“Excellent place to stay”

Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 21 Williamsburg B&B and Inns
Suffolk, Virginia, USA
“Excellent place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here after our wedding and we had a great stay. The innkeeper, Karen had great hospitality and made sure everything was great. The room was well appointed, large yet cozy and the breakfast was tasty. The house and grounds were beautiful and decorated for Christmas.

In setting up our package, Karen was easy to work with and responded quickly to e-mail questions, etc.

The only item of concern is the limited parking and the difficulty of backing out onto busy Jamestown Road in Williamsburg. However, don't let that keep you from staying at this nice little B&B.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
innkeepercg, Owner at Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review! Ron and I are so glad you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed for four nights at the Colonial Gardens in early October. It is an ideal base for visiting Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown and the surrounding area. The rooms are extremely comfortable and well-furnished, and Karen's hospitality could not be faulted. Hot and cold drinks and snacks were always available in the sun room, and we thoroughly enjoyed the home-cooked breakfasts. We would certainly stay again if we were in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind review! We had such a nice time getting to know all four of you. We also are going to take you up on the tickets to the antique show when we get to your side of the pond this year!
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

My fiance and I were looking for a simple yet elegant experience for our wedding and we found it at Colonial Gardens. Our host (and wedding planner) Karen was phenomenal! We booked the elopement package and she took care of everything for us from arranging the officiant, personally making my bouquet and baking us a beautiful and delicious cake. We stayed in the Rhododendron Suit, a lovely, spacious room on the second floor. Decor was Victorian and very romantic. Breakfast each morning was a treat and the Kona Coffee she serves is amazing. The Inn is very conveniently located to Historic Williamsburg & Jamestown as well as an abundance of nice restaurants and shopping. Thank you Karen for making our day one we will never forget!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind review! I can not tell you how happy we are that we were able to make your wedding a memorable and romantic experience, we want everyone always to remember it that way. We look forward to anniversary visits!
Midland, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Visited Williamsburg during my daughter's fall college break with my mother (and daughter). The stay at Colonial Gardens B&B was excellent! We had the Rhododendron suite--which was perfect for three people. Nice linens, comfortable beds, robes, slippers, etc. Definitely a first class experience.
The B&B was easy to find and centrally located for our visits to Jamestown and Williamsburg.
The breakfast--
The owner (Karen) is an amazing chef--breakfast each morning was very good. Served with class on china with silver.
Karen also gave us good recommendations for dining options, as well as pointing us in the right direction for attractions that were open (some things were closed due to the federal government shut down)
We enjoyed briefly (seeing) Shadow- the B&B's 18+ year old cat.
Overall experience was great. Would recommend to a friend and would stay here again if travels take me to the area again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your kind review! We really enjoyed you gals while you we're here and we hope you will come back and see us when the government is not shut down so we can show you everything Williamsburg has to offer!
Lillington, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

I prefer B&Bs over chain hotels any day and while traveling on business, I opted for the charming Colonial Gardens B&B. Honestly, I was looking at another B&B but when I talked to Karen (the owner), I knew immediately there wasn't anywhere else I would stay not only on the business trip, but any time I am visiting Williamsburg and I am definitely returning! Thank you so much for the warm hospitality, cozy room, and genuine company! I cannot wait to visit Williamsburg and the Colonial Gardens B&B again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you Shari! It was really nice meeting someone from my neck of the woods....can not wait for your return to Colonial Gardens B&B
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

This was my first B and B, and I may never go back to staying at boring, regular, impersonal hotels again! The innkeeper (Karen) picked me up from the train station, which was such a nice thing to do. I had the Library Room, which was decorated very nicely and had a ton of books I could enjoy. I loved that room! There were many options I could choose to get to Colonial Williamsburg (walk, bus, trolley, taxi). The breakfasts were fabulous, homemade creations in just the right portions, with great variety. I don't like to get up early and don't eat breakfast, but I didn't want to miss seeing Karen and partaking of her delicious cooking. She gave me a great tip on a ghost tour in the Revolutionary City where they take you inside the properties instead of the ones that just walk around the neighborhood. This is also my first Trip Advisor review, because I want everyone to know that Karen and Ron are the best ever! :D

Room Tip: The Library Room is fun to stay in and you can entertain yourself with their book collection in ther...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Joanne V
Thank you for your kind review! It was a pleasure to get to know you while you we're here and I am so glad you had a nice time. Come back anytime Joanne.
Milford, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

The Colonial Gardens was our best bed and breakfast experience ever! Karen was very welcoming and hospitable. The (library) room was very cozy, especially for me, as a professor. My wife loved everything about our stay, especially Karen's hospitality. Our whole stay made our trip to Colonial Williamsburg a wonderful experience. We will definitely return to Colonial Gardens!

Room Tip: the library room, where we stayed, was very cozy!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind review! We are so glad you enjoyed the Library room so much, although it is our coziest room, many folks adore it!