“I love Trip Advisor!”

Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Morristown, New Jersey
“I love Trip Advisor!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Driving down to Virginia, we knew we couldn't make it to our normal B&B, so on the way I was browsing on my phone for a place to stay...This Holiday Inn sounded really good in the reviews on Trip Advisor. But I couldn't get the internet on the phone to connect for a reservation, and calling got me the main country-wide service. I did make a reservation, however upon arrival, the room was not ideal. There was another room, a king available, and A.J. the clerk, was fantastic and switched us to that room. The rooms and hall and common areas were spotless and the employees were so happy and helpful. The amenities were just wonderful, the bed so comfortable, like sleeping on a cloud. Free coffee in the lobby in the morning, my favorite thing! The non smoking part of it all was great also. Very quiet air conditioning, spacious room...I will stay there again as it is a perfect stopping point.

Room Tip: We were not so far from the elevator, but the way the elevators are situated, we heard nothing from...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
BartlettJ64, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Winchester Southeast-Historic Gateway, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Hello viaggiatrice333,

It is fulfilling to know that you had a wonderful time with us. Thank you for giving us your business and the opportunity to provide you accommodation at best value you can only find in Holiday Inn. We appreciate your time in sharing your experience and taking notes of our effort to provide a welcoming and comfortable place for all of our guests to stay, clean and quiet room to lay your back after a long drive. AJ would really be happy to know of your comments on customer service.

Thank you for your business and we hope to have you again real soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
New Hampshire
Reviewed 6 July 2014

While traveling I-81, my wife and I needed a place to spend the night. We hopped on TripAdvisor and picked this hotel based on good recent reviews and a favorable internet rate, and we were not disappointed. Contrary to other recent reviews, or perhaps because of them, we found the entire hotel is non-smoking, and (decent) coffee is available in the lobby in the morning and via single-serve brewers in rooms. The hotel appears recently updated, with a spacious, well-lit, tiled lobby. Our room was relatively large for the class, appeared meticulously clean, and had a mini-fridge and microwave. Our king bed was extremely comfortable and supportive, with down pillows. The bathroom featured granite counters, updated fixtures and a very nice shower with excellent water pressure. Plenty of parking is available, and there is an on-site restaurant (that we did not try). Just down the road (522 or Front Royal Pike) are several eateries, including the IHOP we hit for breakfast, making this a great, easy-on-and-off location for travelers on Interstate 81 (and not far from 66). Highly recommended for a comfortable stay at a very reasonable (in our opinion) rate. The only negative element at all was the fire alarm went off at 10 am this morning (while finishing in the shower), apparently due to a toast fire in the restaurant... At least now we know it works!

Room Tip: Select a room away from the elevator, and on the west-facing side if you wish to sleep late.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
BartlettJ64, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Winchester Southeast-Historic Gateway, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Hello MadSkiers,

We would like to thank you and your wife for choosing to stay in our hotel. I am pleased to know that you had a comfortable stay in the room assigned to you. Our team sincerely appreciate your time in sharing your experience during your stay, detailing our recent updates in our place and your satisfaction with the quality of clean that our team is working very hard to maintain. Please know that we will do our best to offer our guests value services as we want to have consistent business with all of our guests.
I am glad that you personally find our rate reasonable and most of all, thank you for sharing that the our fire alarm really works! (I apologize for the inconvenience though)
Franklinton, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I recently stayed here on our way home from New York. The location was good -convenient to highways and near restaurants. Stay was friendly and check-in quick. There was an onsite restaurant but we didn't use it. The only negative thing was there was no "free" breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
BartlettJ64, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Winchester Southeast-Historic Gateway, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Hello travelnut1008,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay in our hotel. I am glad that you were satisfied with our services. I will bring your concern to our management regarding breakfast so that they can look into the matter. Being a full serviced hotel, breakfast is not included in our service nevertheless, I will accelerate this matter for evaluation. I hope we could have another opportunity of having your business.
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

A late check-in for an overnight stay when tired from a long drive. The front desk was efficient and courteous. The room was clean. The problem was that although it was a non-smoking room there was so much cigarette smoke in the entire hallway, with other guests smoking in the hall, the room was engulfed in the smell of smoke for the entire night. We had to turn off the ac unit because it was drawing in the air from the hallway through gaps between the door and doorframe. We hardly slept and our clothes smelled of smoke for much of the next day's drive. The low score is for that reason.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JMG44
Hello JMG44,

Please accept my apologies on behalf of the team for the discomfort you experienced caused by the smell of smoke in the hallway and coming in to your room. I will bring this matter to our management so that this will be addressed and handled differently as soon as possible. We will do our best to offer you improved accommodation in your next visit. Thank you for bringing your concern to our attention.
huntsville, al
Reviewed 28 June 2014

A well run hotel. Staffed with knowledgeable and helpful people. The place was very clean, public as well as private areas. I asked for and received a room far away from any possible elevator noise and it was perfect. All aspects of the room, floors, walls, carpets, bath were as near spotless as one can get. It had all the amenities except the refrigerator did not have a freezer compartment. This necessitated me having to have the hotel store my artificial ice in their restaurant freezer and of course retrieve it for our use. A minor inconvenience which the hotel staff worked to successfully resolve. All in all a very good stay. We'll stay there again, another time.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevator are near noiseless.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
BartlettJ64, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Winchester Southeast-Historic Gateway, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Hello mccool547,

Thank you for your time in sharing your experience and your satisfaction with our customer support team. Please know that we value each of our guest’s business and we are working very closely to provide the best possible services that we can give. Your positive feedback certainly will be an additional inspiration for us to continue on pursuing for excellence. Thank you for making Holiday Inn your choice of hotel. We hope you will come stay with us again soon.
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We (two adults, two children under 5 yrs) stayed here for one night to break up a road trip. Booked the previous day for a very reasonable price online. Check-in was remarkably fast and easy. We had a quiet, clean, and modern room. Bathroom was clean and in top condition. Easy free parking. We were pleasantly surprised at how good this hotel was for the price. Would stay again when passing through Winchester.

Stayed May 2014
Hello jmc00jmc,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us. We are very pleased to know that we have sufficed your expectations and you enjoyed your stay. Your positive review for our services is an added motivation for us to continue on working closely to be able to maintain the quality of accommodation you deserve for giving us your business.
woodstock, illinois
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

We spent one night here. I have not stay in holiday inn since I was a kid. Its a nice hotel. Beds were extremely comfy, spacious room, good water pressure, pool was nice. My only complaint is no coffee in the morning before I left at 10:30 and no continental breakfast. You have to go to their restaurant even for coffee, I could have stayed in a nice hotel near there and had free coffee and breakfast of some sort and paid the same or less.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bren M
Hello Mr. Bren,

Thank you for making Holiday Inn you choice of hotel. I am glad that we have successfully provided your lodging needs in our hotel. I will bring your concerns about breakfast to our management for evaluation. I assure you that they will look carefully into this matter. I hope we could have another opportunity of having your business again soon.