“Great service despite being packed”

Aromas Specialty Coffees & Cafe
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Takeout
Description: Aromas is a coffeehouse and fresh cafe serving up breakfast, lunch & dinner entrees. We also serve up fresh baked goods, snacks & spiked coffees, too! We have plenty of vegetarian & vegan options, a children's menu & share-able foundues and smores. We also sell whole pies and cakes, cater events & sell our in house roasted coffee beans in bulk.
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped in here to get food to go to watch the fireworks show. The place was a madhouse and packed. The staff kept the orders coming and got us out with plenty of time to spare.

The food was very good and not too expensive. Chocolate cookies were delicious. Only complaint would be you have to pay $.50 for soda refills. Seems a bit silly.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Maybe it was because this was our first non rest stop destination after a 10- hour drive from Boston, but I was really not impressed. I got quiche (good) and a hot coffee (average) and my husband got an omelette, which they forgot to make and then tried to bring him something else. Poor communication between the counter and the kitchen that seemed to be in the basement? I expected more from the glowing reviews. Maybe lunch is better...

Reviewed 21 July 2014

After finding this little gem, we found ourselves coming back here 3 times in 4 days! The coffee is outstanding, the staff is so pleasant, atmosphere is very collegiate but food is definitely a big surprise as it was great ! If you are a vegan or vegetarian this is some place you can definitely eat! Who knew this little coffee bar would have such great soup and food! Stop and eat here with confidence! This is a must!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stopped here as we were looking for a less formal place to dine and were attracted by the bohemian decor, dessert display and live music. A few things quickly killed my appetite at Aromas, however: the sticky table, the stale jam left on my chair which unfortunately I found only after peeling my shirt from the chair, the unwashed plates left stacked in the corner of the dining area. But what really disturbed me was the dirty cutlery and greasy plate on which my Cobb salad was served. The sign in the restroom reminding employees to wash their hands before resuming work did not help. Suffice to say we didn't make it to dessert.

Geri P, Owner at Aromas Specialty Coffees & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Lee...I am extremely sorry and THANK YOU so much for reviewing us after your poor experience at Aromas. My staff must have been very busy to have left your table and chairs in such a condition. As you know, customers generally buss their own tables, and I can only hope that you were able to grab one before the staff was able to wipe it down completely, however, that certainly is unacceptable.
Although we serve a large number of customers with a quick turnover of tables, each and every guest should be entitled to a clean table, and I apologize for your experience. As for the full bus pan in the back corner, again, our staff member responsible for the dishes, especially on weekend live music nights, can often take one pan downstairs as another pan is quickly refilled. Although it is fortunate that we have a high turnover and quick service, the clean-up fell short on the day of your visit. I will also share your review with the General Manager and Dishwasher, as well as the whole team, because no one should ever get a set of silverware or a plate that did not appear to be clean! Our whole team is responsible for checking to ensure that the required sanitizer used in our final rinse does not leave any spots or streaks on the items... I am sending you under private cover a personal response, and hope that you will give us an opportunity to change your opinion of Aromas.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Think of the TV show Friends and think of Aromas - From the quirky musicians playing in the back ground to all the folks with dogs and lap tops to the great cup of coffee. Quirky just the way it should be.