Passed by this place while looking for a coupon bargain at the Americas Best VALUE Inn down the road, got the two places confused, and ended up staying here. The price was ridiculously low ($35 grand total for two persons for one night) and the room had several amenities for this prices, so I can't complain. Just make sure you don't repeat my mistake!
The clerk at the desk must have known that I was looking for the hotel with the similar sounding name, as I showed the coupon I thought I would be using here -- but she said nothing. Interestingly, she gave us a rate far lower than what I was expecting.
The road this motel is located on features a wide variety of chain motels, touristy and fast food restaurants, convenience and discount stores, and shops trying to separate tourists from their money. All in all, a place with none of the charm and ambiance that draws people to Colonial Williamsburg, which is close by. Expect tourist central and you won't be disappointed by the general atmosphere of this immediate area.
Our room featured air conditioning, full bath, TV with 59 channels, fridge, microwave, phone, radio alarm clock, iron and board, and coffee maker. it was clean and well maintained, but lacked one thing I really wanted: internet access. I don't know if the motel had any kind of access, as the staff was nowhere to be found after 8 pm -- nobody at the front desk and no answer of the phone. Since the adjacent fast food restaurant offers free wi-fi, I just went there and bought a small soda -- thus giving me internet access for about $1. Not the best solution, but it worked.
I experienced none of the horrors reported by others, and the price was good for the number of amenities given. But this is truly a cheap place to stay. I recommend checking the room before paying for it, and be prepared to move on if it doesn't meet your needs. But, if it's as good as ours was, then you'll get a good bargain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional inn located inside Colonial Williamsburg. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Expedia, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your America's Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- America`s Best Inn Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Best Inn Williamsburg
- Americas Best Inn Williamsburg