“Some good points, some not so good”
Review of Motel 6 Winchester

Motel 6 Winchester
Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
New Jersey
“Some good points, some not so good”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Had heard good things about this location for the money. The rate was reasonable and our room seemed clean overall, and most everything seemed to work, if I recall. Four stars on my rating mainly for the price and clean room. I've paid a lot more for a lot worse!

The shower head was low and would be awkward for tall folks.

Our room was near the junction of two wings, so we didn't have the noise of cars driving by. I had asked for a quiet location and this was certainly better than the rooms on the opposite side of our wing (behind us); the guests there were apparently playing their drums or loud music into the evening.

Decent area to walk dogs.

Wasn't thrilled with some of the other guests we encountered during our stay. Would not be surprised to see them still there if I stay again.

Not in the most convenient location for food and such, but there were many food options just a few miles up the road.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Sterling, VA
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed here with my wife and two dogs so we could visit the Drive-In Theater in Stephen's City. The room was large, open, clean, and modern. The price was $45 with my military discount. For $45 we slept in a clean and comfortable room. This suited our needs and exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Four Oaks, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed here for one night as a stopover on a long trip. The room was very clean and we were glad to have 24 hour availability to coffee in the lobby. The only downside, and it was NOT a problem with the hotel itself, was that the guest(s) in the room next to us had a HUGE dog that stayed in the window barking at anyone and everyone who pulled into the parking lot or walked by the room. (Probably should have put this particular guest in a room away from foot traffic)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Plattsburgh, New York
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I usually stop here overnight on my way from North Carolina to New York because I travel with my golden retriever and they accept pets. I don't expect that much from a Motel 6 (at a great price), but I can't tolerate filthiness at any cost. The first room I was assigned was full of houseflies (hundreds of them) and smelled like an old ashtray. I asked to be moved and was put into a different room that was so dirty I couldn't believe it. There were cigarette burn holes on the bedspread and pillows. The bathroom was disgusting. If I hadn't been so exhausted I would have tried to find another spot, but with the dog that isn't easy at the last minute. I have stayed here many times before and got exactly what I expected: an inexpensive room with no frills, but clean. Not this time! Never again.

Room Tip: If you do stay here, insist on a room in the main building. The outer building is apparently assign...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jeannie1717

Travellers are raving about these Winchester hotels

Knoxville, TN
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Although this room was very large, there were several items of interest. The carpet in the room was ragged at the thresholds, and was worn throughout. The fridge was in the wrong position and I had to move to where it belonged. The TV could have definitely been bigger/nicer since it was probably 1980's model. Also, thought we were going to have to change rooms when we got up in the morning to take shower and there was very nasty/dirty water coming out of nozzle. However, to my happiness the clerk on duty did come over and assist in getting us clean water to shower with. So, all-in-all not bad place if just looking for bed to sleep in. Most important....did NOT find any bed bugs!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Port Orange, Florida
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This is a clean Motel 6 inside and out. Our room was large with a microwave and refrigerator. The furniture and fixtures were new and in good shape. This property is in the top 10% of Motel 6's that we've stayed at. We will be back next time we're in the area with our pets.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This Motel six is one of if not the best rooms I have stayed at. I had a real bad experience at Motel 6 in Palm Bay FL. We always stay at Motel Six when we can because of price. The one in Palm Bay I gave a really bad review but the manager more than made up because he gave us two free nights at any Motel 6 we wanted to stay at. We had a real bad experiance and by far the worst motel I have ever stayed in was the Scottish Inn is Shartsville PA. When my wife and I walked in this Motel Six we were very pleasantly surprised. I was already thinking it but my wife spoke first and said she thought this is the nicest room we have ever rented. I just can't say enough about how nice it is. The lady at the front desk was going to give us a room on the second floor but I just happened to mention that we try to get rooms on the first floor bacause of my wife having Parkinson's Disease and just that simple she gave us a room on first floor that totally caters to handy capped people and the way the room is set up I feel they went above and beyond. I will be telling everybody this motel.

Room Tip: You want to stay here and you will be very glad you did.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple