“Cedars of Williamsburg B&B is Great!”

Cedars of Williamsburg Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 21 Williamsburg B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Thanks for a lovely weekend in Williamsburg. It all started with our check in to the very nice B&B Cedars of Williamsburg. Fresh made chocolate chip cookies, hot cider, and lit fireplace. Our room was clean, cozy, and comfy. Breakfast was delicious with fresh fruit and thoughtfully made choices. Bob Tubbs and his gracious staff did a fantastic job of making us feel welcome, comfortable and with a funny, quick wit. Cedars is located just 10-15 minute walk to Historic downtown where we spent the day seeing sites and events. We will be back and I highly recommend Cedars of Williamsburg for the ultimate comfy experience.
T

Room Tip: any one of the rooms would be nice!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Bob-Tubbs, Owner at Cedars of Williamsburg Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Hi Patricia,

Excellent! We are thrilled you enjoyed your visit to Williamsburg and your stay with us. As I probably mentioned, with the holidays coming, Williamsburg is fast becoming the "go to" holiday destination. That might be a good time for a return visit.

As you've reminded me about the hot cider, I am off to warm up a cup on this chilly day. We look forward to your next visit and sincerely appreciate this very nice review. I will be sure to share it with the rest of the Cedars crew.

Thanks
Cedars of Williamsburg B&B

Reviewed 5 November 2013

My stay at the B&B made me feel like I was at home. The food was really good Bob Tubbs is a comedian I would recommend anyone to go for the weekend. I can't wait to set up my next trip for me and my wife.

• Stayed: October 2013
Bob-Tubbs, Owner at Cedars of Williamsburg Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Hi Joe & Angela,

We are thrilled to hear you both enjoyed your short visit to Williamsburg. You are both a delight and great folks to be around. Joe, I think you scored some really good husband points for the weekend!

We look forward to your next visit. Camera is ready! ;-)

Grace & Bob Tubbs
Cedars of Williamsburg B&B

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I've stayed in more than a few B&Bs. This may not be quite the best (the one we stayed at in Cork, Ireland gets that honor) but it comes close. The house is comfy, as are the beds. The location is perfect for Williamsburg with ample parking. The breakfasts were superb. Bob is a real card (though over a number of days, some of his humor does get a little worn). If there had been tvs in the rooms, I'd have given a 5 to this property.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DSROBERTS
Bob-Tubbs, Owner at Cedars of Williamsburg Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Greetings DS,

We sincerely appreciate your feedback. It is good to know that the work that goes into owning a small business is recognized and appreciated. I think my days as a stand-up are long past but as you said, we enjoy the banter with guests.

The discussion of TVs come up from time to time. The majority feedback we have received continues to say that people appreciate not having the distraction of TVs. They read, have conversations and enjoy one another on a level not experienced at home. We do have a lot of folks bring their iPads, etc and watch their movies, etc via our wireless internet connections.

We look forward to a future visit. Have a wonderful holiday season.

All the best,
Grace & Bob Tubbs and Staff.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

The Cedars is a beautiful B&B that totally immerses you in the local Williamsburg "flavor". The rooms are lovely. If you have orthopaedic issues you may want to choose a room on the lower floors as the stairs are quite steep. Bob is a gracious and lovely host! You are within easy walking distance of the historic area.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank OBX-Girl60
Bob-Tubbs, Owner at Cedars of Williamsburg Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Greetings OBX-Girl60,

Our sincere thanks for this glowing review. It is nice to learn that we contribute in a small ways to your having a great Williamsburg experience. As you discovered, there is much to see and do around Williamsburg from the attractions, to the wine tours, the Eco Discovery Park to the zip line/tree top adventures.

The unique aspect of the Cedars are the uniquely decorated rooms. We are glad to learn that you enjoyed the breakfast experience and that I was able to help with your experience.

We look forward to a future visit. In the meantime, have a wonderful fall and holiday season.

All the best,

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed at The Cedars in Williamsburg for a Labor Day weekend getaway. It was our first experience with a B&B so we didn't know what to expect. It was wonderful! Bob, the innkeeper, was a gracious and engaging host, who always had witty stories and knowledgeable tips about the area. Our room, the George Washington, was on the first floor right by the front door. I had read other reviews that said that it was a noisy location, being by the front door, but we found it to be very quiet and peaceful (maybe because we always got back so late in the evening!) In the morning, we heard other guests coming down the stairs to breakfast, but that was fine because it got us up and moving as well. Our room was beautifully decorated with a canopy bed and period furniture; our 19 year-old daughter especially liked her twin bed in the adjacent parlor and enjoyed having her own space. Since we were on the first floor, we were right across from the library/sitting room and the porch where breakfast is served, so we often felt like we had the whole first floor to ourselves! We also met DeeDee, the housekeeper, who is a lovely person and does a wonderful job at keeping the rooms clean. The breakfasts were delicious - cheesy eggs, berry french toast, Virginia ham, apple crisp, warm muffins - and the wonderful food was a welcome start to on our day's sightseeing. It was also in a great location - about a 1/2 mile walk to the historic area of Williamsburg. We had a lovely time and will defintely return to The Cedars!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Hi Margaret T,

We are delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed our B&B. Thanks for sharing this wonderful feedback.

Since the house is built with brick and plaster, noise is very rarely a problem anywhere on the premises. The George Washington is a very popular room for all the reasons that you stated. The only thing about that room is George used to grind his teeth at night so we occasionally find slivers in the pillows from time to time. If you do find one, they are worth something on eBay! ;-)

We are very fortunate to have this group of folks on staff. All are excellent with guests and at their jobs. Dee Dee has been with us for 8 years now and is a gem.

The very berry french toast is always a hit, one of my personal favorites. You should know we also accommodate dietary restriction and have a variety of vegan recipes as well.

We look forward to a future visit and very much appreciate your endorsement. We hope you enjoyed the photos of your stay and the Williamsburg area. The holidays is a wonderful time for a visit if your schedule allows.

Have a wonderful fall and holiday season.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Wonderful location and very charming but, its expensive for what it is.
The dixie cups in the bathroom, the very weak towels, the past their prime and werent very nice to start with sheets. Parking was also a problem as they were full.

Still, breakfast was nice, and Bob is a wonderful host.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thanks SKB217 for your review.

We appreciate your comments. Not sure what else we could do besides dixie cups that would work in bathrooms used by different people daily (after being thoroughly cleaned of course!) ;-) We are on a constant look out for worn or stained towels and sheets. I'm not sure I know what you mean by weak towels. We've spent over $500 this year alone in sheets sets and bedding. Dee Dee, our housekeeper, is very good at finding wore items in our rooms but we occasionally do miss an item or two.

We do have plenty of parking for a full house except for those rare times when someone arriving late accidentally parks in several locations. I am looking into putting little signs up but need to get approval from the town.

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the breakfast experience and I do so much enjoy the hosting.

We hope you will consider the Cedars for a future stay. In the meantime, have a wonderful fall and holiday season.

All the best.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

In historic Williamsburg, Virginia, a location unrivaled by other cities, I was able to do more than imagine an escape to the oldest and most recognized location in Virginia; I experienced Southern Hospitality beyond its finest. The Cedars of Williamsburg is ideally located conveniently within a short walk of Colonial Williamsburg and directly across the street of The College of William and Mary.
The Cedars’ architecture is picturesque and its history captivating.
The Innkeepers and Staff were incomparable gracious hosts; easy to converse with and suggestions on all levels of the area (eating, shopping, historical landmarks).
Expect a gourmet breakfast each morning in the breakfast room; great way to start a very busy and full day in Williamsburg. With a bit of whimsical Innkeeper Bob is available to take a “breakfast picture” for your scrapbook of memories. I didn’t want my picture taken the first day, but by the end of my stay I was eager to have a reminiscence to “bring home”. Not only was a picture provided, but ended up on a pamphlet of The Cedars to show “those back home”.
I made myself at home in my lovely “room for the weekend” with a private bath; delighted with the atmosphere of the nicely decorated room and exceptionally clean accommodations. I was immersed in a charismatic stress-free experience and a sensation of contentment in “just being here”. The housekeeper, DeeDee was extremely attentive to my requests and I feel went out of her way beyond than her job description.
If you are seeking exemplary hospitality and a premier location, The Cedars of Williamsburg is a legacy that I have discovered is a MUST to return to again and again. I am already making plans to return to The Cedars in the autumn. Stay once at The Cedars and you will discover why you must return again.

Room Tip: If stairs are an issue; there are three rooms in the main house and a cottage on the property that h...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Lynne6021

Hi Lynne6021,

Thanks for taking the time to write this wonderful review. It is heart-warming to hear that our efforts result in memorable experiences for our guests!

We obviously enjoy our work and it is a joy to go to work everyday to meet such interesting and diverse people from around the world. We get to more more about the world right in our breakfast room than if we were to travel! Great way to learn about the world.

We are very fortunate to have the staff we do. Dee Dee is a gem and works hard to keep us out of trouble.

We are looking forward to your fall visit. Look out, we may have to make a video of your stay! ;-)

Until the next visit, all the best.

Yours sincerely,