Springs. The overall experience was OK.

Upon entering our unit, which appeared to be brand new, we were struck at the overall good size of it, and at the smell. It reeked of cigarette smoke. We immediately called and asked that something be done. They offered to switch us, but we opted for them to first try an ionizer. That did not work. We should have switched. The smell never dissapated. Luckliy, we were hardly there, so it didn't bother us too much--but we noticed it every time we re-entered the unit.

The unit was fine, otherwise. We were quite surprised, howver, that they do not supply salt and pepper (we have exchanged about 20 times and this is the ONLY place that didn't supply s/p). Also, no dish soap. Diswasher soap yes, but no way to wash dishes by hand. Hence, EVERYTHING went in the dishwasher. They are pennywise and pound foolish!

The pools were fine.

In general, this is a 5-star on the verge of losing it. I think II would be wise to take the 5-star away, and then they (WP) could be proud of being a very decent regular resort.
We'd stay there again if we can't get in anywghere else. If we stay again, we'll insist on a non-smoking unit ahead of time and take our own s/p and Dawn. :-)

5 Thank teacherfamily
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2006

After reading some reviews here, we were nervous about where we were going. But we were pleasantly surprised. It is a beautiful setting, and we were quite comfortable. We had an upstairs unit,. and my only complaint would be is there is no oven up there. But there was a big fridge, plenty of cupboards, microwave, electric skillet, and electric cooktop. We also grilled outside as there were grills and picnic tables in the back. Everything was in good condition. The layout is a bit awkward with the jacuzzi in the main bathroom, but so what? We didn't mind. We were happy to be at such a beautiful place with great amenities that those minor things didn't matter. We had enough towels, etc., and there is a laundry closet in the hall, so you could just throw everything in the washer at night anyway.
We have 2 kids and spent plenty of time at both pools and hot tub, and always had fun. The water was great, and the atmosphere was nice. Sure, once in a while there were some rambunctious kids there, but you could get that anywhere. They had activities at the resort and we went to most of them. We also played tennis and checked out free videos in the lobby. My only complaint there was we did not get a movie we wanted because whoever had it never returned it while we were there - not the fault of the resort, just a rude guest. The TV's had v-chip so we could block out channels not suitable for kids. There are computers available for guests also in the clubhouse.
The staff was very friendly. We got discounted tickets for Colonial Williamsburg also. We drove to Va Beach one day and that was wonderful. We enjoyed Colonial Williamsburg as well as Yorktown and Jamestown, and they are all located within a few miles of the resort. Also nearby is a supermarket and Walmart, as well as other places.
I could go on, but to sum it up - this is one of the best vacations we have ever had, and we love to travel. We will defintely go back here, and recommend it to others.

9 Thank wendanny