All reviews barn door cookies room was clean busy area outdoor pool visit family staff was friendly the breakfast area complimentary breakfast excellent stay easy access oatmeal front desk staff up to date great place to stay would definitely stay here again fresh fruit
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Good hotel, not too much to comment.
Room is small but comfortable enough.
Abtypical Hampton Inn, no surprises expected, in the best sense.
Very nice people, particularly during breakfast, that as all Hampton Inns is incuded and nice.

Date of stay: June 2012
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 25 May 2012

My name is Gus Harika, my family and I have been staying at this Hampton Inn every time we came up to see our daughter Nadia, who was attending Shenandoh University. We loved this hotel for it's location,great service,cleanliness and great breakfast.Last week we came for graduation, and after we went back home,I realized I have lost my late Dad's gold ring in the room where we were staying,and I was very upset. When I called the next day,I talked to a young lady named Eliza,and she promised to look and call back.I never thought I would see that ring again,but Eliza went back to our room,found the ring,and called me back,then went to the post office,boxed,insured, and mailed it back to me.Then 2 days later called again to make sure I received it.I offered her some money but she wouldn't accept. Nowadays, that's honesty!!!
Thank you Eliza! Thank you Hampton Inn! We will be back soon to see you at apple picking in the fall.

Room tip: We usually book connecting rooms for our family, normally rooms 225 and 227, and we like that a lot!
1  Thank Gus H
Reviewed 10 May 2012

This Hampton Inn is in a very central location, adjacent to E Jubal Early Drive and Highway 17 (which has truck traffic) near the Apple Blossom Mall and Shenandoah University. I stayed for two nights and it is an okay place to stay, for me there is more truck downshifting and vehicle noise than I would like. I typically stay in Hotels that are set back further from the busy roads. The bed was somewhat comfy and the duvet cover was fresh and clean. I did notice the carpet felt sticky in the corner by the window. The room had a microwave and refridgerator and flat screen TV and the high tech door key was activated by waving the key near the lock. They had the standard Hampton Inn Good Morning breakfast. The staff was friendly and for an older Hampton Inn they are providing good value for being one hour away from the greater Washington DC area. For my meetings this was the closest location and a good value.

Room tip: Overlooking the parking lot down the hall from the Ice Machine
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank BusinessTravellerVA
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We stay at this Hampton 2-3 x per year while visiting family in Winchester. Generally this is a good place to stay. This past trip in May 2012 was not the normal stay. We had a sticky bathroom floor, carpets felt sticky and our shower leaked for 3 days with less than 50% shower head water.

The doors slam shut in the hallway. They need door closers on them. People are too inconsiderate to close them slowly. I had complained about this in the past.

Front Desk Staff is always nice and helpful. Gave us a discount when we complained about the problems. They do try to take care of their guests. Cleaning staff could use some training or help.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Great accommodations near the mall and university in Winchester, VA. Good morning breakfast bar to help get the day moving without having to go out.

Room tip: Away from the elevator.
Date of stay: May 2011