“Enjoyed our stay again!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic District
Ranked #9 of 74 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reading, PA
“Enjoyed our stay again!”
Reviewed 6 October 2012

This was our 2nd stay at this Hampton and the front desk clerk (Kijana Casserly) mentioned that fact to us at check-in. He also mentioned that he had our Hilton Honors Member info in the computer and told me the times of breakfast, pool & exercise room hours. He gave me a paper with a floor plan of the hotel on one side and map of the area on the other - this is something that I wish ALL hotels did, it is just a nice reference to have. He confirmed that a restaurant (Sals by Victor) I inquired about was a good choice and handed me a menu and said that they also would deliver to the hotel. There is a night light in the bathroom which we did not have at the previous nights hotel. This hotel was clean and comfortable. The hotel was very quiet and it sits on a road that is not too highly traveled so there is not a lot of traffic noise. Our visit a few years back we had poor cell phone reception but this visit there was no problem. And the wifi internet connection was good. The only problem we had both times we stayed here was that the hotel sign sits to far back and too low it makes it difficult to see the entrance.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DeeDeePA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Finnish first
Solihull
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Can't fault anything about this hotel. It was very comfortable, clean and with friendly, helpful staff.
Cold buffet breakfast was fine. Fair choice of healthy and not so healthy stuff. The "hot" breakfast, is best avoided however, but as it is complementary I don't expect much anyway. Tea, coffee and hot chocolate on offer 24/7, which is good when you come in from a tiring day out.
Rooms are spacious with a good number of drawers and a safe. Wifii speeds in the room is fast too.
We had an excellent deal, paying only about £40 per night and would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HolidaymadSolihull
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I just stayed at this hotel on a business trip. Before booking, I selected this hotel based upon the reviews and ranking on Trip Advisor so thank you to all of those who wrote reviews. The hotel was great. Minutes from my conference (just outside of Busch Gardens, and minutes away from the Prime Outlet Malls. Absolutely great. When I checked in, I was greeted with smiling faces and welcoming service. I was asked if I had a preference to a floor (no hotel ever extended this courtesy to me before.) Around 10 min after checking in, I received a call to ask if the room and everything was to my satisfaction. I stayed in a studio room which was wonderful. It had sufficient room and a kitchenette with refrigerator, microwave, and a bag of microwave popcorn! When I left the room for the day, I left the "do not disturb" sign in my key slot (as I often do when I don't need cleaning service.) When I returned that evening, there was a note left under the door from the staff stating they could not service the room due to the sign and not to hesitate to call if there was anything I needed. Every time I passed through the lobby, I was greeted with smiling staff at the desk. I could also tell they were conscious of who was entering the building. The beds were very comfortable. I did not get to enjoy the breakfast as the meeting I was going to had breakfast but the area was nice, large, and the food appeared to be sufficient. There wasTV was a large modern LCD TV with a very nice picture.

I would love to stay again given the opportunity. The only negative was the corridor on my floor (4th) was muggy on Thursday. I reported it as I left Thursday morning, however, it still remained Thursday evening. It was cleared out Friday and I know the local weather had a very high humidity on Thursday. The room temperature was very comfortable. There were no problems with the cooling system.

Room Tip: The studio room was the same price as a standard room when I booked. Even if slightly higher in pri...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Work2Play_11
Cherry Hill, NJ
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I've stayed at the Richmond Road Hampton many times. Always had an okay stay there. I didn't know about this particular Hampton so I tried it. It was in a quiet comfortable area (I wouldn't call it Historic). It IS next to a seedy-looking motel, so lock your cars, folks.

But the rooms are very nice. The office space (which I use) was great. I wish I had that table in my office. And the leather chair was awesome. The room is clean and up to the high Hampton standard. The shower...

I was on the 4th floor. It was 8:30. Everyone was using their water. And flushing their toilets. And using their showers. How do I know? I FELT EVERY FLUSH, FAUCET, SHOWER during MY shower! Hot water? Sure, followed by freezing water. The shower controls are on the left hand side and STARTS with the hot water. So when you turn it on it scalds you within seconds. When you go under your shower (which was a massager) the water dribbles. It's not the powerful spray I am accustomed to in your typical Hampton. I waited and waited for a decent spray that never came.

I mentioned this to the front desk and they did the right thing. I would stay here again because I enjoyed the room and location. And it is a newer Hampton, not the converted motel that is on Richmond Road. I'd stay here again. I just hope they take a look at their water system. They won't, but I live hope.

Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank SingletonTraveler
Central Florida
Reviewed 1 October 2012

A beautiful hotel within a very quick drive to the Colonial Williamsburg visitor center, I highly recommend this facility for anyone traveling to Williamsburg. We booked a suite and were very surprised at the size and comfort provided for the price! The furniture was comfortable, the bathroom well appointed and the beds large and comfortable. Unfortunately, the spa was not working the 2 days we were there, but that was a maintenance problem that was being addressed.
I would make one observation toward the negative, that being that all the suites had doors to the adjoining rooms for some reason. There is literally NO soundproofing around the doors and our door was apparently IN the neighboring rooms bathroom! We were treated all day and night to the bodily functions and bathing habits of our neighbors. This is a serious design flaw and needs to be addressed. In other words, get a standard room, not a suite.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 30 September 2012

This hotel is conveniently located about 2 miles from Williamsburg's Historic District and is a great place to stay for a visit to this vibrant and historic city. The rooms are comfortable and typical of what you find at Hampton Inn. The free continental breakfast and complimentary internet make this a great value. The hotel also has an indoor pool and workout facility. It seems to be a fairly new property. My interactions with the staff were all positive. Both the front desk and the breakfast attendant were very nice and welcoming. My son attends the College of William and Mary, so we will definitely try this hotel again in the next few years.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Stayed one night 2nd week of Sept. Nicely updated room, very nice surprise....very comfortable bed great water pressure, fp TV, fridge and micro for $120 for 2, free wifi with good signal.....good breakfast....only thing to make note of is that it's close to the historic district (5-10 min) but not in it and the immediate area a bit run down...other than that I thought it a of deal.

Room Tip: Stay away from elevator, ice machine
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends