“More like a Marriott - beautiful”

Holiday Inn Winchester Southeast-Historic Gateway
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Reviewed 24 April 2012

The design and newness of this H.I. were quite surprising when I walked into the lobby. Very spacious and upscale looking. Loved the indoor pool - good sized for exercising. We didn't eat in the restaurant but friends did and said it was fine. Room was clean and spacious and this hotel is easy to get to and convenient to attractions. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Heather P, Manager at Holiday Inn Winchester Southeast-Historic Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2012

I am very happy to know that you like the new look of Holiday Inn! The brand has really made great efforts to stay current and competitive! I will let our staff know to keep up the great job as they work hard to keep the hotel looking fresh and clean. Thank you for your kind remarks and I hope that you can stay with us again!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Winchester Southeast-Historic Gateway

Reviewed 23 April 2012

We picked out this hotel through Tripadvisor and were not disappointed. Stayed here just one night on our way north from FL with a planned stop the next morning at the Antietam Battlefield about an hour north of Winchester. Nice room, reasonable rate. After being on the road all day, we opted to eat both dinner and breakfast at the hotel and food was quite acceptable. Would certainly stop here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

It is wonderful to see that your stay met your expectations after reading our reviews, and then you were so kind as to add your own review! The drive up to Antietam is filled with beautiful countryside, mountains, and crossing the Potomac at Harper's Ferry is a sight! We are very fortunate to be surrounded by so many historic battlefields and that you were able to experience one of them!

Reviewed 22 April 2012

This hotel can be very busy but the staff is professional and pleasant - top notch, in other words.. We stayed here two nights in November so we could explore the Luray Caverns and one night in April. The November stay was excellent - room was quiet, clean, comfortable and well appointed. There is a restaurant in the hotel which is ok. Also a Costco and a Cracker Barrel nearby.
April stay - We had a bit of a glitch at check in - reservation was not quite what I wanted but Dee made it right and we enjoyed our stay. Would stay again when in this area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the hotel away from the Pike.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your very kind remarks of our hotel and staff! No matter how busy we can get, I am happy to know that guests still feel that individual attention they deserve! I will pass on your wonderful comments to the staff so that they may keep up the great work! We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time!

Reviewed 20 April 2012

I stayed here two nights on business. My room was much larger than I expected and was well kept and very clean (this property is only about 3 years old). My bed was comfortable and there was also a comfortable chair and desk, small refrigerator and microwave and a coffeemaker for single cups. There was a good sized closet with plenty of hangers too. The free Internet connection was fast (unlike the Courtyard I had just left). I found the hotel staff to be friendly and helpful. There is a small restaurant and bar in the hotel. The wait staff were friendly and fairly efficient and the food offerings decent. In particular, they did a great job of getting breakfasts for our large group served quickly. There is a smallish gym and pool which I unfortunately did not have a chance to try. The location is within comfortable walking distance of a number of other restaurants (Texas Steak House, Golden Corral) and stores.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank GeorgeRex

Your pictures of the hotel are excellent and look very professional! Thank you for adding them to TripAdvisor for others to view as they make an excellent addition! I am pleased that we were able to meet your expectations. Your detailed review is very much appreciated, and I hope that we will see you again!

Reviewed 30 March 2012

I like everything about this hotel. It's very impressive. Nice decor. Comfortable bed. I slept good . front desk was very accomadating. I didn't have a reseravation. Very clean and quiet place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2012
Heather P, Manager at Holiday Inn Winchester Southeast-Historic Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Thank you for the very kind comments on our hotel. We strive to be the best for our guests, and I am very happy to see that we continue to have satisfied customers. I hope that you will stay with us again the next time you visit Winchester!

Reviewed 23 February 2012

We were driving from Boston to Orlando and this was our midway stop. Needed a clean cheap place to stay for 4 (2 adults and 2 kids), Hotel was only $67 for a last minute reservation on the i-phone 1 hour earlier. Hotel seems new. Very comfortable double queen beds with frig and microwave in room. It had an indoor pool, small gym and business area but we didn't use any of it.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
BillKnowles, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winchester Southeast-Historic Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Dear traveling_mom_Boston,

Thank you so much for staying with us on your trip to Florida. We appreciate the wonderful comments about our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again on your way back to Boston.

We strive for excellence everyday and I will pass on your comments to our staff.

Thanks again for staying with us

Regards,

Bill Knowles

Reviewed 4 February 2012

I just had another wonderful stay at the Hoildaiy Inn Gateway in Winchester VA. I had a wonderful two night stay with all the service in the world. I also took advantage of the beautiful indoor pool.
Once again this hotel lives up to my cleanliness standards and service. Thumbs up>>>>>

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Chuck K
BillKnowles, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winchester Southeast-Historic Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

Hi again Chuck K,

We feel very honored that you continue to stay with us and we are very happy to hear that everytime you stay with us it gets better and better.

Please let me know when you will be returning again so I can personally greet you.

Thanks again for all the wonderful comments.

Regards,