“Beyond My Expectations!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 23 Williamsburg B&B and Inns
“Beyond My Expectations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

My husband and i decided to get married in April 4,2013. Being from New Jersey, I was skeptical about having a destination wedding and how it would turn out; but Karen made the process all two easy and absolutely memorable! Karen captured exactly what we had envisioned the wedding to be which I was completely awe-stricken by since we only met once before the wedding and conversed briefly! What struck me the most is that she listened and successfully executed every single detail we requested plus more - that alone was priceless service. From the ceremony service and the food to the ambiance and genuine hospitality - everything was superb and memorable for myself, my husband, our son and our mothers. Thank you Karen and Eunice for make this one of the best memories ever!

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
innkeepercg, Owner at Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so glad to have made your wedding day a success and special. We look forward to hosting you both again in the future as you celebrate many anniversaries.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Spring Lake, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

I ended up booking this B&B last minute after I found out I would be able to come home from Korea a bit earlier than expected due to a last minute work related trip. My husband and I stayed in the lovely Rhododendron suite while my dad stayed in the Library room. The suite is spacious and nicely appointed. The bathrooms are on the functional side but everything works nicely and there is plenty of hot water.

The B&B is lovely and the owners are very friendly and helpful. Karen promptly gave us a tour of the house and gave us a map of the area, although it is really easy to get around. The house is centrally located but is a bit of a hike if you want to walk to down town Williamsburg but some what doable if you have the energy for it (we didn't after our long days of walking around). Breakfast was great and I looked forward to getting up each morning to enjoy it. Top notch chef! The owners have a sweet geriatric (still able to kill a squirrel though) kitty as well but he stays in their living area not in the guest area however, he can be spotted in the kitchen on occasion.

This B&B is perfect for couples or small groups of friends looking to enjoy Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, and Busch Gardens.

Room Tip: The Library room is the "loudest" (it is right by the door but my dad slept fine) and ther...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Poncho99
Thank you so much for your kind review. We were happy to host you and your husband along with your father for this mini reunion from your station in Korea. As retired Military folk we understand the need to connect with family while deployed. . we are so glad we were able to accommodate all of you and provide a pleasant atmosphere for retreat. Stay safe on the back end of your deployment.
South Riding, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

My new husband and I are very happy with our stay at the Colonial Gardens B&B! The process for planing our elopement was very simple and everything turned out wonderful. When we arrived we were greeted with enthusiasm and shown the facilities. Karen the innkeeper did a lovely job with the flowers and made us feel very comfortable. When we returned from dinner our wedding cake and champagne were waiting for us in our room. We stayed in the azalea suite which was very spacious. There was a separate sitting room with a day bed and TV. The bed was a king and very comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was delicious although I wish we could have chosen our meal the night before. Overall we are very pleased with our stay and look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so happy that your special day was spent with us! Exceeding your expectations is our number one goal here at Colonial Gardens. I am glad we did just that.
Hornell, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

I would highly recommend this B & B. The Hostess, Karen did an absolutely fabulous job! In fact it felt as if she was part of the family. Nicky and Brad rented the whole inn for the wedding. Our family all stayed together. It was wonderful! The first night in the lanai there is a small wine refrigerator,,,,, hmmmm well several bottles later we had a great time! The rooms were superb! Jim and my room was in the front of the house upstairs and it was perfect for us it was bright and airy and very clean. When we walked into the inn we were welcomed with a friendly smile and new immediately we were going to be very comfortable. The breakfast(s) were served at 8:30 in the morning and were very pleasing to the palate. Karen made every guest feel like they were royalty. :) We plan on going back again. If you are thinking about having your wedding here, it is an excellent choice. Fabulous hostess, excellent rooms, decadent food (that tasted so very yummy) and a very kind staff throughout. Karen is an excellent wedding planner besides a hostess of the B & B. It was the whole package and Nicky & Brad had a fairytale wedding that was stress free for all of us. Absolutely a 5+ start place. Thanks Karen! :)

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your kind review. As I said to your daughter, your family was lovely to work with and I hope we extended every possible hospitality to you. Please come back and see us.
Newport News, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

Karen the innkeeper and her staff worked overtime to prepare for the most wonderful day I have ever had the chance to experience. My husband and I were married February 14th, 2013 and we both agreed that Karen and her crew went above and beyond our expectations... My family and I stayed for 2 nights, my husband joined us on the second night and it was comfortable and felt like home. Both morning Karen had made my family breakfast which was amazing we are all still raving about the food and attention to detail that was paid.

We can't thank Karen or her staff enough. We are spreading the word to all our friends and co-workers to let them know how wonderful everything was. We are definitely going back for our anniversary, can't wait we may go back sooner.

Room Tip: Library Room is a sweet romantic smaller room set aside from the rest of the rooms, on the 1st level...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your kind review. We were so happy to help you have the most amazing wedding day that we could offer. You, your family and guests were wonderful to have here and we only hope you come back again. Best wishes to you both!
Ocean Pines, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Colonial Garden for our 44th wedding anniversary and we both agreed it was fantastic. Karen, our innkeeper, prepared and served breakfasts each and every morning that were outstanding. Our room was big, very well decorated and very comfortable. Karen made us feel at home and as a result our stay was most relaxing. We will return.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks you so much for your kind review. Ron and I are thrilled that your anniversary weekend was a success. We wish you many more to celebrate. Hope to see you again.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

Colonial Gardens is a delightful B&B. My wife and I went for New Year's and were very pleased. The B&B is just down the road from the sights of Colonial Williamsburg and accessible to many nearby restaurants. But it's also a great retreat - a house just off the road, but it feels like you're tucked away. Our room (Primrose) was cozy and comfortable, with a fireplace and DVD player. It was hard getting up for the 8:30 breakfast, but fun to meet the other guests and to enjoy the gourmet food. We also liked the enclosed porch at the back, which had some great teas (that we're going to buy on our own) and a wine fridge that you could pay just $10 and take a bottle. Colonial Gardens is a great value!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
innkeepercg, Owner at Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 4 January 2013
Ed,

I truly appreciate you choosing us to ring in the New Year! It was a pleasure to have you and your wife here with us for a relaxing retreat. Thank you for sharing some pertinent information with others about our amenities. I hope you'll keep us in mind any time the two of you need a weekend getaway. We'd be thrilled to see you again.

Wishing you the best in the New Year,