“Nice Pet Friendly Motel!”
Review of Motel 6 Winchester

Motel 6 Winchester
Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Reviewed 25 June 2013

This hotel has been given a modernization with some really cool deco-style rooms. The floors are tile so if you bring your pooch you get the pitter patter of your favorite paws. (It was cute) The pet rest area was a nice large grassy area for pets to do thier buisness but not all pet owners have been responsible and cleaned up after thier pets so watch your step. The people where friendly, rooms where clean...very no fuss inexpensive clean, comfortable and safe..close to Old Town Winchester and VA Wine Country.

Room Tip: The bottom floor rooms are easy access and relatively quiet. Take your dog! They need a vacation too...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 June 2013

We requested a ground floor, non-smoking room with a king bed and that is exactly what we got. We were also placed at the end of an interior hallway, so that we would be right next to an exterior door. We were able to conveniently walk our dog, without any disturbances. Andrew, the reservation clerk was personable and helped us to decide upon 1 of the 4 restaurants we were interested in visiting for dinner. He had been to each of them previously. This Motel 6 complex is conveniently located, and easy to find. Our room was clean, quiet, and comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I've never stayed in such a nice cheap motel. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The location, while not perfect, was easy to find with my GPS. The room was very clean and seemed recently updated. The furniture looked like it was out of IKEA. The beds were comfortable. Even the towels seemed new. It had hardwood floors, which was weird for a hotel, but nice with the dog. If I ever find myself driving down that way again, I will definitely be staying here - with or without my dog.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank RunawayJimPVD
Reviewed 11 May 2013

We booked online and received a discounted price, we arrived at motel 6 at 2am, the gentlemen behind the counter was very polite, respectful and very nice. ( Great to see a smiling face at 2 am) Check -in was quick and easy. We were very surprised of how nice the our room was , hardwood floors, flat screen tv , 2 very comfortable full size beds , self controlled heat or air, refrigerator and microwave. Close to everything, parking lot was well lit and we felt comfortable. The only two problems we seem to have was the shower walls didn't seem to be cleaned very well and the guy at the counter when we checked in said he would leave a note for the morning staff to let us sleep in a little later then check out time but we were awoken at 10am from morning staff saying it was check out time,When I went in to return cards the lady behind the counter was nasty and disrespectful and walked into the back as i was still speaking. But over all great place too stay !!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank taylor2taylor
Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

I like to try out the moderately priced motels that are ideal for a place to crash for the night when one is interstate traveling. This place was a good find! The place was clean, clean, clean! They had replaced the typical mold and germ ridden motel carpeting with the Pergo-style hardwood floors. This made cleaning them easy and made for a nice, clean floor! There was no breakfast with the room price- in fact no breakfast at all, but there was 24 hour coffee. The pillows were useless (we always bring our own) but otherwise the bed and bedding was quite good. The bathroom had been recently redone with tile floors and other new appointments. The staff were nice and friendly, and the motel was reasonably priced. overall it was an an enjoyable place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank BeachcombersNC
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Booked online and got rate $10 less than walk in rate. Check in was quick. Staff didn't seem to know much about the area. The room was HUGE. Love the laminate floors (Carpets get icky). Room was clean. Big note that it's 1-2 miles from the highway and +/- 5 miles from "town".

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank TrudyGinsburg
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Booked ahead online and got a great rate.

Check in was quick and the staff was friendly and efficient. I had a king room on the first floor. I love being able to park right outside my room. The parking lot was extremely well lit. Being a solo female, I didn't feel uncomfortable at all.

The room was relatively recently renovated. Furniture was sparse and Ikea - ish, but functional. Having a fridge and microwave available meant I was able to prepare myself dinner and breakfast with pre-planning on my part. No breakfast is served or available at the motel - coffee is available in the lobby.

The room was quiet. I was woken up one time by some inconsiderate guests (a family with small children actually) who arrived late and were very loud unloading and getting to their room - the hotel can't control inconsiderate guests like this unfortunately.

The shower was good and hot. No toiletries except soap provided, which I was aware of before arriving. Bed was very comfortable.

Check out was quick and the staff friendly and professional again.

For an overnight stop on a road trip I highly recommend this budget hotel.

ktown