“Pleasantly surprised”

Ranked #60 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We were very pleased with this Travelodge. The room was very clean and parts of it seemed to have been recently updated. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. We had a room with two double beds. There was also a table with two armchairs, making the room a little bit full of furniture, but overall it was a great room and extremely affordable. Keep up the good work, Travelodge!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jessica L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Portsmouth, Virginia
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Other reviews mentioned railroad noise and outdated style. No evidence of RR. The 2011 renovation appears to have only included one of the two buildings on the complex. We stayed in the older unit, and we didn't have any complaints. Everything was perfectly clean and functional. The pool was nice and well used during our evening stay. Location was convenient - within 10 mins. of Busch Gardens, our destination. The service was what made the experience the best. Megan was super-helpful on two phone calls prior to arrival. When we arrived, she quickly fixed a problem with our room keycard, and even had pool towels delivered to our door in the time that it took to go back for a new keycard. The breakfast was busy, but staff kept items well stocked. All staff were pleasant and helpful. We'll definitely come here again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank HalSwanson
Williamsburg
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I found this hotel to be very accommodating and of great value. I stayed at this property for two nights. I received a friendly greeting and fast check-in at the front desk late that night. It is very clean, the staff is extremely professional. The rooms are comfortable and very quiet. I highly recommend this location for the money.The hotel provided complimentary buffet breakfast and free internet connection. Overall, a very good hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank Henriette S
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed there the last week of April 2014. This was my second stay at this property. My last visit was in October of 2013. My room was very clean. Staff was welcoming, helpful, personal, professional and friendly. They remembered I don't screaming children and gave me a room far away from any sign of any kids (good or bad). Yes the building is older than some others in the area, but the comfort level is so well worth it. It is .6 miles from the Williamsburg Visitor Center. Small cab fare to Colonial Williamsburg if your not using your visitors pass. The only improvement I see a need for would be to repair the ice machine on the second floor. Though the staff at the front desk was very happy to provide a bag of ice for my room every night. I have family there so I visit the town every chance I get. This is the only place I will stay in Williamsburg. The staff is always so nice. Thanks for always feeling like my home away from home.

Room Tip: Let them know at check in if you want a room away from children.