“A great motel at great price” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
nyc
“A great motel at great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

The staff are professional and friendly. It has a great outdoor pool, a small exercise room inside. The rooms have all been renovated and nice. The internet connection is good (but not excellent), and improving. There is a Denny's restaurant that can be accessed through the lobby of this hotel! Real comfortable. The hotel gets totally booked up most of the time. It seems they get a lot of regulars. It is just off the ramp from I-81, but amazingly you never hear the traffic AT ALL. I guess that is because of the way the hills are formed around it. I have been to this motel many many times because of its great value, location, cleanliness and nice staff.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the rear side are quieter. Since there are no elevators, make sue to reserve the fi...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank jackpotnyc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2011

We were traveling w/o reservations and having difficulty finding a room for the night. We called from the interstate. The desk clerk informed us there were no nonsmoking rooms left and agreed to hold one for us. He even gave us a $10 dollar discount since we wanted a nonsmoking room.

Upon arrival, he gave me keys to all the available rooms and allowed me to pick one. So overall great staff.

The room had signs of considerable wear and tear. The bedding was adequate.

Not getting in until late we did not get up in time to try the free breakfast. It stops at 9 AM -- even on Sunday.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Ray K
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

Driving cross country in a 27 ft truck, towing my car, I was exhausted and in need of a room. After calling nearly 20 hotels (all sold out), Melissa answered the phone and told me she had a non-smoking room with two double beds. I asked about the parking situation since I had such a big truck. She reassured me that there was plenty of room for me. When I pulled into the parking lot, she was out front waiting for me and showed me where I could leave the truck - talk about going above and beyond!. The room was beautiful and I slept like a baby. If I am ever in the area again, this will be the only hotel I will stay at. Not because of the nice room or value, but because the staff - Melissa in particular - truly cares about the guest. She truly made me feel like this was my "home away from home".

Room Tip: Exceptional customer service!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank kathyrubinx2
Woonsocket, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

It was nice to arrive at this hotel to a friendly staff member, Donald, he was friendly and helpful. Thank you! The room was very quiet and clean. I have in the past paid a lot more and was not satisfied. After a long road trip, it was nice to have a friendly face and a great place to stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank ElizabethM48
Boston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

We stopped at a Virginia rest area and got a coupon book containing a good discount for the Winchester Comforrt Inn, better even than the AAA discount since we were traveling on a Tuesday.

The hotel is right off the interstate ramp and has two 2-story wings. We were in the wing closest to the highway -- perhaps the coupon gets you the booby prize room because we could hear the tractor trailers non-stop throughout the night climbing the hill or braking down the ramp. There was also a train that came through every hour that insisted on blowing its horn.

Other than the noise, the room was comfortable with neutral styling and comfortable beds. There was plenty of room and the AC worked fine (though I'd have liked it to be even louder to drown out the highway). The room was nice and clean and the ice and vending machines worked fine.

The TV was a CRT model, but worked fine and all the stations came in great.

The bathrooms were above average. Large shower with bump-out curtain. The shower head gave plentiful hot water and I couldn't hear my neighbors' showers. The toilet worked fine, and the bathroom was overall very clean.

My kids tried to use the pool, but said the bottom had leaves and stuff in it so they refused to go in.

The breakfast was OK, though they only serve until 9 so you have to be an early riser.

If you are heading North, make sure to fill your tank with gas as the price 5 miles north jumps 20 cents a gallon as you enter West Virginia and then Maryland.

As I packed the car, I counted the trucks passing by. There was an 18-wheeler every 5 seconds. Very busy trucking spot.

The staff was friendly and if this motel were teleported a quarter mile away I might haved rated it much higher. But if I'm back in the area I'm staying elsewhere where I can sleep through the night.

Room Tip: Stay away from the highway ramp
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Chris B
Somerset
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

Decent room for the price, and very accommodating staff. Our location was very close to the stairwell, but the noise bothered only a bit. Biggest problem was the AC compressor kept switching off and on all night, making for very troubled sleep. Also the shower was very difficult to adjust. Room appeared to be very clean. Breakfast was fine, and when I headed back after hours for more coffee, the staff was very helpful. Parking was adequate. We did not try the outdoor pool, but definitely appreciated it.

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NJTeacherJen
Montreal, QC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

We paid 89$ for our stay here. The staff was friendly, breakfast was included. The room was nice and clean. Definitely worth it for the price.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple