“Road Weary Oasis”

Red Roof Inn Winchester
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Reviewed 21 July 2014

On route from Vermont to Tennessee, my brother-in-law suggested Red Roof. I travel with my dog and have not had good experiences at other hotels of this type (price range). It was very great, clean, and most importantly quiet. I will definetly search out Red Roof again. Try it.

Almost forgot, Jay helped me check in he was very professional.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Judy T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2014

We appreciate your feedback and hope you continue to stay with in the future as well.

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at a lot of Red Roofs. We love them, but this place did not even seem like our Red Roofs. The moment we walked in we were just about knocked down from the smell. We turned the A/C up on high and eventually the smell was bearable. Beds slept ok, but the next morning when we went to get our shower, there was 2 wet towels hanging on the back of the door. Yuck!! They need to upgrade their place like the other Red Roofs have.

Stayed: July 2014
Judy T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Recently, we have upgraded some of our rooms with new bedding and TV's. Hope you give us another try in the future and we can accommodate you in a better way.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

On Sunday evening at 11:00 pm 7/13/14 after driving through torrential rains for 6 hours we stopped at this hotel after finding a coupon in the travel guide at the Welcome Center. After waiting 10 minutes for the people ahead of us to get checked in I handed the coupon to the gentleman at the desk and asked if there were rooms available. He responded yes. I next asked if the rooms were clean? His response was "I don't know and if you don't like that you can go somewhere else". When I tried to explain why I asked the question and asked if you ran a clean hotel, (appeared to be a frequent stop for construction workers and the nature of their job does not always lend itself to well kept rooms), his response was I should go somewhere else. Well I took his advise and went somewhere else and will NEVER stop at this hotel again. Very disappointed. The Best Western down the street was by far a better choice. Our trip from NC to NY we make several times a year will not include this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank trhconcordnc
Judy T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

I'm very sorry for the bad experience you had upon check in. I want to let you know that, we have terminated the GSR who was rude and he no longer works for us. I hope you give us another try in the future and I will make sure that you have a comfortable stay here. I'm sorry again for what happened.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I am a fan of Red Roof for the most part anyway. We stayed in a superior room with a king bed and a fridge and microwave. The desk clerk was helpful and friendly. I'd stay there again and I'd recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thanks for your comments. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Very comfortable, clean, friendly hotel with large rooms, micro fridges in Superior King rooms, free good quality internet, wide variety of TV stations, and a nice breakfast. I have stayed here many times in the last 5 years for dog agility competitions nearby. The hotel has plenty of grassy areas for dog walking and a pet friendly atmosphere. The manager is a lovely woman who tries to make everyone feel at home. I will certainly return whenever I am in this area. A great value!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Thanks for your kind words. Hope we get to see you again.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We found the room to be clean, convenient and comfortable. The staff was gracious, cooperative, and friendly. Convenient places to eat were nearby. Only problem, other patrons smoked outside our room!

Room Tip: Reserve handicap room well in advance as they have only one and it does not have a walk-in shower.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank SARAJHBlythewood

We are happy that you liked our location. Thanks for recommending us to other travelers.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Very predictable,clean, comfortable
I only indulged in the Orange juice in the AM.
Front desk very accommodating during the check-in and check-out
No problem.
Very accessible from I-81 and with coupon from visitor's center.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Judy T, Manager at Red Roof Inn Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

Thanks for your comment about our cleanliness and comfortable stay. We appreciate your business and hope to see you soon.