“Great Korean cuisine; the best SUSHI in Williamsburg!”

Kyung Sung Restaurant
Ranked #197 of 393 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I've taken my family to this place a few times now, and the best things here other than the classic Bul-go-gi are the service and quiet dinner/lunch unlike other overcrowded restaurants in town. The only thing I wished they had was the Cha-Dol-Bae-Gi cooked over a rock pan. The last time we visited we went with a Korean family and had the best time. Surprisingly, their Sushi was much better than the Japanese restaurants in town. I'd definitely go back and recommend this place to all my friends.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We enjoy foods from areas outside the United States and we really enjoy Korean cuisine. I liked the service. The décor is simple, subtle, and flows efficiently. We both ordered the Dolsot Bibimbap, lots of veggies, beef and a lovely fried egg on top. There are also the five spicy vegetable plates included. We both finished our meals, that hungry and that good. They do a lively take out business also.

1  Thank ruthandvern
Reviewed 2 January 2014

During a visit to Williamsburg we took a South Korean exchange student living with us to Kyung Sung Restaurant for a surprise home country meal. My wife had never had Korean food and I had not had for over 15 years, the last time being in Chicago.

Well we could not have been move surprised and pleased. Our visitor had Bibmbap, she loved it and said it was just like it would be at home in Seoul. My wife and I had Chicken Boggem and Chicken Bulgogi, which were fantastic. The Boggem was spicy for those who like such dishes, the Bulgogi was one of the most flavorable dishes we have ever had but not hot and spicy.

The service was fantastic, the food incredible, and the prices very reasonable at $11.95 & $12.95. They also brought several types of kimchi for us to share which were all tasty.

Kyung Sung restaurant is a great find that we will return to every time we visit Williamsburg, a great change from typical Chinese restaurants. They also have some great Japanese offerings like Teryaki and Tempura. Overall a great experience, friendly staff and tasty freshly prepared food. Some of the best restaurant food we have ever had.

3  Thank Islanders2006
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Kyung Sung in Newport news was always a favorite, however since we have now moved to Northern VA.. we have become a bit jaded with the plethora of Korean offerings.. Kyung Sung is good... always reliable.. good prices

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stuck on the back side of Monticello Shopping Center and recently revived with a new Sushi chef trained in Tokyo, this restaurant is a step above the mass production sushi to go establishments in CW. Popular with students and teachers, there is real dedication to doing things right , carefully and with real dedication.. A mix of Japanese and Korean specialties, while off the main stream it is definitely worth a detour. Service is considerate and with real suggestions based upon knowledge, it is without question in my mind the best Japanese restaurant in town. Looking forward to trying some of the Korean dishes on my next visit.

3  Thank Bday