I read numerous reviews bashing the Great Wolf Williamsburg. With all the bad reviews, I was little scared that our experience was going to be bad. I came expecting the worse. I was waiting on the guy outside with flaring nostrils telling us to move the car.
This is my second time here and I must admit the first time wasn't the greatest due to the room condition. The room had some serious defects the first time. This time it started out not so good. The room that my brother in law reserved was not in any condition to stay in. The air conditioner broke and that was the last room to hold my brother in law, sister, nephew, mother, wife, two daughters and myself. So they offered him a loft. Same amount of sleeping space, just little to no privacy. It worked out beautifully. Gave us time to bond.
The water park is what the Great Wolf is about. The children LOVED it. It's all about the kids. I was able to sit in the hot tub, take a nap without worrying if they were OK. The Life Guards were on their post the entire time. All the staff was very polite and friendly.
We rented a Cabana the 2nd day and LOVED IT. Our person (Jeska) that took care of us was EXCELLENT. She made sure that we didn't need anything. She checked on us about every 15 minutes.
Sitting by the pool side allowed me to look at everything. The Great Wolf is Huge and they put a lot of time and effort in making your stay enjoyable for the family but more especially the children. Every staff member we ran into was very pleasant. Especially Jeska. Again, she was awesome.
I guess worn the turnaround and hard use of the rooms, they have very little time to correct problems in the rooms when they break.
Some of the items are a little pricey, but then again, almost every resort is.
Due to this stay, I'll be back again. Me and my while family enjoyed themselves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are home to Virginia’s premier 79,000 square foot indoor entertainment area featuring our water park, bear track landing. The indoor water park features a 4-story, 12 level tree fort with 1000 gallons of water and dumps down every few minutes. The water park also features a gigantic indoor wave pool, eight water slides, including 3 tube slides, three kiddie slides and two body slides. In addition we have a zero-depth entry children’s pool, indoor pool, two oversized hot tubs, an endless lazy river. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com, Hotel.de, Priceline, HRS, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Great Wolf Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Wolf Hotel Williamsburg
- Great Wolf Lodge Williamsburg Va
- Great Wolf Resort