“I Got The Worst Rash Here!!!!!!!!!”
Review of America's Inn

America's Inn
America's Inn
Ranked #70 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
pennsylvania
“I Got The Worst Rash Here!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 10 September 2008

PLEASE TAKE HEED TO ALL I'M ABOUT TO SAY!!!!!!! I read the reviews online before deciding and although none were positive the photos made me believe differently. When we got there we were so tired from our 8 hour drive that we were so ready to take a long shower and jump into a big comfy bed. First the key did not work for about 20 minutes, than we walk into a smokey , stinky room where the carpet was so dirty and wet. the tub and toilet was discussing. cigarettes were everywhere. we found a used condom on one of the beds, someone else birth control pills and other personal belongings. we slept on towels because it was so dirty. In the early morning i found out that the towels gave me a bad rash. We wanted to speak to the manager and the cleaning staff lied and sent in someone else to act as management so they would not get in trouble. WE HAD TO CHECK OUT. Please people i am the nicest person ever and not usually a complainer but we ae suing because i am pregnant and allegic to smoke and i got so sick after staying there. it is a hazard and they need to be shut down. DO NOT STAY HERE.......

Stayed August 2008
1 Thank faphrodite82

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
graham, nc
Reviewed 10 August 2008

ON my stay at this hotel I was ver disappointed to find that the description for this hotel was MUCH LESS THAN ACURATE. Rooms were in need of some repair, door jam into the connecting room was badgle damaged, would only stay closed with deadbolt, the shower had very low pressure, the tub was dirty, plaster on the ceiling was coming loose in several places. Rust stains on ceiling around vents from apparent water leaks. Pool that was supposed to be HEATED WAS NOT. On one occasion one of the underwater lights in the pool was out of its socket and floating in the water still attached to the wiring. The continential breakfast they advertised had no longer been available for about 2 months, they only served lunch and dinner in a restaurant they added and the prices were so high you couldn't afford to eat there.The wireless internet would not work unless you went to the lobby or ny the outside pool. THE ORGANIZATION AT THE FRONT DESK WAS TERRIBLE LOST OR MISSPLACED PAPERWORK ECT. I WOULD NOT RECOMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE WANTING MORE THAN A PLACE TO STOP AND SLEEP IF NOTHING ELSE WAS AVAILABLE.

• Liked — the location close to several resterants
  • Disliked — the hotel in general
1 Thank littlemansdad
graham, nc
Reviewed 10 August 2008

We found the hotel ok but after that everything went bad. We found out that there was no continential breakfast, website said there was. We rented 2 rooms, on several occasions we were not able to get into the second room because the key wouldn't work. On one day we came back to the hotel at 11:15 and couldn't get the key to work. I called front desk and no one answered, so I walked up there and no one answered the bell. I finally got someone to answer the phone and they said they would send maintenance down right away, 20 minutes later they arrived after I called again and told me that the battery was dead in the room door. They wouldn't be able to fix it until 8 the next morning. At 9:30 the people finally showed up and they said everything was ok. That night when we got back to the hotel the new keys they gave us didn't work so we had to go through the whole process again. Pool is not heated as they stated in their website. We had 2 rooms that were adjoining and the door on our side wouldn't close properly and it was busted where the latch you used. Only deadbolt worked on inside door. When we checked in they asked for a credit card even though we had prepaid through orbitz so we gave them the card for "incidentials". When we checked out, I asked the owners for the copy of the credit card that they made for the incidentials and they couldn't find it in their records. With all the credit card fraud out there you would think that they could keep better track of their paperwork. We never did get the copy but they wrote us a note, whole lot of good that will do us if someone uses it because they are letting it "Float around". I would not believe a word of this company. We had nothing but issues and they don't seem to care just that "they have been doing this for 12 years". On the last evening of our stay the others staying in the hotel decided to shoot off fireworks in the parking lot. Cops were called and no one knew "anything". Do not stay in this hotel unless you are DESPERATE!!!!!!

• Liked — not a thing
  • Disliked — they lie about everything
1 Thank bettybooplover
Kentucky
Reviewed 4 August 2008

Do you and your family a favor.....NEVER STAY HERE!!!! The staff are extremely rude, the rooms were disgusting!!! We were put in room 155, an NONSMOKING room. There was an ashtray on the table with cigarette butts in it. My son has asthma, and the room smelled so bad with the musky odor and old cigarettes he had an asthma attack. I pulled back the comforter on the bed and it was stained. The pics must be atleast 10 years old, because this place was a dump. I went to the front desk and got a refund. No way was my family staying there and possibly bringing roaches home. It may be cheap, but you need to spend atleast 20 or 30 bucks more for a nicer place. I talked to the manager when we got home, and he was also very rude. I did some research and this place has lost it's license numerous times. Trust me. Don't stay here.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Disgusting rooms, rude staff
1 Thank Roodiball
thujenkins
Reviewed 21 July 2008

My husband and I went there and stayed for 3 days. The staff was great. The food there wasn't bad. The location to everything was wonderful. The room was very smoke smelling, but that's normal living with a smoker. But overall it wasn't as bad as everyone said it was. That's if you are down to earth type of person. And don't require the luxury hotel to take care of you.

• Liked — the value
  • Disliked — cleaniness
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thujenkins
Myrtle Beach, SC
Reviewed 9 July 2008

My husband and I stayed here recently - over 4th of July weekend. I was weary of this place because I had read some negative reviews after booking our stay. However, we had a pleasurable stay with very few problems. We checked in a bit early (2:45) and our room had not been cleaned, but they took care of that within 10 - 15 minutes. The rooms were very clean as were the sheets. The shower did make a high-pitched ringing sound but other than that there were no problems with the room. We stayed on the first floor, right across from the pool (very clean and nice) and noise was not an issue. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Don't expect any thrills, but this is a great place to stay if you're on a budget vacation.

• Liked — clean rooms, location, pool
  • Disliked — no internet service, no continental breakfast
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 6 July 2008

This was the worst hotel experience ever. First the door lock to the room didn't work properly. Had to pretty much bust the door in to get it to open. Second, the room was very nasty. The blankets and spread had white crusty stuff all over them, the carpet was real dirty, furniture was dirty and the sitting chairs had big holes in the arms. We complained to the desk clerk who was very rude, said she didn't have another room for us unless we wanted to pay more and we wouldn't be able to be refunded our money for the room. It was so bad we just left and went down the road to another city to get a room. I'll be working on getting my money back. This is not my idea of clean & friendly (website). I will never try another America's Best Inn anywhere again.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Rooms were very dirty
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family