“Italian Delicacies Not Available Elsewhere”
Review of Florimonte's Deli & Fine Foods - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Florimonte's Deli & Fine Foods
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Pizza
Reviewed 22 March 2013

This is part restaurant, part carry out, part deli, part gourmet italian foodstuffs, part catering. Excellent sandwiches for lunchtime carry out. Exotic pastas, sauces, olives, etc. A really neat little place.

Reviewed 27 December 2012

I just left Florimonte's Deli after receiving very poor service, and a cold, unheated steak sandwich. After going there with my family for lunch, while a family member received medical treatment in the medical facility behind Williamsburg Crossing, where the restaurant is located, I ended up having to ask for my money back and leaving. First, even though the restaurant was not busy, with two employees behind the counter, the service was abomnibly slow. I ordered a steak sub and a bottle of water (for over $10, which seems a bit high to me). After waiting in the dining area for about a half hour, even with the girl from behind the counter coming in to the table to serve someone else, I finally went to the counter to inquire about the sandwich I had ordered. One employee was taking a break and the other was working in a back room. The girl taking a break looked around for the order, apologized, then said she would bring it to me. A few minutes later when she did, the sandwich had been rushed so much that the roast beef (not steak) was still cold in the.center. (I should point out that the sandwich was not a steak sandwich, but simply a warmed up roast beef sub.) After wasting almost an hour of
my time there, I asked for my money back and left. The other meals seemed ok, although I don't know of if I would classify warmed-over pizza ever as good. I know they have lost one customer me.

FlorimontesDeli, Owner at Florimonte's Deli & Fine Foods, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Hello,I realize that it is a long time since your post. However, I wanted to respond since I with a Partner have purchased the restaurant about two months ago. Although we were not responsible for your bad encounter, we would like to acknowledge the issue and look at what we are doing to insure it does not happen again to you or anyone else. Please stop in and say hello! Thank you for your candid post. Honesty is always what a restaurant owner needs to hear!

Reviewed 8 August 2012

Flo's has a new owner. Food is pretty much the same. Small changes like much smaller bakery selection, but still a pretty good slice of pizza. Consider Tuesday night special.

1  Thank kstVirginia
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Had a couple of slices with pepperoni, sausage and proscuitto. The toppings, cheese and dough were good, but something about their sauce that I did not care for. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't nasty or anything, but I just thought it would have been better based on reviews. I still prefer Sal's over Florimonte's.

Reviewed 6 May 2012

For lunch you can't beat two slices of pizza and a soda for a great price. Their sandwiches are fresh. You can find some great food to take home, like chicken marsala, stuffed chicken, etc. Also, try the Italian cookies and other pastries.

1  Thank doglover30