“Well worth it!”

Ranked #1 of 411 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We booked seats a few months in advance of our trip, based on reviews I had read here. We visited on June 26 and my wife and I were both truly impressed with the chef, the sous chef, the food, the wine, well, everything.
It was a very comfortable place, the food was excellent, the chefs were entertaining and informative, and the wine was great. I have no criticism at all.
And they even sold the wine and a lot of the ingredients they used to prepare the meal in the little on site store.
An absolutely wonderful evening.

1  Thank alkenber

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I took my fiance here for his birthday because he loves to cook. I saw the picture online and it is truly one of the best experiences I have every had at a restaurant. Some patrons may say it is a bit pricey but for what you get I don't think it was pricey at all. You start off with an appetizer and glass of champagne. Then you are seated in bleacher style seating with about 10 people per row and only four rows. The chef cooks right in front of you and serves everything fresh. You receive recipes for everything that is served and the wine is available for purchase. Needless to say we will be returning. Only word of advice, you must book a table several weeks in advance because they fill up quick!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We have been reading good things about the A Chef's Kitchen for some time and we finally got experience what folks have been talking about. A Chef's Kitchen more than met our expectations. The dining room consists of three long rows of tables with 9 to 10 seats each facing the kitchen. The evening menu with the ingredients for each course is placed at your seat. Your dinner is then prepared by the chef(s) with informative commentary (often very funny) on the food items used, preparation and execution of each dish. Three wines are also paired with the soup, salad and two entree courses. Dessert (burp) is also included.
The evening was just a delight and we cannot wait to do it again. For a fun educational take on some excellent food we cannot recommend A Chef;s Kitchen highly enough.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

A very different dining experience. Diners are seated in 3 rows, each elevated above the other, facing the chef in his kitchen work space. The chef prepares each of the courses in front of you, explaining what he is doing, and more importantly, why he is doing it that way. They have positioned a camera above the cooktop and a monitor to the right side. This made it very easy to view what was going on. However, it would have been even better to allow the camera to be able to swivel to view the food prep area, not just the cooktop.

Each course is pared with a different wine. The wines are all modestly priced and available for purchase in the small storefront where you walk in.

The menu changes periodically, and each course was very tasty. For instance, I do not like vegetables, but the summer vegetable soup was delicious and to my wife's and my amazement, I ate all of it.

Diners are provided with recipe's for each course, but some diners observed that what the chef did did not conform to the printed page. The chef acknowledged this. They should button that up.

The chef has a sense of humor and that makes the whole experience more enjoyable.

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Pace yourself.

The night started with a "Edamame soup with Pickled Carrots and Caramelized Shallots Soup" you can eat it cold or warm "superb".

Next a "Asparagus Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette, Cave-aged Blue Cheese Heirloom Cherry tomatoes and avocado", thought it would be overwhelming but honestly blue cheese covered the flavor of the asparagus and the bonus was the cornbread served with it (amazing)!!

Next a "Salmon Ravioli with bell pepper and parsley infused olive oil, enjoyed watching how it was made.

Ending with a Roast Rib Rack of Berkshire Pork with French horn mushrooms, apples, apple jack brandy and Mascarpone smashed garlic and red skin potatoes with spring onions".

At this moment I wanted to tell my Mother... I'm sorry but he has you on this one Mama. Last which honestly I could not finish was "Mocha Pot au Creme with Toasted Meringue and Strawberry Drizzle". With the specific fine wines chosen and the great atmosphere. Going alone was not bad at all. Worth every cent! I will be back.

1  Thank AnnaWioletta