“Barkery Rocks!”
Review of The Hound's Tale

The Hound's Tale
Ranked #25 of 430 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Reviewed 27 June 2018

I had lunch at The Barkery - offshoot of The Hound's Tale - today. I ordered caprese salad and half dozen oysters on the half shell. The oysters were HUGE and delicious, and the caprese salad was also excellent - lots of fresh tomatoes and greens to complement the mozzarella. The people in the restaurant were extremely friendly! They offered to let me try a mini ice cream sandwich (yumm) and part of a fresh-baked croissant.

I will definitely return with my family - great place!

3  Thank BodieMoose

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

The decor is awesomely dog themed, which my kids loved, and the place is nice but not stuffy. The kid's meals had an actually healthy option (organic chicken with potatoes and peas!) that I really appreciated and that my little one just loved. They also have the usual kid fare, too, including a hotdog that looked pretty appetizing for a hot dog.

They have fancy signature cocktails and a large selection of beers (local and microbrews), which make dining with the kids FAR more enjoyable.

The service was great, with everyone pitching in to get the food out, and the food was outstanding. Best of all, for the quality of the food, no sticker shock when the bill came - this was easily the best and most reasonably priced meal of our whole vacation.

Two paws up for The Hound's Tale!

1  Thank travelwithtwointow
Reviewed 21 June 2018

Took a dinner group here from our conference. Awesome food, the duck was great with so many flavors coming together. Staff was attentive and able to work with our unique billing needs.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

We had reservations but had to wait over 30 minutes for an available table. The server was nice, but mixed up some orders. There are some nice items on the menu, but we ate at several spots in the same historic area and enjoyed them more.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

I can’t say enough good things about this place. First off the food was fantastic! I had the Fried Brussels Sprouts which wasn’t anything like I’ve had before. Small plate but very filling. I also had the Currywurst. Brats stuffed with cheese in a curry sauce (not swimming in the sauce) over caramelized onions. My husband got the sirloin steak over Brussels sprout hash. Again the food was excellent and our server was top notch. The place is small but the decor is all “dog” themed but classy. While you are looking at the menu they bring popcorn in a ceramic dog bowl. LOL It was a very popular place so if you go during peak tourist season then make reservations.