“Good, not great”

Nawab Indian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Nawab Indian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 394 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Seattle
“Good, not great”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We love Indian food,and compared to many other restaurants, we thought the food here was fine, but not amazing. However, this very likely is the best Indian restaurant in the Williamsburg area. Service is attentive and pleasant, and the space is a very nice upscale one, despite the shopping center locale. We appreciated that when we asked for 5 star heat, that's what we got, too.

Wilton, California
“Great meal, nice cook and servers”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Tonight it was chilly so we were looking for a little heat in our dinner. In the same neighborhood as our other choices this was a very nice looking Indian restaurant. They have a lunch buffet from 11-3 then open for dinner at 5pm. We got there right at 5 and the table settings are quite elegant, white table cloths, ice water immediately. Vern had coffee and I tried their version of chai tea. Vern's dinner selection was the chicken tikka masala, a little spicy for me, but he loved it! I had the lamb saagwala, tender chunks of boneless land in a creamed spinach. The basmati rice had cloves in it and was excellent. We also ordered the garlic naan which was Super! This seems like a family venture, although they evidently have several other area locations. Even though the food is excellent I felt their prices were a bit high.

“Very Good Indian Food”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This place is hidden in a tiny aged shopping center. Don't be fooled by the location. The interior is attractive and spacious. But better yet, the food is some of the best Indian I have had. I had a shrimp and chicken dish. The shrimp were very large and perfectly cooked. The chicken was tender and well seasoned. I received a generous serving of rice and a sauce to accompany it. I had a sampler of bread and each type was what I expected. There was enough food for another meal and I was provided with a box for leftovers and wrapping for bread.

Service was very good. We were greeted, seated and served in a very timely manner. My questions were answered to my satisfaction. This was a very satisfying dining experience.

Gloucester, Virginia
“#1 When I'm Craving Indian”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Such a great, hidden gem. It's so nice to have that Indian food craving, and be able to get GOOD Indian food to satisfy that craving. (and they'll accomodate whatever spiciness level you can handle)

Visited March 2013
Centreville, Maryland
“Wonderful Indian Cuisine”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Met friends here for lunch over the New Year holiday. $8.95 for luncheon buffet a real bargain and the food was superb. Nice assortment ont he buffet. And we visited with our friends after lunch and they did not bother us. Will revisit the next time I am in Williamsburg.

• Visited December 2013