“We had a wonderful time at Wedmore Place!”
Review of Wedmore Place

Wedmore Place
Ranked #14 of 74 Hotels in Williamsburg
Norfolk, Virginia
“We had a wonderful time at Wedmore Place!”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We had a wonderful time at Wedmore Place. Everyone and I mean everyone, was friendly and welcoming. We have done nothing but rave about our short stay to our friends and colleagues. We look forward to returning and staying longer next time!

Mr. Charles and Vonda Johnson

Room Tip: A good room is the Champagne Room.
2 Thank Vonda J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Reviewed 27 February 2014

A friend recently recommended Wedmore Place. As a frequent visitor to Williamsburg the past 20 years, I wonder how I had never heard of or stayed here. The property is beautiful and close to many attractions but still feels like you are out in the country! The room and bathroom were very nice. The staff at Wedmore were extremely nice and helpful. I can't say enough about the Valentine's dinner we experienced at Cafe Provençal. food was fantastic and the atmosphere delightful. It was a great weekend.

1 Thank SFLF
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed 26 February 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at Wedmore Place and could not have enjoyed ourselves more. The grounds are beautiful, the hotel is exquisite, the wine is delicious and the wood-burning fireplace was such a treat. The staff was the nicest we've ever met. We only wish we could have stayed longer. One of our best getaways ever.

Room Tip: We loved the "Tyrol" room.
2 Thank BandBfan2014
Arlington, VA
Reviewed 5 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here thanks to a gift certificate for my birthday. We were not disappointed! The house is very close to downtown Williamsburg and has the appearance of an old Manor. Our room (Wales) though not fancy was incredibly comfortable and lavish. Full king size bed, wood burning fireplace and modern bathroom.

We spent dinner downstairs at Cafe Provencal and the food was amazing. Incredibly fresh, and well paired with the wine. We practically had the place to ourselves and the staff was very friendly and even sent us home with a few glasses of port!

The next day we had a very nice breakfast (again very quiet with only two couples) and then headed over to the Winery for an excellent tasting. Just a tip, however, I would recommend the Reserve tasting (we didn't have the time for it). It seems like a bit more romantic way and you don't have to be squished in with all the other tourists at the winery.

Room Tip: The Wales room was very nice; very private. Though we had the fireplace burning part of the night a...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Beth S
Monterey, California
Reviewed 1 January 2014

With all of the pancake houses in Williamsburg, it's refreshing to have a change, Wedmore Place fills this void with their delicious continental breakfast. The quiche, fresh fruits, yogurt, cappuccino, croissants, and more were a prefect start to our day. Breakfast goes until 10:00am, which coincides coincidentally with when the Williamsburg Winery opens. The Winery is a very short 100 yard walk. Be sure to call a day (24 hours) in advanced if you’re not staying there, so that they can put enough food out and expect your party. We haven’t stayed at the Wedmore Place, but the breakfast and beautiful venue is worth a try.

Room Tip: Book breakfast a day ahead if you're not staying at the Wedmore Place, then visit the Williamsbu...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Rusty321
Boynton Beach, FL
Reviewed 29 December 2013

What a discovery!! A dream of an Inn in every way. On our way to Florida we decided to stop in Williamsburg for a few nights. Having read the reviews here on Tripadvisor we knew that Wedmore Place is where we wanted to stay. The BEST choice we ever made..it was pure bliss. The room that we stayed was Number 23-Wales, with its burning fire place, the room was beautifully furnished and super clean. The bathroom was large and luxurious. I can not say enough about this wonderful Inn with a wonderful staff that met our every whim. The complimentary breakfast is actually a feast (please don't forget the croissants). Everything was perfect. Thank you Heidi!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sandfeet
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Earlier in the week I booked a room for an anniversary getaway with my wife. Unfortunately she fell ill and I had no choice but to cancel the reservation. I was told the 48 hour cancellation policy was strict and no exception would be made. I was offered a gift card for equal value, but I explained that this was not useful to me as we were only in town for the Christmas holiday visiting family. Still, no exceptions. So after explaining that I booked the reservation with a virtual credit card (as I always do for securing online transactions) that I had voided in anticipation of cancelling the reservation - thereby preventing collection of the cancellation fee - I was told I would be added to a blacklist and not allowed to visit the property in the future.

The way this was escalated to a point of being "blacklisted" struck me as a rather absurd way to treat someone that was, to that point, eager to spend a lot of money at their establishment.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple