Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsburg Historic District
Ranked #11 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We were so pleased with accomodation. We had no idea what to expect but this hotel was above any expectations we could have had. Expecially nice was the complete breakfast and friendly staff. Thank you Hampton for a wonderdul stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed 28 November 2013

We love Hampton Inns. This one was not on the top of the list but still very nice. There was a damp, musty smell in our room on check in. We told the staff & while we were out they replaced the heating/air unit. Took care of 90% of the problem. The wet carpet under the old unit was still damp. (rm 310) The staff was very helpful. The ladies in charge of breakfast went beyond expectations.
It is located close to the areas or restaurants you would want to visit, but not within walking distance,

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RunCookie
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Stayed here for two nights in November. Within 5 minutes of Colonial Williamsburg, 10 minute to Busch Gardens and close to Jamestown and Yorktown. Hotel seemed like an older hotel and lower scale quality, but was clean and acceptable as a Hampton. Beds were hard, no plush bedding, bathrooms showed signs of wear. Breakfasts were abundant and plentiful. Complimentary coffee, tea and hot chocolate was good. No complimentary cookies? Front desk staff were knowledgable. Had a small pool and small Fitness Center. Only complaint would be that we arrived back at our room on day one around 2 p.m. and our room had not been cleaned yet. When we called down to the front desk, we were told the hotel was full last night due to a wedding party and someone would be there shortly. Credit to the cleaning staff, they arrived within 5 minutes of the call and cleaned to our expectations. Would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This is my Hampton Inn of choice, having been to all three in the area. I found it to be the newer of the hotels in the city and enjoyed my first visit. My second visit was good, complete with an upgrade (thank you!), but points are taken off for two things: the heater in my room was rocket rickety loud (it felt like I was in a spaceship to the moon, needs some updating) and the check in was a turn off. I don't expect lavish hospitality when I check in (or do I?) but at least give me a smile. All I got was courtesy despite the upgrade. To management; it doesn't hurt to tell your employees to smile or say thank you.

On second thought, it actually does hurt you - you could have gotten a five star review.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This hotel is great place to stay if you are visiting the area. The prices are reasonable and the accommodations are great. The hotel is very convenient to Bush Gardens and the historic sites. The rooms are nice and clean. The furniture is updated. Amenities included free parking, free internet (big plus), swimming pool, small but nice gym. My rate came with breakfast, a real breakfast not just few bagels and muffins. The staff was very professional and helpful. I just didn’t like the street because it is filled with motels but it was quite. In a nutshell, this hotel is a bargain. You get more than your money worth.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 26 November 2013

This is a wonderful property, and it's made even more wonderful because of employees like Kijana Casserly, the front desk manager. My family and I have been staying on and off here for years, and we've been fortunate to be taken such good care of by Kijana and other staff. Kijana's consummate professionalism, his enthusiastic willingness to go the extra mile to make our stay special, prompts us to return to this property again and again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank chrisman48
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Originally we made a reservations for 2 nights and about 2 weeks before our arrival date, we called to cancel the Friday night and informed them we will only be staying the Saturday night. When we arrived, we were told that they charged us for not showing up on Friday night and they had no rooms available for us for Saturday night. All he could say was I am sorry but I dont have this change of reservations in my computer. It was the same person we spoke to when we changed our reservations. He was trying to make it sound like it was our fault, when we got very upset and told him that it was him that did not put that info into his computer, he found a room for us at a different hotel. Unfortunately my daughter had to sleep on a pull out couch due to no availability for two queen beds. And it was not a comparable hotel. We come down to this area several times a year, we will not be staying at Hampton Inn again

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family