“Theft”
Review of Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge
Ranked #21 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

If you plan on staying here, do not leave any valuables in your room during the day. When something is stolen, management will accuse you of either misplacing your items or they will stand by their employees and imply that you are lying about your stolen items.

• Stayed: June 2014
9  Thank Kayla S
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Kayla, I am deeply sorry for what happened during your stay with us at Great Wolf Lodge – Williamsburg. Our Pack members have a proven track record of turning in any items found during cleaning to the Lost & Found Department.

Whenever a theft from a guest room is reported, we take decisive action and follow standard procedures to investigate. This includes interviewing our Housekeeping team and pulling an electronic lock report which cannot be tampered with. The lock report shows anyone that has entered the room as each access card or band has a unique RFID code that we can trace back to whomever it was issued to.

Thank you for choosing Great Wolf.

Great Wolf Guest Relations

Write a ReviewReviews (4,789)

Reviewed 26 June 2014

This hotels is as promised ... Close to Williamsburg and Jamestown and great place for kids to let off some extra energy in the water park. Beware though that groups of kids are running everywhere with very little supervision from parents. I was surprised to see such young kids with no adult going up and down the halls, elevators, and pool area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2014

...it would be GWL. This was our third visit and at no point have I ever been impressed with the place. My son thinks it is amazing- what 9 year old wouldn't? So, we endure it for the kiddo. Rooms have been dirty each time. The last stay we had a kid themed room with bunk beds and there were chips/cracker crumbs in the side of the bed and the blanket clearly had not been laundered. Rather disgusting! Rooms always smell like mildew. I do like that they now have a Dunkin Donuts on site and the young woman working was very friendly and helpful. I have yet to experience friendly and helpful front desk staff or lifeguards. Keep your expectations low for cleanliness and great service...it's like a low budget motel added on a water park and jacked up the prices.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Jen G

Jen, I am terribly sorry for the issues you have had on past stays and for the concerns brought up with your most recent visit at Great Wolf Lodge – Williamsburg. Whenever there are issues with cleanliness, please contact us immediately so we can provide a timely resolution.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was our first time at a Great Wolf Lodge, so I didn't really know what to expect. I completed the online check-in, but I still had to wait in line at the front desk to get room keys. When I was checking in, I got a brand new person. I had to prompt her about the breakfast package I had purchased and also about the late check out. There were 4 wristbands in our pack. If I had known that only the blue ones accessed the room, I would have asked for my older child (16) to have a blue one. As a family with 2 teens, we all enjoyed our stay. But one night is enough. Stop at the nearby Wal-Mart and get a case of water and snacks. Get dad to go to the nearby Burger King for breakfast. Don't pay for the late checkout.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Skystew101
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Yesterday my motherinlaw died. That was distressing but to our grandchildren, that was only part of the bad news. We were packed and ready to take 3 adults and 5 children to Great Wolf in Williamsburg. I had paid over $400 to Expedia. When I called Great Wolf, the reservation worker said I had her condolences but there was nothing she could do. I tried to contact Expedia and apparently you can only type texts to communicate with them. My only option from Expedia was to cancel our reservation with no refund, no chance of rescheduling, and definitely no condolence. I will never use Expedia again and am trying to convince my grandchildren to go somewhere besides Great Wolf! Their website looks appealing but their customer service is lacking.

6  Thank virginiasmiths

Virginia, I am deeply for your loss. Losing a family member is a very difficult thing to experience, and I am sorry our Reservations Center was unable to assist you. With reservations made through third party sites, such as Expedia or Travelocity, we are unable to access those reservations until the day of arrival. Even then, all changes to the reservation must go through that specific third party.

If the reservation had been made by Great Wolf Lodge, then we would have had a variety of options to pursue, but our hands are tied when a stay is booked through a third party.

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused for your family, but we hope you will choose to book with us again soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I read numerous reviews bashing the Great Wolf Williamsburg. With all the bad reviews, I was little scared that our experience was going to be bad. I came expecting the worse. I was waiting on the guy outside with flaring nostrils telling us to move the car.
This is my second time here and I must admit the first time wasn't the greatest due to the room condition. The room had some serious defects the first time. This time it started out not so good. The room that my brother in law reserved was not in any condition to stay in. The air conditioner broke and that was the last room to hold my brother in law, sister, nephew, mother, wife, two daughters and myself. So they offered him a loft. Same amount of sleeping space, just little to no privacy. It worked out beautifully. Gave us time to bond.
The water park is what the Great Wolf is about. The children LOVED it. It's all about the kids. I was able to sit in the hot tub, take a nap without worrying if they were OK. The Life Guards were on their post the entire time. All the staff was very polite and friendly.
We rented a Cabana the 2nd day and LOVED IT. Our person (Jeska) that took care of us was EXCELLENT. She made sure that we didn't need anything. She checked on us about every 15 minutes.
Sitting by the pool side allowed me to look at everything. The Great Wolf is Huge and they put a lot of time and effort in making your stay enjoyable for the family but more especially the children. Every staff member we ran into was very pleasant. Especially Jeska. Again, she was awesome.
I guess worn the turnaround and hard use of the rooms, they have very little time to correct problems in the rooms when they break.
Some of the items are a little pricey, but then again, almost every resort is.
Due to this stay, I'll be back again. Me and my while family enjoyed themselves.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Clarence S
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Our first time at Great Wolf Lodge and It'll be our last. My son's 11th birthday and he was super excited to go here. The check in staff is rude rude rude. One in particular I don't even want to get into it but staff is not very friendly.The room was ok. Nothing special. The waterpark was fair and very small, not worth the money. You'd be better off staying in a cheap hotel and going to Water country. I'd rather stay home with a hose over my head than go back to Great Wolf lodge. Save your money.

11  Thank MicrophoneChec12

Thank you for visiting Great Wolf Lodge – Williamsburg and providing us with your feedback. I am very sorry for the experience you had checking in for your stay. This is not customary for us and fails to meet the standards we have set for our Guest Services team. It is our goal to make every family feel welcome and greet them with exceptional guest service, and I am sorry if we missed the mark with your family.

Our lodge in Williamsburg, VA has one of the largest waterparks that we offer, boasting 79,000 square feet of indoor waterpark fun. This is the only location that features our Wolf Rider Wipeout, a Flowrider surf simulator attraction that brings the big waves indoors and is a huge hit with many of our guests.

We hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future.