“Hygiene issues”

Ranked #1 of 25 Dessert in Williamsburg
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Aromas is a coffeehouse and fresh cafe serving up breakfast, lunch & dinner entrees. We also serve up fresh baked goods, snacks & spiked coffees, too! We have plenty of vegetarian & vegan options, a children's menu & share-able foundues and smores. We also sell whole pies and cakes, cater events & sell our in house roasted coffee beans in bulk.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Hygiene issues”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped here as we were looking for a less formal place to dine and were attracted by the bohemian decor, dessert display and live music. A few things quickly killed my appetite at Aromas, however: the sticky table, the stale jam left on my chair which unfortunately I found only after peeling my shirt from the chair, the unwashed plates left stacked in the corner of the dining area. But what really disturbed me was the dirty cutlery and greasy plate on which my Cobb salad was served. The sign in the restroom reminding employees to wash their hands before resuming work did not help. Suffice to say we didn't make it to dessert.

Visited July 2014
Geri P, Owner at Aromas Specialty Coffees & Cafe, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Lee...I am extremely sorry and THANK YOU so much for reviewing us after your poor experience at Aromas. My staff must have been very busy to have left your table and chairs in such a condition. As you know, customers generally buss their own tables, and I can only hope that you were able to grab one before the staff was able to wipe it down completely, however, that certainly is unacceptable.
Although we serve a large number of customers with a quick turnover of tables, each and every guest should be entitled to a clean table, and I apologize for your experience. As for the full bus pan in the back corner, again, our staff member responsible for the dishes, especially on weekend live music nights, can often take one pan downstairs as another pan is quickly refilled. Although it is fortunate that we have a high turnover and quick service, the clean-up fell short on the day of your visit. I will also share your review with the General Manager and Dishwasher, as well as the whole team, because no one should ever get a set of silverware or a plate that did not appear to be clean! Our whole team is responsible for checking to ensure that the required sanitizer used in our final rinse does not leave any spots or streaks on the items... I am sending you under private cover a personal response, and hope that you will give us an opportunity to change your opinion of Aromas.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Denver, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Little Coffee Bar”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Think of the TV show Friends and think of Aromas - From the quirky musicians playing in the back ground to all the folks with dogs and lap tops to the great cup of coffee. Quirky just the way it should be.

Visited July 2014
New York City, New York
“A pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

As vegetarians it is often hard to find quality food while on the road. It is even harder to find quality food at a reasonable price. We hit the jackpot here both with the food and the cost. We stopped here for lunch after noting a few vegetarian options on the menu. The vegetarian Thai wrap was a huge hit with my teenage son and me as was the extremely fresh and substantial house salad my husband had. We were only in town for the day, to be "tourists" in Colonial Williamsburg, before hitting the road for our next vacation spot. We liked the place so much we came back for dinner before heading out of town! The atmosphere is casual and pleasant and the service was fast.

• Visited July 2014
Southern California
“We are here 2 nights in a row!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We enjoyed eating here 2 nights in a row in May, 2014. One night we got the food to go & ate it next door at our B&B. The second night, we enjoyed our dinner at the tables out front, looking at beautiful sunset & Colonial Williamsburg. We had delicious salads.

• Visited May 2014
Alexandria, Virginia
“Yummy Restaurant, Great Value”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stumbled onto this restaurant while visiting Williamsburg, It's a great little restaurant that doesn't break the bank. Three of us ate there and thoroughly enjoyed our meals (and tried each others). I had the Thai wrap (vegetarian) which included avocado and mango. My daughter had the vegetarian Portobello burger and my husband ate the Shrimp and Grits. Delicious. We will definitely go back here for another meal when we're in town again. Service was OK ~ not overly friendly but efficient.

• Visited July 2014