“Very Convenient to Williamsburg”

Wyndham Governor's Green
Ranked #26 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Excellent location if you want to see Old Town Williamsburg or Jamestown. You could be there in less then 10min. Convenient to lots of restaurants. Very Clean property with 2 large outdoor pools, one family one for adults only, plus an indoor pool. Everyday activities for the kids, to keep them busy, some you have to pay for. Bush Gardens & Waterworld about 30 min.

Room Tip: be prepaired for heavy sales pitch to buy into the timeshare.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Sean G, Resort Manager at Wyndham Governor's Green, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Hi Gary L, thank you for your great feedback on the resort! We are conveniently located to many of the area's attractions. We're happy you had a chance to get out and explore. We are just as happy you were able to spend time on property and enjoy our many pools and activities. We hope you come back to see us again soon!

There are newer reviews for Wyndham Governor's Green

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I just left on Fathers Day the guard at the gate had a very pretty smile and was very helpful she helped me get to the interstate with no problem. She was great I turned around just to get her name so I can write this review her name was Holliman or holland one of them. I really enjoyed my stay the room was spacious and clean. I been here for 3 days on business and I been going in and out and the guards at the gate didnt wave or smile or even acknowledge me thats why it was such a big deal when she was so curtious. I havent seen her in those three days but once sunday morning maybe she is new. Someone give her a raise she deserves it she has excellent customer service skills.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you mbolnmc for your kind words about the customer service. We appreciate you staying with us and hope you come to visit us again. I'm confident on a return trip that you'll find our Guards much friendlier as you come and go from the property.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

This was our first time to this Resort and area. The unit was clean and spacious. Staff members were polite and helpful. We had to call for a small leak and broken door handle and they were taken care of quickly. They have an adult only pool which we took advantage of. Will be staying here again when we go back to this area.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Aimee G
Sean G, Resort Manager at Wyndham Governor's Green, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you Aimee G for your very kind words about the resort! The Adult Pool is indeed a great area to relax. We are so glad you had an opportunity to enjoy it during your vacation. Please come back and see us again!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed at Governors Green for 4 nights in April with our daughter, son-in-law and two small Grand kids. The resort is well kept ans the rooms are spacious, clean and very comfortable. The setting is ideal for visiting Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, Busch Gardens. There are plenty of restaurants to choose from. We took advantage of the indoor pool and jacuzzi, as the outdoor pools were not yet open. We had the pool all to ourselves as it was still a little off season. As a timeshare owner with Wyndham, we are accustomed to the fact that they try to get you to sign up for a free breakfast and an update to review the benefits of timeshare ownership. If you are not interested, you simply need to say NO, and leave it at that. It is not required that you attend a sales meeting. We love the Wyndham resorts as they are always well maintained and the grounds are well kept.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jay H

Hello Jay H, thank you for taking the time to share your family's nice experience at the resort. The outdoor pools are now open as well with the Adult Pool area recently receiving a facelift. It looks great! We hope you come back to visit us soon!

Thanks again!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We vacationed in the Williamsburg in late May with friends & stayed at the Wyndham Governor’s Green. It is an excellent location from which to launch day trips into Williamsburg & surrounding areas. It appears to be relatively new & is a very clean & bright & nicely landscaped although some areas look unfinished. We stayed in a 3 bedroom unit which is very nicely laid out with privacy for all guests. We toured the 2 bdrm unit as well which is also laid out nicely for guest privacy. May was still a little cool for the outdoor pool, but we took full advantage of the indoor pool & we enjoyed the mini-golf on a sunny day. The putting green was right outside our unit & our traveling partners were out there every day we were there. Our 3 bdrm unit was clean & comfortable & the master bedroom was spacious with a comfortable bed, flat screen TV, Jacuzzi tub, separate shower & double sink. The kitchen is reasonably well equipped & we cooked several meals there. The unit is near the strip with all the restaurants & stores, & only a few minutes from the Historic District. I see some folks have had trouble with the invitation to the Sales Hype, but I simply said no emphatically 3 times & that was that. We will definitely go back to this resort.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SnoopyRock
Sean G, Resort Manager at Wyndham Governor's Green, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you SnoopyRock for you kind comments. We are happy that you were able to enjoy your stay at the resort utilizing our indoor pool, putting green, and miniature golf course. Again, thank you for reaching out and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

This is not our first timeshare experience, but it will be our last with Wyndham. I'm starting with the main problem and will review the property below.
As mentioned in other reviews, you will be pressured into signing up for a breakfast before you can receive your parking pass. We tried saying no 6 different ways, but couldn't get our hands on our pass until we agreed to at least be penciled in for a time slot. I told them we wouldn't be able to stay for the meeting, but the guy said that's fine you can eat and leave if you want. So, we planned to do such as my husband had a prepaid fishing charter the next day. When my husband tried to leave the meeting a sales person started yelling Where are you going? and following him out of the door. We had made it clear he couldn't stay, so this was startling. Then, it got worse. I was told they couldn't talk to me without my husband (Is it 1950? Can women not make financial decisions?) and was told to leave. Embarrassed, I got up to leave. I said I had come in a different entrance and didn't know which way to go. The manager pointed across the room and said "the door is right there". Well, thanks to you too. Unbelievable. I can't believe these are the people Wyndham relies on to sell their product. I complained to the manager, but couldn't even get an apology. The experience tainted our view of the entire property and put a damper on everyone's mood.
That being said as far as timeshares go this one is pretty average. Complaints would be that there was a busted dresser in our room with a tv sitting on top. The dresser's leg was missing and it had been propped against the wall to hold it up. When I tried to pull out a drawer, the whole thing started falling forward and I had to catch the tv before it crashed to the floor. Disconcerting to say the least. The pools are nice. The playgrounds are small. The mini golf course is a waste of time (just flat green grass with holes, no obstacles or anything to keep kids interested).
We enjoyed Williamsburg and decided to stay off the resort as much as possible. We will come back to the area, but will not stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Christie180
Sean G, Resort Manager at Wyndham Governor's Green, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Hi Christie180,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We apologize the service provided by our staff did not provide the Count On Me service we expect. We're also alarmed by your report about the dresser. Our pre-arrival inspection should have discovered that. Please reach out to me at your earliest convenience so we can follow-up with the resort staff who you worked with and also assess the unit that you stayed in. I sincerely appreciate your time and assistance. We hope you provide us another opportunity in the future and stay with us again. We're confident if you do that you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Checking in - After checking in we were directed to the guy who tries to get you to sign up for the sales meeting. Although he's billed as the guy who can help you get attraction tickets. We found out later that he got my son and I confused. Registered my son who was a guest with us instead of my husband and I for the meeting. No biggie.
Day 1 we found the light in the laundry area was out. Called maintenance and they fixed it right away.
Day 2 we spent the day in Sales Meeting from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. while they came up with deals to get my son to buy timeshare. All to get discounted tickets. One whole day of vacation lost. We drove 2 days from Louisiana to lose one day of vacation. We got a discounted 3 day pass to Colonial Williamsburg, but we could only use it one day because of the sales meeting lasting so long. That night back in the room we found one of the chairs had a broken cross bar. Maintenance called again. They exchanged the chair.
Then we found the AC was not cooling the rooms. Called maintenance again and they shut off the unit so they could put freon in it. 1 hour later it was working. (This was the second Wyndham that we have had AC problems in the Williamsburg area but Kingsgate compensated us for the inconvience).
We're getting ready to go to bed and the fire alarm goes off. We're on the 2nd floor and the elevator is not an option. As the younger more agile guests make their way down the steps, the handicapped guest are left on their own to deal with the fire alarm. Two people from Wyndham show up, the security guard and the maintenance guy who had been in our room earlier. Neither one of them instructed the handicapped people to make their way down, nor did they assist them. They just went about trying to clear the fire, which they finally did and everyone returned to their respective rooms. The fire engines finally arrived after the fire was cleared.
Day 3 - The dishwasher's bottom tray rear wheel started coming off each time we moved it.

Room Tip: If you have problems with steps, try to get a first/ground floor room in case you have to evacuate t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Debbie B
Sean G, Resort Manager at Wyndham Governor's Green, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are disappointed to hear your interaction with the resort staff did not meet your expectations, as this is not part of the Count On Me service we take pride in. We know that while on vacation it is imperative that our guests are treated well. We are also sorry to hear you experienced some difficulties with a chair, a light, and your AC during your stay. This is certainly not our Wyndham standard. We will have our maintenance team look into these issues to eliminate any future occurrences. We strive to provide top of the line accommodations for all our guests and your feedback will help us to do so. We realize the fire alarm provided an inconvenience to you during your stay. Please rest assured that our properties are fully equipped to ensure the protection of our guests with effective detection and notification systems. Thank you again for notifying us of these issues.