“We had a great time and kids loved it.”

Williamsburg KOA Campground
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We went here in our motorhome for sole purpose of doing a family Vaca with Busch Gardens and Water Park. This was a perfect location for us and was perfectly located to where we wanted to be. Our kids, 10 and 11, had a great time at the bounce pillows, pool, and the movies they showed at night for the kids on the big screen. My wife and I enjoyed the pool ourselves, very much. It is a much larger pool than the multiple KOAs we have stayed at. We found the staff to all be very helpful and friendly. Our favorite by far, was Peter. That man was always smiling, and always working, but we saw dozens of busy employees doing everything from helping guest to picking up trash. We will for sure be going back here. The only thing I did not like was the actual size of our site, but hey, we where camping and could have a fire so it all ended up fine. We stayed in Colonial side. Bath houses where always very clean and had great water pressure too. Nice Place to relax..
Thank you.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
williamsburgkoa, Manager at Williamsburg KOA Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for camping with us and sharing your experience. We're very glad you enjoyed it. Summer at the Williamsburg KOA is a great time that offers plenty of opportunities for family fun. We look forward to seeing you again soon. We're always happy to take requests for specific sites. If you saw one while you were here that you really like, you can request that site when you make reservations.

There are newer reviews for Williamsburg KOA Campground

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

This is a great campground. Close to everything in Williamsburg. Nice and clean. Bath houses are clean too. Get a patio site if you can. Lots of activities for the kids. Very enjoyable time with the family. I look forward to returning in the future.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Eugene W

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We work hard to give all of our campers a great vacation and create new and lasting memories. We're so happy you enjoyed your time with us. Thanks for camping with us and we look forward to seeing you again. Soon, we hope!

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Was not happy from the minute we checked in. We were told one price when. We booked our stay and when we got here it was way more then what we were told. So make sure they sent you the cost before you go so your don't get screwed over. The cabin area as well as the camp site around our side was a mess. We even heard from a nice couple who said they wouldn't come back because they had to clean Their site before they could set up. Bathroom we not the cleanest . Oh also WIFI was a joke were we were as it never worked. And there was a box right by our cabin. Also if you have a hard time with getting up a large step the cabins up on the "quite" side will be hard for anyone to get up I just had foot surgery and I couldn't get up and down it without help. We were told when we ask that there wasn't much of a step . Over all not pleased with this KOA and will never stay here again . We don't live from from here so I will not being telling my friends to come here . And as a scout leader I will also take my troop to a different KOA or a state park altogether. I was really looking for to having a great time with my husband and kids as we don't get to do that much as he travels with the Navy . I guess I will make the best of the next two days we have here . Wishing it was better .

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tina B
williamsburgkoa, Manager at Williamsburg KOA Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

We're sorry we got off to a rough start together. We hope the measures we took to make your stay easier and more comfortable were a help to you. As soon as we saw your online comment that you were unhappy with your cabin we immediately upgraded you to another section. If ever a guest is unsatisfied we take every avenue possible to ensure their vacation is a pleasant one. We're happy you came to us with your issues and that we were able to take action. The owner was pleased to hear from your husband that you were all having a great time.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Pros:
Kids enjoyed the pool, jumping pillow, game room and activities.

Close to attractions. Also close to a Super Walmart.

Robb was very helpful and polite.

Cons:
I first looked online and saw they had open spots... Then I called to make my reservation. The girl that answered told me they were completely booked. When I told her that online shows availability she told me "well it's wrong because I'm looking right at the screen and everything is booked. I've already had so many people call me and I've had to tell them the same thing." So I hung up and booked online - no issues at all!!! There were even open sites here during our stay. So the KOA lost money because she was turning people away.

Our site wasn't level and we were right next to our neighbors sewer. Gross!! As soon as we walk out our door, it's there.

The bathrooms in our section weren't very clean. Ever.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank travelnmom31
williamsburgkoa, Manager at Williamsburg KOA Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Thank you for camping with us and sharing your experience. We're sorry that your visit wasn't entirely to your liking. We apologize for any confusion that occurred between the phone and website. The first week of July was a very hectic time for us as people were making and changing reservation due to Hurricane Arthur. Sites were being booked, opening, and being booked again within minutes of each other. We're happy you were able to get a site and camp with us. We're sorry that the site you were assigned did not live up to your expectations. Assuming there is availability we are always willing to find a site that is more to your liking. Thanks again for camping with us. Come back to see us soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

My husband and I camp at least 10 to 15 times each summer. We have a 14, 9, 3 and 1 year old. We like to camp in many types of campgrounds. KOAs can be hit or miss only because they are so commercial that they pack in the sites and there ends up being very little privacy. This one pleasantly surprised me. We stayed on the Colonial side right across from the pool for 7 days. Below is a list of the pros and cons of our stay:

Pros: Awesome pool and especially liked the kiddie pool and splash pad for my little ones. The campground was especially clean. The summershiners were kind and helpful. My older boys loved going to watch the movies in the outdoor ampitheatre. Loved that there were two different jumping pads. I felt much better about my 3 year old jumping because there were no teenagers. Most of the sites are shaded and the layout of the sites was well though out. Most importantly the campground was very close to all the attractions. So easy to hop on and off 64.

Cons: We rode out hurricane Arthur and after the rain there was a bunch of mud. there needs to be more gravel laid on the roads and in the site pads. The playground was a joke. Its consisted of old rickety metal swings with no nice pathway to it. It is also stuck way back in behind the pool. I didnt even know it was there until the day before we left.

On the whole it was a great stay and much better than some of the KOA's we have visted in the past. Would stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Melissa E

Thank you for sharing your experience. We're happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your visit. We work hard to provide great camping for all of our guests. The amenities and activities make for a fun packed vacation every time. Each year we make improvements to the grounds and/or add something new. Come back to visit us again and look to see what we've done to make our campground even better.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I've stayed at my share of KOAs across numerous states, so I feel confident in saying this one was the worst ever. My main issues? Clotheslines everywhere, and the sites aren't staggered meaning your picnic table is RIGHT next to your neighbor's sewage outlet. Nothing like the smell of sewage everytime you walk out the door. The guy in the front also forgot us and we had to drive around to find our spot. Go for the location and make sure you're gone all day,
!
!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wmcbryde21

We're very sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time with us. Customer satisfaction is very important to us. We are always willing to address the concerns of our campers. If a site is not to anyone's liking we are happy to work to find another campsite that is more suitable to their needs. Thanks for camping with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights. It wasn't a bad stay, but there are things that need improvement. We were on the "Williamsburg" or "Quiet Side" as the website calls it.

The good:

Wifi connectivity was great. This is a big one for me as I run my business online.

The staff was friendly and helpful. I think everyone I dealt with was a Summershiner. Nicole in the store was able to answer all our questions and Austin did a great job of letting us know what activities were available.

The bathroom was clean; didn't use the shower facilities.

"Quiet Side" was definitely quiet.

Areas for improvement/Things to be aware of:

Website & reservation confirmation do not specify which area you are in. We stopped at the first one (Colonial) only to find out we were actually staying in the second (Williamsburg).

All activities are at Colonial (website also omits this information) and it is about a 1/4-1/2 mile hike on a trail to get between the two areas. Not far, but there is a pretty steep grade at the Colonial end of the trail.

Williamsburg side had very few fire pits in place. We did ask for one and received it within 15 minutes.

The Williamsburg side also has a lot of long-term residents. They act like they own the place: driving through the campground at excessive speeds, letting their animals (dogs & cats) run loose. I lost track of how many dogs I saw walking around unleashed. One was actually IN the pool area and the owner couldn't keep it from jumping all over myself or my son.

Overall, we did have a pleasant and restful stay. If you're not going to partake in the campground activities, the Williamsburg side is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennie P

Thank you for camping with us and sharing your experience. The Quiet Side of the campground is a great way to get away and get back to nature. We're sorry some of our other guests were not courteous to you. We do ask that whenever you experience a problem, whatever that might be, that you bring it to the attention of the staff and we will do everything in our power to correct the issue. Thanks again for camping with us. Come back to see us soon.