“Food experience not great”
Review of Legends Bistro - CLOSED

Legends Bistro
Price range: US$7 - US$26
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The bistro features 36 craft beers on tap and 10 flat screen tv's. Amazing selection of Appetizers,pubfare,USDA choice steaks,fresh seafood, sandwiches,salads and a new Asian Fusion menu.
Reviewed 21 March 2013

This bar was very quite, the server was very polite and was quick to sort out a problem with our meal but the food was awful, I certainly wouldn't go back and wouldn't recommend anyone trying it either. The only saving grace was the beer that was available was good and this was our reason for trying the place

Reviewed 16 March 2013

When you drive up,it looks like a bar from the outside. When you go inside, it's a bistro with a bar. It wasn't very busy inside when we got there. Our waiter was hospitable and nice, but it took her twenty minutes to get back to us after we ate. The food was mediocre bar grub and it had no flavor. Honestly, this resturant was weeks away from closing.

Reviewed 9 March 2013

If you'd like to take your honey out for a "special" meal, this isn't the place. More a roadhouse than a place for a romantic meal, it's OK - but didn't live up to my expectations (well, maybe my "hopes" is a better word).

Anyway, The Black Angus Grill doesn't exist anymore. It's been completely subsumed by Legends Bar & Bistro, with whom it used to share the building. The name is not used anymore.

The steak we ordered was reasonably priced (the least expensive on the menu), but it was pretty good. It was cooked just as we requested it and came out hot and tasty.

The service was pleasant and responsive; the ambiance, lacking. The place, with not that many patrons when we were there early in the evening, was noisy - with some VERY loud folks doing business in a booth near us - with their computers going and cell phones being used - loudly.

If you're in the mood for trying different beers and not looking for quiet, this might be the place (Legends Bar & Bistro).

Reviewed 9 January 2013

I noticed that one previous reviewer graded negative because it was a "restaurant/bar that is experiencing an identity crisis". However, I think that is the best part about this place. You have an upscale atmosphere regardless of whether you sit on the bistro side of the restaurant or the bar side. It's the best of both worlds in that you can sit in either type of atmosphere that suits your liking, bar or bistro, and enjoy the same food and beverages. You can enjoy a cold craft beer and and choose food ranging from bar food to fine entrees. As you can see in the pictures, they have televisions in the bars and a fire place in the bistro/dining side of the restaurant. The lighting is perfect for the atmosphere and there are plenty of tables throughout the establishment. If you were going to have a large group gathering, it would appear that they would have no trouble accommodating you needs. In addition, the establishment was clean inside and the bathrooms were nice and well kept. The staff members were all very friendly and attentive. While we were there, the owner stepped out of the kitchen and spoke with us a little bit about the establishment and some of the dishes on the menu. Next time you're there, give one of the Asian dishes a shot.

Reviewed 7 January 2013

I have been here severals times before. This time, between eaqrly December and Christmas we came here 3 times, once with a family friend, once with one of my sons and his famioy, and once with another son and a grandson. Each time the food was great, service was good, and the prices were reasonable. I have recommended it to friends. They have about 38 beers on tap, and most are microbrews including some from eastern Virginia. I have never been disappointed in my visits here. One Saturday night, it was very busy and service was a bit slower than I expected, but not bad and certainly worth the wait. If you love beer (I mean real beer) this is the place to go. Try the Prime rib steak & Cheese. Bring your appetite.