“Very Good Indian Food”

Nawab Indian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Nawab Indian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 394 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
“Very Good Indian Food”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This place is hidden in a tiny aged shopping center. Don't be fooled by the location. The interior is attractive and spacious. But better yet, the food is some of the best Indian I have had. I had a shrimp and chicken dish. The shrimp were very large and perfectly cooked. The chicken was tender and well seasoned. I received a generous serving of rice and a sauce to accompany it. I had a sampler of bread and each type was what I expected. There was enough food for another meal and I was provided with a box for leftovers and wrapping for bread.

Service was very good. We were greeted, seated and served in a very timely manner. My questions were answered to my satisfaction. This was a very satisfying dining experience.

• Visited March 2014

Gloucester, Virginia
“#1 When I'm Craving Indian”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Such a great, hidden gem. It's so nice to have that Indian food craving, and be able to get GOOD Indian food to satisfy that craving. (and they'll accomodate whatever spiciness level you can handle)

Visited March 2013
Centreville, Maryland
“Wonderful Indian Cuisine”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Met friends here for lunch over the New Year holiday. $8.95 for luncheon buffet a real bargain and the food was superb. Nice assortment ont he buffet. And we visited with our friends after lunch and they did not bother us. Will revisit the next time I am in Williamsburg.

Manchester, Maryland
“Decent lunch buffet”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Went to Nawab for the lunch buffet. I agree with the other reviewers that this is a hidden gem in an older strip mall. Parking was plentiful and the place had a steady stream of regulars (which is a good sign)

The restaurant is clean and decent sized. The buffet is small with limited selections. However, everything that we had was good (close to very good but not great).

Ironically, there were more meat selections than vegetarian on the buffet. The nan bread was very good.

Service was actually great. At least 4 different people checked up on us, plates removed promptly and glasses always kept full of our beverages.

Overall, the buffet is a solid value for the price. I would do it again if I was in a hurry but I may try ordering from the menu next time if the buffet selections are limited again.

New Delhi, Delhi, India
“Good Indian food”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I am a student here in the city, and along with my friends we eat at Nawab's when we miss home food.

The location is central and easily accessible by public transportation. For those who prefer driving, parking should not be a problem.

I would rate the food from Average to Good. Average for some of their vegetarian cuisines and Indian desserts. Their Non-Veg (Meat) selection is considerably good.

The spice in the food is controlled according to American taste preference. You can get full Indian flavor of spices on request - recommended only for strong heart and strong willed person.

I'd recommend to try their $10 all you can eat buffet in lunch time. Nawab is usually expensive without the dinner. I visited Nawab's for dinner along with my friend and after traditional Indian meal (which is a lot!) we paid over $100.

Being an Indian restaurant served by Indian people, I was expected faster service as it is in India. However, Lunch time here is always buffet time which is a crowd puller, so expect some delay in getting that extra knife or water.

Visit during lunch, definitely try Tandoori Chicken, Naan, and Dal (or Curry) or the day.