“Good food, horrible service for takeout”

Kyung Sung Restaurant
Ranked #175 of 387 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: Asian, Korean
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Good food, horrible service for takeout”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The food is tasty, but I do not recommend this establishment for takeout. I stood at the counter for 11 minutes before my order was taken. the sushi bar was closed, and my order was told it would take 30 minutes. I returned about 10 minutes later to watch a waitress bring my food out and place it behind the counter at the 13 minute mark. Not knowing it was mine, I stood there for another 10 minutes until the waitress came back out to hand it to me. know to the food; My kimchi stir fry had tofu and some sort of meat in it, the kimchee side dish in each meal was nothing special. The rib eye barbeque with the Korean sauce was delicious. I'm not well versed in Korean food, but I am familiar enough to know that this place seemed average to just above average. Visited during the evening on a Sunday, the patrons dining in seemed to be enjoying their food and service.

• Visited July 2013

Basel, Switzerland
“Great prices for excellent Korean food!”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We went for dinner and were surprised to find authentic Korean food (we've travelled to Korea and love it's cuisine) in Southern Virginia. We had the Bulgogi and Tteokbokki (wasn't on the menu, but they said it was no problem to prepare it for us) – both dishes were very reasonably priced and the Bulgogi came with a lot of side dishes, which were as great as the main dishes themselves. The waitress was friendly and helpful to other guests, suggesting the most popular dishes to first-time Korean diners; and the atmosphere in the restaurant was very nice as well. We're only here for a week, but we'll probably go there again. The lunch-menu is even a better deal (judging by the menu) – most dishes were around 8$.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Lommelun
San Diego, California
“Amazing and authentic Korean food!”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Quiet little restaurant that serves the BEST Korean food! The flavors would beat Korean restaurants I have been to in Seoul!!!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank ExploringViking96
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Tasty”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We (my friends and I) went shortly after it opened. The food was tasty but they didn't have a liquor license so that those of us who wanted Sake could have it. I went about 3 or 4 times during their first few months after opening and the food was consistently tasty but they still didn't have a liquor license.

Visited April 2012
Toano, Virginia
“Wonderful food and service”
Reviewed 9 September 2012

This was our third visit to this restaurant. My husband and I ordered the Bibimbap and it was awesome!! Only problem we are having with this restaurant is that we are trying not to eat there all the time!!! With a great deal of restaint, we have it down to one visit per week :o)

• Visited September 2012