“Great hotel- but don't go to breakfast.”

Hampton Inn Winchester-North
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great hotel- but don't go to breakfast.”
Reviewed 22 August 2010

I liked this hotel. We stayed overnight. The restaurant in town that was recommended to us was not very good. We got there & there was a 70 people birthday party going on. They were out of entrees that we wanted- it was noisy & parking around the restaurant was limited. We won't go back to this place.
We went for the hot tub and it was worth it. I liked the bed- but I wanted 2 more pillows- i tried to call the front desk- I kept getting a busy signal.

We heard the trucks exiting I81 all night.

Breakfast the next day was not even worth being free. The "scrambled eggs" were so overcooked- I didn't even know you could get that overcooked. The fruit salad was slimy- it must have been a few days old. They should stick to things that don't need any cooking- bananas, apples, cereal, bagels, etc...
I'm been to other Hampton Inns- this was not the best- but it was ok. I didn't go for the free breakfast. I went for the hot tub & not disappointed. I would go back.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marymadog

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 August 2010

This chain has always been pretty reliable for us in the past. This one is no exception. Bed was comfortable. Wifi was strong. Plenty of towels, etc. We thought the hot water temperature was way too hot. You could scald yourself easily. They could save some money and turn the temperature down a little. The room was clean. The elevator carpet, however, needs some TLC; use the vacuum cleaner crevice nozzle and clean around the the edges! The breakfast was good, too. The room was kind of opened to the lobby and you didn't feel boxed in like some places. We Stayed one night enroute to NC and enjoyed visiting Winchester. It has tons of history starting in Colonial times, and was very interesting. we ate at the Cork St .Pub and had a great time there. We would definitely come back.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Warwick, New York
Reviewed 23 July 2010

Couple routine maintenance items reported to deak. Handle on sink about to fall off, and shower head not installed tightly, with result aprayed small leak. Nothing drastic.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Balt, MD
Reviewed 23 July 2010

I selected this Hampton inn for its relatively close proximity to Summit Point Raceway.

Not the best location if you're towing a trailer, but there's seems to be enough room to fit most rigs. The hotel abuts to a residential neighborhood which seemed to be quiet and sedate.
This Hampton Inn lived up to my expectations with a clean room, quiet, fresh breakfast, and courteous service.
I'll stay there again...

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
Sherman Oaks, CA
Reviewed 21 July 2010

I stayed one night passing through Winchester. No recognition of my HH Diamond VIP status on checkin, although there was a letter in the room (but no water or other usual Diamond Hampton Inn amenity). The A/C was a little hard to balance. My wife (who has a very sensative nose) thought she smelled smoke in the room. I did not, although air could have been a little fresher. The furnishings seemed on the newer side. Some noticable dings and dents in the walls. doors -- property seems to get heavy use. Generally seemed clean. We did the prepaid, non-cancellable rate of around $80. A walkup in front of me checking in (11:00 PM) was quoted $110. Pays to reserve in advance. It seems like a popular property with the parking lot nearly full on our checkin and others coming in behind us.

One strong highligh was the wonderful lady running the breakfast room. She really worked hard and was among the friendliest people I have run into in a while. She really brightened my day.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 July 2010

We have stayed here several times en route from the Carolinas to New Jersey. It is a convenient location, easy on/off, with many restaurants nearby. Always friendly service too.

Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Greeneville, Tennessee
Reviewed 17 July 2010

I already knew Hampton Inns for their cleanliness and comfort. But at the Winchester North Hampton Inn (exit 315 off I-81), I was treated to hospitality above and beyond. Yes, there were the usual fresh baked cookies waiting for me at the front desk. Yes, the desk clerk was friendly during my arrival process. But we had a sudden and severe downpour as I arrived. Someone else was already parked in the entryway for protection from the rain. I pulled in at an angle to try to keep fairly dry while I unloaded stuff from the car. The manager offered me an umbrella, and told me to stay in the portico for as long as I needed to. Then, when I mentioned wanting to go out for Italian food, the desk clerk handed me a menu from a local restaurant, and said they would deliver to the hotel. You couldn't ask for more hospitality!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo