“We enjoyed our stay again”

Hampton Inn Winchester-North
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I wrote a review before on this Hampton Inn last year and continue to be pleasantly surprised by the quality of the stay. The beds are very comfortable and the quality of the hvac system is better than most. We were there when the overnight temperatures were in single digits and we stayed warm through the night.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Winchester-North

Reviewed 23 January 2014

This Hampton has the best hydro tubs. We were there during one of their coldest days. The rooms were pre warmed and welcoming. The staff as always was welcoming and efficient along with clean rooms. The only minus was due to the unusually cold exterior conditions the breakfast area was chilly for the patrons due to the open concept, but as always a good breakfast. The internet was better than most. Comfortable beds.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong, but the only slight tip see if you can get a room on the west side of the fa...
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We've stayed at many Hampton Inns but this one was, by far, the cleanest and friendliest. Every staff member we encountered went out of their way to be pleasant and helpful. Our room was fresh and clean every day. The bathroom literally sparkled!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Wherever you go, the Hampton hotels are consistently good hotels. While not on a par with 4Seasons or Mandarin Oriental, in my opinion the Hampton Inn is the best value hotel out there. Although not the cheapest, you can always count on a nice room, reliable internet, and a good breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 January 2014

When we were traveling cross country in 2013 we always stayed at a Hampton Inn. Very accomodating. Always helpful and courteous. The rooms are comfortable and the breakfasts have a good variety to choose from.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I just finished a two night stay (1/10/14 check in -1/12/14 check out). I stayed with my high school's drama group while attending the International Thespian Society conference at Shenandoah University. We originally booked the Fairfield, but they moved us here due to a broken water pipe from the cold temps. We arrived at the hotel around 12:30 Saturday morning after our nighttime performance on Friday night. While only one person was on staff, he dealt with our group of 25-30 very well, and quickly got everyone checked in. I was put in room 415 with 3 other guys. Keeping in mind that this is a hotel that allows smoking, my roommates and I did notice the strong odor of cigarette (and possibly cigar) smoke when we arrived on our floor. Thankfully, our room did not have any smoke scent whatsoever. The room consisted of 2 beds, a TV, a microwave, a mini fridge, a coffee maker, an alarm clock, and a small round table with one chair. It was a little tight for 4 teenage boys, but was certainly manageable. The bathroom was very spacious and was very clean (as was the rest of our room). House keeping did a good job dealing with our mess! For some reason, the coffee maker was in the bathroom. I'm not sure if it is a "tradition" for Hampton Inns to put the coffee makers in the same room where people defecate, as I have noticed this at 3 other Hampton Inns around the country. The breakfast was OK. I have had better, but it filled me up. There were two breakfast attendants who were both working very hard and were very nice. On the second night of my stay, my room wanted some extra pillows. When we got downstairs, they were already there waiting for us. The same guy from the night before had gotten us the pillows. My only big complaint would have to be about the bed sheets. They were very rough! I could probably find better sheets at a motel 6! The duvet was fine....just the sheets were rough. Some people complained about traffic noise in other reviews. Even though our room faced the highway (Which is really an on and off ramp), my roommates and I had no problems with traffic noise....just snoring noises! Overall, the staff was very helpful and I was pleased with how they dealt with a group of our size. FYI, another large theatre group who was also performing at the university, was also staying there. I would definitely stay here again, and would recommend that groups stay here due to a large conference/ ball room on the lower level, the proximity of many restaurants, and the competence of the staff. The hotel is right off of I-81, so other than a some restaurants, you can't really get to the "city center" without transportation. The pool is outside, so I did not get to use it. While the gym was minimal, it looked functional. Thanks you for a great stay!

Room Tip: Good for school groups. I would recommend this hotel for 1-3 night stays. Go to a different hotel...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We have stayed here numerous times and have recommended it many times to our friends. We're never disappointed with the service, the accommodations. Our expectations are always exceeded. If there is ever a problem, staff are quick to comply.