Great Wolf Lodge
US$223
Official Website
US$110
Great 4.5/5
Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
US$80
Very Good 4/5
The Historic Powhatan Resort(Williamsburg)
US$111
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
Greensprings Vacation Resort(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
US$117
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
US$509
US$112
US$99
Great 4.5/5
Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$121
Kingsmill Resort(Williamsburg)
US$234
Travelocity
5,020 results
All reviewswater parkwave poolmagic questlife guardsindoor waterparkdunkin donutsropes courseloose moosemagiquest gamegrizzly bear suitegreat family funbunk bedspizza hutfamily suiteolder kidsbowling alleykids love
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 July 2014

In the off Season this place is half price and well worth the money. I can't say I would feel the same if I went in Season, or on Holidays. This was just a great place to go in the middle of Winter. The Cabin theme, the decorations, and seeing your kids have a great time after being stuck in all winter was the best thing for me as an Adult traveler. There is simply not a lot of close by indoor resorts for the kids. The kids get to see Walking Animal Characters, some free art crafts, story time, and the giant water park. For extra money you can play mini bowling, arcades, and the whole hotel is a Wizard theme Scavenger hunt. They have an all Adult Jacuzzi, but they also have nice family Jacuzzi. The food was expensive like any other resort, but there is a nearby shopping and restaurants, even a place in the parking lot that is ok. Williamsburg is of course known for the shopping, so you are right in the middle of that area. I guess that is the only negative the entire Hotel is set up for kids, there is no where safe from Kids. The Scavenger hunt even takes up the hotel room halls. That might be a negative, but I went here for my kid so it was not a negative to me. I would rate it a day like going to Disney almost. It's just in a smaller confined area.

Room Tip: If you have kids, get a room with a separate space for the kids. After the Mayhem of the hotel you will want some place away from Kids! Ask if they have any rooms on a floor without the Scavenger hunt.. ( I did not ask that myself) Bring some room snacks.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Kids loved it, was not so great for us parents. They were clearly busy that week, and so many things went wrong from start to end that I do not even know where to start, but basically...we will visit again, probably in PA next time to please the kids. A million extra costs, which is fine if they are disclosed, but they are not until you get there. Even looked online after thinking I missed something, but no - they really do not list prices of all the extra activities - so plan on having a lot of extra money on hand. Room was nice, service was way below standard. SO many things went wrong, no one huge thing - just a bunch of irritations and issues that quickly made the visit more trouble than it was worth. Inside the water area was fun though :) Kids really enjoy that. Quest was awesome! Oh another thing - seems small but didn't sit right with me. There were wands you buy to play the quest...no biggie, you buy a wand to play the game...but that 18.00 wand becomes 40 when you get to the register bc there is an activation fee too. So all those little kids that get up to the counter and the parents realize they are paying double for each one at check out? Again with the disclosure people...just shady business. Will try again and go to PA, but not this one again. All extra fees and such can be forgiven if my kids can have a great time, but the service...too much money for low quality service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank b0ysm0m3
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for staying at Great Wolf Lodge – Williamsburg and providing us with your feedback! We understand your concerns about the pricing of various activities at the lodge, which is why we have a live chat service where you can speak with a Great Wolf representative from 8am to 10pm CST for up-to-date prices. Our team is well equipped to handle almost any inquiry our guests may have about their upcoming or potential stays at any Great Wolf Lodge location.

If you would like to discuss the concerns from your stay in more detail, we will be happy to speak with you. Please contact us at guestrelations@greatwolf.com.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Okay, so I understand the "keep you in and get your money principle", but this place is over-rated and overpriced. So I will start with the negatives:
-Overpriced
-Limited healthy or quality or variety food choices. Plenty of sugar. If you do stay, try the grill across the parking lot.
-Not as clean as you would think. There were actually some very filthy places. The bathroom smelled like a stall. I can only imagine what that means for the water we are playing in.
-EVERYTHING cost, putting you under tremendous pressure with the kids. Only thing included is the swimming. Oh, the story time with the weird and scary Pocahontas is free. I wouldn't let my kids watch that.
They sort of have a get everything free ONCE pass, which is $70, twenty dollars more than unlimited rides at Busch Gardens. It has stuff like, 1 climb on the rock wall; which if you get a quarter of the way up and fall, that is once. No one was using the wall, cabanas ($179 a day) or the mini golf. My mind is about to explode writing this.
-For the money, you would think the coffee pot in the room worked.
-The parking attendant got in an argument with a guest about a service dog. I know it was questionable, but when do you see a parking attendant arguing with guest.

The positives:
-Buying the free refill stuff. Buy one and use it for everybody, with courtesy cups.
-The staff was pleasant. The lifeguards are serious and diligent in keeping people safe.
-The pizza is affordable, but after a short vacation how much pizza can you eat.
Bottom line, this place is an example of how corporate America doesn't care about real people and does everything it can to take advantage. I don't mean to be mean, but I hate being treated like that. Don't be a 2star place and charge for 4stars. I suggest finding something else.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the center of the building or you will be walkin'.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank jasontravels72

Jason,
Thank you for providing us with the feedback from your recent stay at Great Wolf Lodge – Williamsburg! We understand your concerns and appreciate your candor in sharing this information with us. If there are ever concerns with your suite, please contact Guest Services so we can provide guests with a timely resolution.

Every suite comes standard with a microwave and mini-fridge, so if you have specific dietary concerns, you are welcome to bring food and beverages from home to have in the room. We ask that guests not bring outside food and beverage into the waterpark area for the safety and consideration of other guests.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We went for the Grand Illumination in December. We were able to enjoy indoor water sports. The activities are geared toward young children but our teenagers enjoyed the water park and the video arcade. There are two restaurants inside and a jungle themed restaurant in the parking lot. This is very convenient and hassle free. The room rate will make you gasp.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side face the interstate highway. I don't remember it being very loud
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Elias David B
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Our daughter had a stellar time! We stayed 2 nights and our room came to over $600 for those nights. The room was the equivalent of a low in holiday inn. The shower was terribly moldy, both security locks on the door were broken. The pillows were so overly used that they were knotty. The beds were so slept in that they had holes in the middle. They have a game that is kind of like a treasure hunt running thru the halls where the rooms are. This doesn't shut off till 11. I have a 4 year old that couldn't go to sleep till after 11 PM becuase these games were talking and making noises until them right outside of our room. And housekeeping never even came to make our beds or give us fresh towels or toilet paper for crying out loud. After complaining about towels it took housekeeping almost and hour to get us some. Upside, everything is self contained here. I had several spa services and they were phenomenal! The staff is friendly and helpful and the water park is beyond good!!!! You really never have to leave but if you do you are within 5-10 mins of so much stuff!!! We had great days out nights were just bad. So my relaxing spa day was wasted on poor night sleeps and an achy body from a terrible bed. If I am paying $350 a night for a room...give some good pillows!

• Stayed: June 2014
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Laurie, I want to thank you for visiting Great Wolf Lodge – Williamsburg and sharing your feedback with us. I am sorry to hear you had so many issues with your room. Whenever there are concerns such as the locks on your hallway door, please let us know immediately so we can notify Maintenance. Then we can work to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

During the reservation process, you are able to request to have your suite located in a quieter portion of the lodge. Our Guest Services team will then take this into consideration when assigning your room on the day of arrival. If you specifically do not want to be near a MagiQuest game terminal, then you would be better off requesting a room on the first floor specifically, or towards the end of the hallways on the second, third or fourth floors.

I hope this information helps you when planning your next Great Wolf vacation.

We look forward to seeing your family again soon!