“Romanitic Elopement”

Ranked #6 of 21 Williamsburg B&B and Inns
South Riding, Virginia, United States
“Romanitic Elopement”
Reviewed 6 March 2013

My new husband and I are very happy with our stay at the Colonial Gardens B&B! The process for planing our elopement was very simple and everything turned out wonderful. When we arrived we were greeted with enthusiasm and shown the facilities. Karen the innkeeper did a lovely job with the flowers and made us feel very comfortable. When we returned from dinner our wedding cake and champagne were waiting for us in our room. We stayed in the azalea suite which was very spacious. There was a separate sitting room with a day bed and TV. The bed was a king and very comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was delicious although I wish we could have chosen our meal the night before. Overall we are very pleased with our stay and look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
innkeepercg, Owner at Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so happy that your special day was spent with us! Exceeding your expectations is our number one goal here at Colonial Gardens. I am glad we did just that.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Hornell, New York
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I would highly recommend this B & B. The Hostess, Karen did an absolutely fabulous job! In fact it felt as if she was part of the family. Nicky and Brad rented the whole inn for the wedding. Our family all stayed together. It was wonderful! The first night in the lanai there is a small wine refrigerator,,,,, hmmmm well several bottles later we had a great time! The rooms were superb! Jim and my room was in the front of the house upstairs and it was perfect for us it was bright and airy and very clean. When we walked into the inn we were welcomed with a friendly smile and new immediately we were going to be very comfortable. The breakfast(s) were served at 8:30 in the morning and were very pleasing to the palate. Karen made every guest feel like they were royalty. :) We plan on going back again. If you are thinking about having your wedding here, it is an excellent choice. Fabulous hostess, excellent rooms, decadent food (that tasted so very yummy) and a very kind staff throughout. Karen is an excellent wedding planner besides a hostess of the B & B. It was the whole package and Nicky & Brad had a fairytale wedding that was stress free for all of us. Absolutely a 5+ start place. Thanks Karen! :)

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your kind review. As I said to your daughter, your family was lovely to work with and I hope we extended every possible hospitality to you. Please come back and see us.
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Karen the innkeeper and her staff worked overtime to prepare for the most wonderful day I have ever had the chance to experience. My husband and I were married February 14th, 2013 and we both agreed that Karen and her crew went above and beyond our expectations... My family and I stayed for 2 nights, my husband joined us on the second night and it was comfortable and felt like home. Both morning Karen had made my family breakfast which was amazing we are all still raving about the food and attention to detail that was paid.

We can't thank Karen or her staff enough. We are spreading the word to all our friends and co-workers to let them know how wonderful everything was. We are definitely going back for our anniversary, can't wait we may go back sooner.

Room Tip: Library Room is a sweet romantic smaller room set aside from the rest of the rooms, on the 1st level...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your kind review. We were so happy to help you have the most amazing wedding day that we could offer. You, your family and guests were wonderful to have here and we only hope you come back again. Best wishes to you both!
Ocean Pines, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 21 January 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Colonial Garden for our 44th wedding anniversary and we both agreed it was fantastic. Karen, our innkeeper, prepared and served breakfasts each and every morning that were outstanding. Our room was big, very well decorated and very comfortable. Karen made us feel at home and as a result our stay was most relaxing. We will return.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks you so much for your kind review. Ron and I are thrilled that your anniversary weekend was a success. We wish you many more to celebrate. Hope to see you again.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Colonial Gardens is a delightful B&B. My wife and I went for New Year's and were very pleased. The B&B is just down the road from the sights of Colonial Williamsburg and accessible to many nearby restaurants. But it's also a great retreat - a house just off the road, but it feels like you're tucked away. Our room (Primrose) was cozy and comfortable, with a fireplace and DVD player. It was hard getting up for the 8:30 breakfast, but fun to meet the other guests and to enjoy the gourmet food. We also liked the enclosed porch at the back, which had some great teas (that we're going to buy on our own) and a wine fridge that you could pay just $10 and take a bottle. Colonial Gardens is a great value!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
innkeepercg, Owner at Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 4 January 2013
Ed,

I truly appreciate you choosing us to ring in the New Year! It was a pleasure to have you and your wife here with us for a relaxing retreat. Thank you for sharing some pertinent information with others about our amenities. I hope you'll keep us in mind any time the two of you need a weekend getaway. We'd be thrilled to see you again.

Wishing you the best in the New Year,

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 21 November 2012

What a great getaway, Karen is warm and wecoming, she made us feel at home. The food was wonderful, and the Primrose room was amazing. My wife and I loved it and will come back for another quick escapade. Thank you so much !!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
innkeepercg, Owner at Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
Horacio,

It was an honor to have you and your wife here celebrate a great first year together! I'm glad the two of you enjoyed yourselves. You're welcome back any time you want to celebrate another momentous occasion, or just need a weekend getaway. Thank you for the fantastic review, and here's to many more happy years together.

All the best,

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Colonial Gardens was a wonderful experience. We stayed in the Library which was very cozy. It may be a little loud for sume but we thought that was part of its charm. We felt we were truly at someone's home. Karen, the owner, was a lot of fun and very much seemed to enjoy inter-acting with her guests. She is also a great cook. I would recommend Colonial Gardens to anyone.

Room Tip: The Library room was downstairs just off the front door. It you want less noise, you may want to st...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
innkeepercg, Owner at Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 1 November 2012
I'm very happy to hear that you truly enjoyed the charm and atmosphere here! I really want it to be a unique and memorable experience where you can relax and have a great time. Interacting with guests is one of my favorite aspects of being the owner, and it's great to hear that you loved the food too. Come see us again any time you need a lovely getaway. Thank you for the kind review.

Take care,