“Great place for those with a dog”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We spent the night there on our way to NJ from NC. The staff is very friendly. When the lady at the front desk found out we had a dog with us, she moved us from an upstairs room to a first floor room near a door to make it easy to walk our dog. They a decent complimentary breakfast with scrambled eggs, bacon, grits, oatmeal, fruit, fruit juices with various breads and yogurt. They coffee available throughout the day and night. The hotel is located close to numerous good restaurants. We decided to book a room there for our return trip.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Kerry F, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay with us. These words tell us what we are doing right, and how we can improve to make our guests stay a memorable experience. We want our guest to return again while traveling thru Winchester, so we will do what we can to make all remember us.
Thanks again, and hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Great hotel. Very trucker friendly. Great staff and management. Very clean and comfortable for longer stays. Maids make sure that you have everything needed. Rooms have microwaves and refrigerators that are so clean they seem new. If you are traveling to this area I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014
Kerry F, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You for such nice words about your stay. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay since it was an unexpected and longer than you planned. I'm glad to hear that my staff and I took care of your needs and made your stay a pleasant one.
Please think of us in the future during your travels thru Winchester, VA

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We were traveling when the storm hit on March 2-4. Stayed here because we had stayed at a Comfort Inn in Harrisonburg on our trip to Florida and had only good things to say about it. Very comfortable beds and great pillows. Check in and out was very quick and easy. Breakfast was delicious. Eggs, bacon, etc one morning and eggs, sausage, etc the second. Had only planned to stay one night but the ice and snow made our decision to stay a second night an easy one. Attached Denny's was a plus. Didn't even have to go outside the hotel in the snow and cold. They had coffee and tea in the lobby, but my wife really wanted some hot chocolate. The gentleman who was shoveling went into the breakfast room and gave me two packets for her. It's things like that, that make a difference. The entire staff was very pleasant. Had one problem with a discount coupon that we had a check in that didn't show up on the bill It was taken care of immediately. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. My staff and I strive for kind words like you shared. It makes all of our jobs more worthwhile when a guest has a nice stay. We definelty agree the "little things" does count toward making your experience a memorable one.

Kerry Fulton
GM
Comfort Inn. Winchester, VA
540-667-8894

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Clean both grounds common areas and our room. We stayed in room 104. Large well appointed with tasteful decor. In good condition. The room was very clean, the bath was spotless. Furnishings were comfortable and accommodating. The bed was clean and crisp. The sheet comforter layering was excellent. Pillows plentiful and of good quality. Towels fresh and fluffy. Hvac worked well. Check inn was quick and easy as was check out. Staff very professional and friendly. I believe it was the owner or manager who was also present at the desk during busy check in and check hours. He was there to greet and welcome. He wanted to ensure satisfaction. This man has excellent business strategy. It pays off. We travel with a german shepherd and I will not allow my dog to lay down anyplace that I feel I would not sleep in. We did not have the hot breakfast but judging by the dare and quality of the rest of the hotel I have no doubt ut was very good. Denny's restaurant is attached and made for a convenient evening meal. I will give this hotel 5 stars in its class. Clean, quiet, safe, well furnished and PET FRIENDLY. A winning combination.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 104 to 120 bank excellent for pets for easy outside access
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Wow, You made the owner, the staff and my day, week, month, etc...Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words, and yes that was the owner who was helping at front desk, as you can tell, he is very involved in the business which I think shows..

Kerry Fulton
GM
Comfort Inn. Winchester, VA
540-667-8894

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I arrived in the dreadful Arctic Vortex storm of January 2014. The hotel and my room were warm. Check-in was no fuss and quick.

I did not mention it as I did not have time but there is a bit of paint peel in the shower. It was just a contrast from all the other nice things in the hotel that this little issue was a distraction.

TV is an upgrade over the older versions. It is an older almost flat TV screen but some of the stations were not as clear as others.

Food was good in the morning.

All the staff was friendly and cheerful.

I will stay here again if I pass this way again.

Plenty of gas stations , restaurants next to the hotel. This hotel was just off the southbound exit of Rte 81. When you are tired you don't want to be driving around trying to find a hotel.

Bed was great. I got a sound sleep and was not disturbed by any activity outside or inside the hotel.

Room Tip: Lots of food, restaurant, beer, soda snack shops nearby. Denny's is a quick brief walk if you wa...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Kerry F, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this survey with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

The rooms are very clean ..and the staff what can I say Donald & Tiffany and EVERYONE else was WONDERFUL !! We were having a rough trip ..Stayed for two days and it was the best two days of the trip ! Best Hotel experience I have ever had ..

Room Tip: Wonderful place to stay
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Kerry F, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Thank you so very much for your kind words. Its always great to hear our guests are happy and satisfied after staying with us.

Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

Nice, clean, friendly staff. Had to stay here for 3 nights, including Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Was quiet, rooms are nice and comfortable beds. Nice tv, working mini fridge and microwave. They do offer the complimentary breakfast but I did not eat it, because there is a Dennys connected to the hotel via a door in the lobby very convenient. Has 2 clean washers and 2 dryers use the bottom dryer the top doesn't dry all that great. Got a very good rate on the room with a coupon from the hotel coupon book I picked up at the rest area. My only complaint from my entire stay was the shower, no water pressure with that dinky little shower head. Other than that I would give it a 5..

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Kerry F, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey serves as our report card and we are striving for straight "A's". We will take care of that shower head that kept us from getting a perfect score and thank you for letting us know.