“Different experience, not bad, and not great.”
Review of MOOYAH Burgers, Fries & Shakes - CLOSED

MOOYAH Burgers, Fries & Shakes
Price range: US$0 - US$13
Landenberg, Pa
“Different experience, not bad, and not great.”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We were looking for something different and local, and found this place in one of the local papers. It is hard to find. I agree with others that the staff is NOT initially helpfull in helping new customers. There are 'order' forms at the beginning of the line that need to be filled out for each order AND they literally enter the order, as you have filled out the sheet. IF you did not check the 'combo' box, you will not get the combo price. The burgers and fries that we had were nothing special, but not bad either. AFTER our order was delivered to our table, some staff members did come over to our table, asked about the meals, were they OK, etc... AND offered to bring crayons and paper over to the 5 yr old at our table. Given ALL of the other food choices in the area, I do not think that we would come back here, but not for any particular reason. The food was OK, priced was a little high for burgers, but expected in a resort area and nearby a college.

• Visited November 2013

Savannah, Georgia
“Good choice for lunch”
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Went with the family and had a very good experience. The fries were excellent and the burger was very good with lots of choices to customize the toppings. The kids liked their burgers and the atmosphere is relaxed with counter ordering.

Williamsburg, Virginia
“The owner is cheap and pesters the students.”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I was greatly disappointed by the owner and the food was just OK. Five Guys is a much better value. My wife and I decided to try Mooyah because of coupons in a local travel brochure/map. We both had a separate coupon. I went up to order while my wife picked a table. I ordered first and the owner went out of his way to not ring in my combo to avoid giving the combo discount. My wife later went up and the staff rang up her combo properly. I went up to pick up our orders, when called and went out of my way to ask if the manager was the owner (confirmed by the staff). If he treats me this way for a few cents where else is he cutting corners. Second the food was OK and not great and the portions were small. In addition the owner was pestering the 6 students at a close table. You are in your 40's keep away from the students.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Richard M
Florida
“Decent stop”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Similar to a Five Guys, regular burgers with multiple toppings cooked to order. Fries were salty and hot. Close to Colonial Williamsburg and Williams and Marys College, young atmosphere and I'm sure extra busy during the weekdays and school hours.

• Visited October 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Average”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

First if you go here do know when entering the door there is a card to fill out that will tell the cashier what foods you would like to order. Trust me the staff will not tell you. They will though treat you like your an idiot for not knowing. Also be aware of the portions there quite small. Despite these couple of issues I will admit the burger and fry's were well cooked and flavorful. The environment is simple and comfortable. All and all there in nothing exceptional about this restaurant it is at best just average.

Visited October 2013