“Don't believe the bad reviews-we loved it!”

Williamsburg Plantation Resort
Cheswick,Pa
“Don't believe the bad reviews-we loved it!”
Reviewed 29 July 2006

I can't believe the bad reviews I'm reading. Our family of 10 stayed there the week of Jul.9th, 2006. I own at 6 top resorts and have stayed at many other resorts and this was the nicest of them all. The unit was clean,well stocked including dish soap,dishwasher soap,Tide, dishrag & towel, coffee & filters,cutting board,etc.etc. The outdoor pool was large and clean. The indoor pool was a nice size with the hot tub off to the side. There are 4 tennis courts and free rackets & balls. Also basketball,volleyball. FREE computer access in the club. LOTS of FREE activities for all ages. Only cost activities were $1.00 hotdog,chips & ade at the pool, ice cream social for $2.00 and a trip to DC with a fee.. Everything else was free including a movie time for children, crafts,bingo,board games,videos for your use. I asked for a mixer one day and it was there in 5 min. A breaker blew and maint. was there right away even tho' it was a weekend. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. There is a grill and picnic table out back. The grounds are well kept. You could stay here, have plenty of fun and never leave.Wal-Mart and other stores are 4 min. away.The resort is in the middle of upgrading and so some of the complaints mentioned will probably be resolved by time they are done.Two drawbacks- sharing the washer/dryer with another unit and there should be at least a rangetop in the smaller units instead of a hot plate. The only complaint I have is the tap water was overchlorinated. I bought bottled water.I will definitely go back. Give it a chance.!

• Liked — Free activities
  • Disliked — tap water
  • Tips/Secrets — Check to make saur what is available in your assigned unit
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with family
10 Thank sr06

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 28 July 2006

We were blow away with the accomodations at Williamsburg Plantation. The rooms were decorated beautifully and had plenty of room. Before going, we read the reviews and were slightly hesitant however after arriving, we quickly came to realize that the negative reviews were wrong. The whole issue with the sheets is that they do not provide "fitted" sheets however we didn't experience any problems. We were on the second floor and the steps are very easy to climb even for my 2 year old. We arrived after hours and felt welcome immediately. Eventhough the main check in was closed, we were quickly processed at the main gate with absolutely no hassles. We didn't get a chance to visit the indoor pool however the outdoor pool was GREAT. It is very handicap friendly and again it was great for my 2 year old to be able to walk straight into the pool. It is extremely convenient to area restaurants, shopping and Busch Gardens. Quick note, when you leave the Plantation, take the parking pass out of your car window because we were approached several times by a competing timeshare which was a pain. We strongly recommend everyone to visit!

• Stayed June 2006, travelled with family
11 Thank lima1968
Mexia
Reviewed 28 July 2006

The facility was great and does not deserve the bad reviews that we saw prior arriving at the site. We had 3 units and all were very clean, well appointed and set up nicely. We have used our time shares for over 12 years all over the world, and the Plantation ranks high in all respects. So, don't believe all you read on these reviews. You will be pleasantly surprised with this facility.

Stayed July 2006
5 Thank kenlin
New Jersey
Reviewed 22 July 2006

Williamsburg Plantation is a wonderful timeshare. Classy decor and PLENTY of room. We adored the area and the resort and decided to buy! My family vacations a few times a year. We are quite picky and stay at only 5 *. This is definitely 5*. They actually rebuilt the enclosed pool because the "owners" were not quite happy with the brand new one. I read a review where they complained of wet cement. It is a brand new resort with building going on right now. Although construction might be a pain.....you need to build to get the end result. Fabulous resort and ammenities await you. You can't go wrong.

• Liked — Plenty of space/ first rate accomodations
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with family
5 Thank luvm3boys
Reviewed 19 July 2006

My family and I stayed at Williamsburg Plantation Jul 2-9, 2006. After reading many of the reviews on this site, I was quite skeptical. However, when we checked in, I was pleasantly surprised and quite relieved. We had units A and B, both on the first floor. We had our own washer and dryer setup, which was very convenient. In the combined units, we had four tv's and two boom boxes; two bedrooms, each with a queen size bed, and two living rooms, each with a queen size pullout sofa. Two kitchens, one with a stove, and the smaller unit had a countertop burner. Both units had full-size refrigerators. We were very fortunate that our units were very clean and we did not have any problems with toilets or anything else. We were very comfortable and had ample parking. It's not a 5-star posh hotel, but it is very nice and comfortable for families.

I was very annoyed when we were duped into taking the so called "survey." We were told the survey would take about 40 minutes. I specifically asked if it was a timeshare presentation, and was adamantly told no. Guess what, it was a timeshare thing that took nearly two hours...big waste of our time!

I thought the staff could have been friendlier and that's all I'll say about that.

The deck off the master unit housed a table and four chairs, while the deck off the smaller unit had only enough room for two chairs. That did not bother us because we were out and about most of the time.

About the Area:

Ford's colony offers great golf. My husband played two other courses before going to Ford's Colony. But Ford's Colony was it for him. he played that couse three times. Ford's Colony is about two miles away at the Marriott Manor (another timeshare in the area).

Bush Garden was great! The kids enjoyed the theme park and we all had a lot of fun. We also toured the outdoor President's Park Museum. This is a museum that features sculptured busts of the presidents. This was educational, but go on a cool day. The kids got bored with this park really quick.

Overall, I enjoyed Williamsburg Plantation and the attractions and shopping the area had to offer. We would certainly consider visiting the area again, AND staying at Williamsburg Plantation.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 July 2006

Williamsburg Plantation-Very Enjoyable
July 8-15
After reading and reading the reviews on this site, I just wanted to change my vacation plans. But as I looked to read between the lines I said, you know Angela you have to be your own judge. Take this chance. I'm glad I did, me and my family had a wonderful stay at the Williansburg Plantation. The Unit that I stayed in (21B) did not have a stove, that I knew from the start, that was the only thing that was lacking in this resort. We all adjusted fine to cooking on the hot plate. The rooms were nice and clean. I'm on vacation I did not care where the larger bathroom was. We used it anyway. It was open(via) the dining room & second bedroom. Tthe doors locked on both ends anyway. Now as for the sheets on the beds, remember(Vacationers) we did not always have fitted sheets. All the beds were made the old fashion way..folded and tucked. I had no problem re-tucking them at times, although some might. We really enjoyed our stay and we will come again.

Just remember....

Please Read Between the lines of these Reviews!

Angela Gordon
Morningside, Maryland

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 July 2006

My husband and I just returned from a wonderful stay at the Williamsburg Plantation (from 7/2/06-7/9/06). We were very concerned about staying there after all the reviews we have read. However, we had none of those problems and were very pleasantly surprised with how nice the resort was.

Our unit was extremely well kept. The furniture was in great condition; the carpets were clean; the sofa and chairs were comfortable. We didn't use the dvd player, but we did use the radio that was provided. We also sat out on the balcony on several occasions and found it very nice.

The kitchen was well stocked and included Palmolive, several small boxes of Tide, dishwasher detergent, dish towels, cutting board, blender, etc. The kitchen did not include a stove, but we had no plans to cook in the unit, so it didn't matter to us.

The beds were very comfortable. There were plenty of towels, pillows, etc., and everything was clean. We commented several times that it would have slept 4 people extremely comfortable, and probably 6 people, even though it would be a little more crowded with 6.

We didn't use the pools, but they both looked very nice. Everything was very clean.

We called the front desk several times looking for information on places to see or directions to certain areas of town, and we were very pleased with how pleasant and helpful everyone was.

My husband and I would definitely stay at Williamsburg Plantation again. In fact, we have already inquired in returning with our two sons and their wives in the next year or two.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member